REASONING ( SBI PO ( Preliminary Exam) , 09-07-2016- Previous Year Paper)
Directions (1-3) : Study the following information and answer the given questions.
S is the mother of D. K is the brother of D. K is the only son of M. M is the son of U. U is the husband of T. T is the mother of Y.
- If D is married to X, then how is X related to M ?
- How is T related to K ?
- How is S related to Y ?
Directions (4-8) : In these questions, relationship between different elements is shown in the statements. The statements are followed by conclusions. Study the conclusions based on the given statements and select the appropriate answer.
Give answer :
(1) Both conclusions I and II are true
(2) Only conclusion I is true
(3) Neither conclusion I nor II is true
(4) Only conclusion II is true
(5) Either conclusion II or conclusion is true
- Statements : R>S=T ≥U; S ≥ A >V
I. A < R
II. V ≤U
- Statements : B> E ≥ A ≥ T = H ≤ I ≤ M
I. H ≤ E
II. B >T
- Statements : S<M<I<T; R≥J>I
I. R = S
II. S < R
- Statements : B>E≥A≥T=H<I≤M
- Statements : D ≤ O ≤ L > C ≥ E
I. O < E
II. L ≥ D
Directions (9-10) : Read the following information and answer the given questions.
Vansh starts walking from Point E and walks 25m towards the north.
He then takes a right turn and walks for 15m.
He Makes a left turn and stops at Point M after walking for 20m.
Point K is 30m to the west of Point M.
Point K is 45m to the north of Point J.
Point J is 10m to the east of Point L.
- How far and in which direction is Point E with respect to Point L ?
(1) 30 m towards West
(2) 25 in towards East
(3) 20 in towards East
(4) 20 m towards West
(5) 25m towards West
- If Neha is standing at Point D which is 20m to the north of Point L, in which direction will she have to walk in order to reach Point M ?
Directions (11-13) : Read the given information carefully and answer the questions.Each of the six sections, U, V, W, X, Y and Z of the same class has different number of students. Only Z has more number of students than X. V has more number of students than Y but less than U. W has more number of students than both Y and U. The section having the third highest number of students has 39 students. Y has 24 students.
- If the number of students in sections W + Z is sixty-six more than the number of students in section Y, how many of students are there in section Z ?
- How many students does section V possibly have ?
- Which of the following is true regarding the number of students in section U ?
(1) No other section has less students than U.
(2) X has more number of students than U.
(3) U possibly has 45 students.
(4) U has more number of students than only three sections.
(5) None of the given options is true
Directions (14-19) : Study the following information and answer the questions.
Seven people, namely, A, B, C, D, E, F and G have an appointment but not necessarily in the same order, on seven different months (of the same year) namely January, February, April, June, August, October and December. Each of them also likes a different activity namely Drawing, Singing, Painting, Boxing, Karate, Craft and Running but not necessarily in the same order. The one who likes Craft has an appointment on one of the months before April. Only two people have an appointment between the one who likes craft and the one who likes painting. Only one person has an appointment between the one who likes painting and the one who likes running The one who likes running has an appointment in a month which has 31 days. Only three people have an appointment between the one who likes running and E. G has an appointment on one of the months before E. G does not have an appointment in the month which has the least number of days. Only three people have an appointment between G and C. Only one person -has an appointment between C and the one who likes Karate. The one who likes Karate has an appointment before C. The one who likes singing has an appointment immediately before B. B has an appointment in a month which has less than 31 days. Only one person has an appointment between A and F. A has an appointment before F. Only one person has an appointment between F and the one who likes drawing.
- Who amongst the following has an appointment before the one who has an appointment in December ?
(4) The one who likes Running
(5) The one who likes Boxing
- In which of the following pairs, both the persons have an appointment in months which have less than 31 days ?
(1) A, F
(2) F, D
(3) B, F
(4) E, D
- Which of the following combinations is correct ?
- As per the given arrangement Craft is related to April and Karate is related to June following a certain pattern, which of the following is Drawing related to following the same pattern ?
