PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE ( SBI SO ( IT Officer ) Exam , 17-01-2016- Previous Year Paper)
- How many types of dimensions exist in Cloud cube model ?
- System analysts work with end users to determine the features that must be included in a new IT application. These are called ... .
(4) core functions
(5) critical processes
- What is full form of SOA, a method to improve availability in ITL ?
(1) Service ability of Applications
(2) Service Outage Analysis
(3) Service Offer Adjustment
(4) Systematic Operational Adjustment
(5) System Optimization Approach
- Which of the following is not a Web App interface mechanism ?
(4) Cookies and Links
- Which of the following is true of three-tier data worehouses ?
(1) Once created, the data marts will directly receive their new data from the operational databases.
(2) The data mart combines all the tables of the data warehouse.
(3) The data marts are different groups of tables in the data warehouse.
(4) Once created,- the data marts will keep on being updated from the data warehouse at periodic times.
(5) A data mart becomes a data warehouse when it reaches a critical size.
- Which of the following can help to detect transmission errors by appending specially calculated bits into the each segment of data ?
(1) Parity check
(2) Integrity check
(3) Accuracy check
(4) Redundancy check
(5) Completeness check
- SQL security issues include which of the following ?
(1) The complexity of key structures
(2) The number of records
(3) The size of databases
(4) The number of candidate key elements
(5) Granularity of administration
- What is the technical name of a wireless network ?
- If you are connected to your internal network, what should you check if you cannot connect to with servers on the internet ?
(1) Administrative rights
(2) NTFS permissions
(3) Browser settings
(4) Proxy settings
- To define what columns should be displayed in an SQL, SELECT statement ....................
(1) use USING to name the source table(s).
(2) use SELECT to name the source table(s) and list the columns to be shown after USING.
(3) use USING to name the source table(s) and list the columns to be shown after SELECT.
(4) use FROM to name the source table(s) and list the columns to be shown after SELECT.
(5) use USING to name the source table(s) and list the columns to be shown after WHERE.
- Which method of database recovery involves frequent simultaneous copying of the database to maintain two or more to complete copies of the database ?
- Which of the following is a CASE SQL statement ?
(1) A way to establish a data definition in SQL.
(2) A way to establish an IF-THEN-ELSE in SQL.
(3) Establish a loop in SQL or establish an IF-THEN-ELSE in SQL.
(4) A way to establish a loop in SQL.
(5) A way to establish a data definition in SQL or establish a loop in SQL.
- Which script you must query in Oracle to display the code associated with RMAN stored scripts ?
D. RC_SCRIPT S
E. RC_SCRIPTS in RC STORED SCRIPT
(1) Both A & C
(2) Both A & B
(3) Both B & D
(4) Only A
(5) Only B
- Which of the following is a dynamic analysis tool for the purpose of testing software modules ?
(1) Black box test
(2) Design and code
(3) Structured walk through
(4) Green box testing
(5) Desk checking
- Which of the following accesses the database and data dictionary in a database as they exist on a storage device ?
(1) DBMS engine
(2) Data administration system
(3) Application generation subsystem
(4) Data definition subsystem
(5) Data manipulation subsystem
- What is a reliable technique for estimating the scope and cost of a software-development project ?
(3) Function Point Analysis (FPA)
(5) Feature Point Analysis (FPA)
- Which of the following is not one of the elements that needs to be considered when constructing
WebApp server side configuration hosts ?
(1) System security measures
(2) Browser compatibility
(3) Operating system compatibility
(4) Database software integration
(5) System security measures and OS compatibility
- What is the main purpose of NCS software ?
(1) To prevent viruses from entering a network
(2) To ensure all users know how to use Windows
(3) To prevent worms from entering a network
(4) To control and coordinate activities and provide security in a network
(5) To monitor the router settings
- Online banking transactions are being posted to the database when processing suddenly comes to a hat. The integrity of the transaction processing is best ensured by ......................
(1) accuracy checks
(2) database integrity checks
(3) input controls
(4) validation checks
(5) Database commits and rollbacks
- Which one is not a phase of the systems development life cycle ?
(1) Problem analysis
(2) Decision analysis
(3) Requirements analysis
(4) Post-implementation review
(5) Scope definition
- Who is more concerned about the conceptual level at DBMS ?
(1) The system programmer
(2) Database viewer
(4) The end user 151 Client
- The simplest model in software development is ...................
(2) COCOBC model
(4) waterfall model
- Which of the following are effective controls for detecting duplicate transactions such as payments made or received ?
(1) Time stamps
(2) Concurrency controls
(3) Referential integrity controls
(4) Concurrency controls and referential integrity controls
(5) Reasonableness checks
- Which of the following statements is false ?
(1) Pointers are very useful.
