Veteran Hindi Scholar and Novelist Surendra Verma Selected for 2016 Vyas Samman7
- Renowned Hindi litterateur and playwright Surendra Verma has been selected for 2016 Vyas Samman for his novel Kaatna Shami Ka Vriksha Padma Pankhuri Ki Dhar Se.
- This novel was published in the year 2010.
Mr Verma would be presented a cash prize of Rs. 3.50 lakh a citation and a logo for the prestigious award instituted by K K Birla Foundation.
- Surendra Verma will be the 26th recipient of the honor.
- Surendra Verma was born on September 7, 1941 in Jhansi, Uttar Pradesh.
- He is an M.A in linguistics.
- He started his career as a teacher and soon started writing stories. His first play was Surya ki antim kiran sesurya kipahli kiran tak (From the Sun’s Last Ray to the Sun’s First Ray).
- This play was premiered in Marathi by Amol Palekar in 1972.
- He had been associated with the National School of Drama for long and has published about fifteen titles of short stories, novels, satires and play.
Quick Question for Bank PO/ IBPS Exams 2016-17:
Which renowned Hindi litterateur and playwright has been selected for 2016 Vyas Samman for his novel Kaatna Shami Ka Vriksha Padma Pankhuri Ki Dhar Se?
- Surendra Verma.
(No Ratings Yet)