Punjab to reserve 33 per cent government jobs for women
- The congress government in Punjab led by Amarinder Singh decided to provide 33 per cent reservation for women in all government jobs.
- This was among many decisions that the state cabinet took in it's first meeting.
- The reservation would also apply to contractual appointments of women in government jobs.
- The representation of women in Panchayati Raj Institutions and urban local bodies would go up from 33 per cent to 50 per cent.
- The government decided to do away with the “VIP culture” by removing;
2. amber and
3. blue beacons
from official vehicles of all state;
3. bureaucrats and
4. political appointees, and
scrap the practice of laying of foundation stones while inaugurating public projects.
Quick Question for Bank PO/ IBPS Exams 2016-17:
Which state government has decided to provide 33 per cent reservation for women in all government jobs?