(2) Pointers store the next data element of a list
(3) Data elements in linked lists need not be stored in adjacent space in memory
(4) Linked lists are collection of the nodes that contain information part and next pointer
(5) Arrays are dense lists and static data structure.
- ....................is a standard for security that is located at the network or packet processing layer of network communications, as opposed to the application layer.
(5) passive FTP
- A thin, credit-card size device used principally on Laptop computers to expand its capabilities is...............
(1) special card
(2) smart card
(3) expansion card
(4) flash card
(5) PC card
- In the concept of object orientation, .........................
(1) Users change properties and cell functions
(2) Designers can only call functions
(3) Designers can only call calculations
(4) Users change properties with their input devices
(5) Designers convert binary data into object functions
- Which OSI layer defines the standards for cabling and connectors ?
(1) Layer 5, 6 or 7
(2) Layer 3
(3) Layer 2
(4) Layer 1
(5) Layer 4
- Of the three major types of off-site processing facilities, what type is often an acceptable solution for preparing for recovery of noncritical systems and data ?
(1) Cold site
(2) Hot site
(3) Alternate site
(4) Warm site
(5) None of the above
- What type of BCP test user adjusts resources to simulate a system crash and validate the plan's effectiveness ?
(5) None of the above
- Data mining is used to aid in.............................
(1) analyzing current decisions made by managers.
(2) operational management
(3) retrieving archival data
(4) analysing past decisions made by managers
(5) detecting patterns in operational data
- Which of the following is best characterized by unauthorized modification of data before or during systems data entry ?
(1) Data modelling
(2) Salami attack
(3) Data corruption
(4) Data diddling
- Which of the following provid network redundancy in a local network environment ?
(3) Mirroring and Shadowing
(5) Dual backbones
- On point-to-point networks, OSPF hello packets are addressed to which address ?
- The first phase of software development is.....................
(5) Requirement analysis
- What is a scripting language ?
(1) A powerful type of programming language
(2) A programming language for creating websites
(3) A more complex programming language
(4) A programming language for writing operating systems
(5) A programming language used within another application or domain
- Which of the following do digital signatures provide ?
(1) Authentication and integrity of data
(2) Confidentiality and availability of data
(3) Authentication and confidentiality of data
(4) Confidentiality and integrity of data
(5) Authentication and availability of data
- SQL commands do not include which of the following ?
(1) Delete, Insert
(2) Select, Update
(3) Select, Revoke
(4) Grant, Revoke
(5) Select, Revoke
- Which of the following is a primary high level used when reviewing a system development project ?
(1) Ensure that business objectives are achieved
(2) Ensure that proper approval for this project has been obtained
(3) Ensure that programming and processing environments are segregated
(4) Ensure that projects are monitored and administrated effectively
(5) Costs have been identified correctly
- Which of the following codes must be granted to an Oracle 9x to perform a full database import ?
- The Oracle environment of database is called as .................
(1) Data types
(2) Data structure
(3) Database. instances
(4) Database schema
(5) Data values
- Which of the following are true of Enterprise Systems ?
(1) They include servers, databases and networks
(2) They require specialized computer hardware
(3) They are limited to access within the physical building
(4) They require special locations
(5) They require specialized computer software
- What does CIDR, a method of allocating IP addresses, stand for ?
(1) Classless Inter-domain Routing
(2) Classless IP Default Routing
(3) Glassful IP D-class Routing
(4) Classless IP D-class Routing
(5) Glassful Information Routing
- What tool is used to view the hardware and software loaded on a Windows server ?
(1) KB Tool
(2) System Information
(3) System configuration
(5) Device manager
- Which of the following is not one of the objectives of the WebApp content testing ?
(1) Identify linking errors
(2) Uncover semantic errors
(3) Uncover syntactic errors
(4) Uncover semantic and syntactic errors
(5) Find organizational Or structure errors
- A server farm is an example of..........................
(1) Multiple servers
(2) Redundant servers
(3) Server clustering
(4) Stand-alone server
(5) Serve fault tolerance
- Map entities, attributes and relations in Oracle is represented by .....................
(1) Special Schema
(2) Conceptual and Physical Schema
(3) Logical Schema
(4) Physical Schema
(5) Conceptual Schema
- Which of the following cloud concept is related to posting and sharing of resources ?
- A systems analysis test used to display how data moves through a new program design is called a(n).............
(1) data logic chart
(2) dataflow diagram
(3) system flowchart
(4) software logic diagram
(5) web-relationship illustration
- Which one of the following control steps is usually not performed in data warehousing applications ?
(1) Monitor summary tables for regular use
(2) Cleaning up the data
(3) Control meta data from being used interactively.
(4) Reconcile data moved between the operations environment and data warehouse
(5) Monitor the data purging plan