The Snake Trying (NCERT Solutions for Class 9)
Thinking about the Poem
- 1. What is the snake trying to escape from?
2. Is it a harmful snake? What is its colour?
3. The poet finds the snake beautiful. Find the words he uses to convey its beauty.
4. What does the poet wish for the snake?
5. Where was the snake before anyone saw it and chased it away? Where does the snake disappear?
- 1. Find out as much as you can about different kinds of snakes (from books in the library, or from the Internet). Are they all poisonous? Find out the names of some poisonous snakes.