The Story of Village Palampur – Class 9 IX – Economics Social Science – Intext NCERT Solutions
IN-TEXT QUESTIONS SOLVED
Q1. page 3.
• The following Table shows the land under cultivation in India in units of million hectares. Plot this on the graph provided. What does the graph show?Discuss in class.
• Is it important to increase the area under irrigation? Why?
Q2. page 5.
• What is the difference between multiple cropping and modern farming method?
• Table 1.2 shows the production of wheat and pulses in India after the Green Revolution in units of million tonnes. Plot this on a graph. Was the Green Revolution equally successful for both the crops ? Discuss.
• What is the working capital required by the farmer using modern farming methods?
• Modern farming methods require the farmer to start with more cash than before. Why?
Q3. page 7. Q4. page 9.
• Identify the work being done on the field in the pictures 1.6 and arrange them in proper sequence.
• Why are farm labourers like Dala and Ramkali poor ?
• Gosaipur and Majauli are two villages in North Bihar. Out of a total of 850 households in the two villages, there are more than 250 men who are employed in rural Punjab and Haryana or in Delhi, Mumbai, Surat, Hyderabad or Nagpur. Such migration is common in most villages across India. Why do people migrate? Can you describe the work that the migrants of Gosaipur and Majauli might do at the place of destination?
Q4. page 9.