- Who amongst the following likes Running ?
(5) Other than those given as options
- How many people have an appointment between the one who has an appointment in February and A ?
(3) More than three
Directions (20-24) : Study the given information carefully to answer the given questions.
Seven boxes- A, B, C, D, E, F and G are kept one above the other, but not necessarily in the same order. Each box contains different items- Shoes, Papers, Bands, Medicines, Ribbons, Creams and Phones, but not necessarily in the same order. Only three boxes are kept between D and G. The Ribbon box is kept immediately above G. Only one box is kept between the Ribbon box and A. The Ribbon box is not the second from the bottom of the stack, Only one box is kept between E and A. E is kept above A. The Medicine box is kept immediately above E. Only three boxes are kept between the Medicine box and the Shoe box. The Paper Box is immediately above the Phone box. G is not the Paper box. F is kept immediately below the Cream box. Only one box is kept between B and the Cream box.
- Four of the following five are alike in a certain way and hence form a group. Which of the following does not belong to the group ?
- Which of the following boxes contains bands ?
(5) Other than those given as options
- What is the position of F in the given stack of boxes ?
(1) Second from the top
(2) Third from the bottom
(3) First from the top
(4) Fifth from the bottom
(5) Fourth from the top
- Which of the following boxes is kept immediately below G ?
(4) The Shoe box
(5) The Paper box
- How many boxes are kept between B and the Ribbon box ?
(5) More than three
Directions (25-29) : Study the following information to answer the given questions.
Eight friends, C, D, E, F, L, M, N and 0 are seated in a straight line, but not necessarily in the same order. Some of them are facing north while some face south. Only three people sit to the right of M. E sits second to the left of M. F sits third to the right of 0. 0 is not an immediate neighbour of M. 0 does not sit at any of the extreme ends of the line. Both the immediate neighbours of 0 face south. D sits second to the right of N.
As many people sit between M and D as between M and L. Immediate neighbours of F face opposite directions (i.e. if one person faces north then the other person faces south and vice-versa.) C Faces south
L and F face direction opposite to C (i.e. if C faces north then both L and F face south and vice-versa.)
- Which of the following is true, based on the given arrangement ?
(1) D faces north.
(2) Only three people face south.
(3) L sits at one of the extreme ends of the line.
(4) 0 and E face the same directions.
(5) None of the given options is true
- How many people sit to the left of 0?
(2) More than four
- Who amongst the following faces South ?
- Who amongst the following sits second to the left of L ?
(4) No one as less than two people sit to the left of L
- Who amongst the following represent the persons sitting at extreme ends of the line ?
(1) D, N
(2) C, D
(3) L, N
(4) D, L
(5) C, N
Directions (30-35) : Study the following information and answer the given questions.
Seven people, namely A, B, C, D, E, F and G teach seven different subjects namely, Mathematics, English, Chemistry, History, Accountancy, Physics and Biology. Each of them works in either of the three institutes viz. Paramount, Brilliant and Embibe with atleast two of them in a institute.
(Note : None of the information given is necessarily in the same order.)
G teaches in Brilliant with the one who teaches Accountancy. The one who teaches Biology works in an institute with only the one who teaches Chemistry. B teaches English. B does not work with G. D works with F but not in Embibe. Neither D nor F teaches Accountancy. F does not teach Chemistry. C works with only the one who teaches Mathematics. E works with the one who teaches History.
- Who amongst the following teaches Physics ?
- Which of the following combinations represents the institute in which C works and the subject he teaches ?
- Which of the following subjects does A teach?
- Which of the following statements is true ?
(1) D teaches Biology
(2) None of the given statements is true
(3) Only two people teach in brilliant
(4) Both E and G work in the same institute
(5) A teaches Mathematics.
- Which of the following combination represents the combination of people working in Paramount ?
(1) D and the one who teaches English
(2) E, A
(3) G, C, E
(4) F and the one who teaches Chemistry
(5) A, B
- Four of the following five are alike in a certain way based on the given arrangement and hence form a group. Which of the following does not belong to that group ?