- China has tested the latest version of its fifth-generation stealth fighter, state media reported Monday, as it tries to end the West's monopoly on the world's most advanced warplanes.
- The test comes as the nation flexes its military muscles, sending its sole aircraft carrier the Liaoning into the western Pacific in recent days to lead drills there for the first time+ .
- The newest version of the J-31 -- now renamed the FC-31 Gyrfalcon -- took to the air for the first time
- The new FC-31 has "better stealth capabilities, improved electronic equipment and a larger payload capacity" than the previous version+ which debuted in October 2012, the newspaper said, quoting aviation expert Wu Peixin.
Quick Question for Bank PO/ IBPS Exams 2016-17:
Which new jet fighter plane was tested by China on 26th of December, as it tries to end the West's monopoly on the world's most advanced warplanes?
- FC-31 Gyrfalcon prototype