Top Government Exams for 2017: What is Awaiting?
There is plentiful employment announcements issued every year by government and it’s subordinate. Most of the recruitment boards conduct a common competitive examination as a part of the respective selection process. Government jobs are an ideal option for the job aspirants. Every candidate wants to bag the much coveted government or banking sector job.
Most of the time they are in search of examination dates to be conducted so that they can apply and prepare for it. They are aware that the rigorous examinations ensure that only a deserving handful gets recruited thus one needs to prepare in advance to be the part of these lucrative sectors.
This article will update the readers with the forthcoming government examinations to be held in the year 2017 & exam preparation, which will help them to look for the relevant information at one place only. The aspirant can find the upcoming recruitments and examinations in employment news.
It is ideal if the aspirants keep an eye on the major recruitment examinations in 2017 and pull up their socks to face the competition well in advance. According to the calendar provided by various examining bodies, let us discuss top such recruitment examinations in 2017.
IBPS BANK PO
The post of a bank probationary officer (PO) would superimpose the approach for a great future in the banking sector. A bank PO job is an access to reach the high level position. Characteristically there is a need for a 2-year probation period or training before one joins as an Assistant Manager or a branch. The job profile entails for general banking and banking administration skills, good communication skills to tranquilly resolve conflicts, administration of clerical work, and Mounting bank business with enhanced services.
Online registration starts: July to August 2017
IBPS PO (CWE VI) Prelim Exam: October 2017
IBPS PO (CWE VI) Main Exam: November 2017
SBI PO Recruitment 2017
The State Bank of India is a giant bank with kindling branches in inaccessible corners of the country and caters to every banking requirement. Improved roles and responsibilities also give rise to superior learning opportunity. It has a two year probation period involving frequent trainings and transfers before a formal joining. The job contour involves general banking tasks, administrative errands, along with a marketing focus, which is a major factor in SBI.
Online registration starts: April 2017
SBI PO Prelim Exam: June 2017
SBI PO Main Exam: July 2017
The Specialist Officer enrollment is however one more chief job opportunity from IBPS. Specialist Officers are appointed to explicit departments for specific roles, according to their educational backdrop.
It has an assorted Job profile for different posts:
- IT Officer: To take care of the software systems in the banks
- Law Officer: To Handle the bank's legal and judicial matters
- Agriculture Officer: To Promote loans in rural areas for agricultural purposes
- Marketing Officer: To take care of the bank's marketing and branding
- HR Officer: To handle the functions of the Human Resource Department
- Rajbhasha Adhikari: To translate related works.
Online registration starts: 16 November, 2016
IBPS SO (CWE VI) Exam: 28, 29 January, 2017
The Staff Selection Commission demeanors Combined Graduate Level Examination (SSC CGL) to fill up available job at special Central Civil posts and different ministries. The CGL exam is carried out for group B and C cadre posts. The vacancies expected to come up this year along with their job profiles are specified below:
- Examiner-To access and examine the goods, checking samples, examining import and export cargo and levy charges for the same. This is an inspector post and is an all-time coastal job
- Assistant CSS- To deal with various governmental work files. Posting would be in various ministries in Delhi
- Preventive Officer- To deal with files and paperwork, while field postings would involve keeping a watch for smugglers, similar to the working of a customs preventive officer. This is the post of an inspector.
- Income Tax Inspector- Work related to assessment and non-assessment of tax, TDS, along with accompanying of a raid team
- Central Excise Inspector- Executive work relatd to central excise and service tax augmentation, detecting tax evasion etc.
- Assistant in MEA & Assistant- Possible postings in the foreign countries, along with lucrative facilities such as accommodation, children's education etc.
- Assistant Enforcement Officer- Field postings which involve executive work by locating money launder, conducting searches on suspected persons and premises, seizing incriminating materials etc. This is an inspector post with round the clock duty
- Sub-Inspector in CBI-To do regular tasks of an inspector position will be involved. Weapons won't be issued unless carrying out tasks in dangerous places
- Inspector of Posts- To sell Postal Life Insurance with a fixed target
- Auditor- It is a non-interview post, with recruitment under CAG and CGDA departments
Application forms release: On 11 March, 2017
SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam: From 19 June to 2 July, 2017
SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam: from 5 to 8 September, 2017
This job will provide a lot of learning opportunities to the candidate regarding the economy, such as, about inflation and corruption, and also about IMF, World Bank etc. An aspirant needs to crack this exam and face an interview conducted by RBI officers, in order to qualify. The uppermost posts which can be packed through the exam are that of the RBI Grade B officers-an entry level officer position post for management cadre. Governor posts are reserved for IAS officers only.
Application forms release: 2nd week of July, 2017
RBI Grade B Phase 1 and Phase 2: September 2017
Author Bio – This content is published from IBT Institute- Best Coaching Center for SSC, IBPS and Bank PO Coaching in Laxmi Nagar, Delhi.