India launches ‘Cyber Swachhta Kendra’ to protect citizens
- The government through its Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-in) launched “Cyber Swachhta Kendra” — a new desktop and mobile security solution for a secure cyber space in the country.
- The new solution will notify, enable cleaning and secure systems of end-users to prevent further infections.
- This centre will work in coordination with the internet service providers (ISPs) and Industry.
- This Kendra will also enhance awareness among citizens regarding botnet and malware infection along with measures to be taken to secure their devices
- Part of the solution, USB Pratirodh is a desktop security solution that controls the usage of;
1. removable storage media like pen drives,
2. external hard drives and
3. other USB-supported mass storage devices.
- M-Kavach tool offers a comprehensive mobile device security solution for Android devices addressing threats related to mobile phones.
- AppSamvid is a desktop solution which protects systems by allowing installation of genuine applications through white listing.
- This helps in preventing threats from malicious applications.
- The Cyber Swachhta Kendra is part of the government of India’s Digital India initiative under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY).
Quick Question for Bank PO/ IBPS Exams 2016-17:
The government through its Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-in) launched which new desktop and mobile security solution for a secure cyber space in the country?
- “Cyber Swachhta Kendra”.