- Which Bill's passage in Monsoon session of Parliament has enabled the levy of goods and services tax (GST)?
(a) Constitution (100th Amendment) Bill, 2016
(b) Constitution (101st Amendment) Bill, 2016
(c) Constitution (102nd Amendment) Bill, 2016
(d) Constitution (103rd Amendment) Bill, 2016
- The government launched 'Smart Ganga City' programme in August 2016 in 10 cities located along Ganga to set up Sewage Treatment Plants (STPs) and improve drainage network. What will be the Centre's contribution in setting up STPs?
- Rajya Sabha passed the Maternity Benefit (Amendment) Bill, 2016 in August. What is the increased maternity leave?
(a) 24 weeks
(b) 26 weeks
(c) 28 weeks
(d) 30 weeks
- Government has notified the national 'Early Childhood Care and Education' (ECCE) policy. It aims to achieve holistic development of children below what age?
(a) 4 years
(b) 6 years
(c) 8 years
(d) 10 years
- The Factories (Amendment) Bill, 2016 passed by the Lok Sabha in August 2016 has increased the number of overtime working hours in a quarter to :
(a) 20 hours
(b) 40 hours
(c) 60 hours
(d) 100 hours
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched Mission Bhagiratha in Telangana in August 2016. It is related to which of the following?
(c) Drinking water
(d) Primary education
- Which state has launched online Village Integrated Monitoring System (VIMS) for better monitoring of development projects?
(a) Madhya Pradesh
(d) Uttar Pradesh
- Which state announced 33 per cent reservation to women in Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) in August 2016?
- Which state launched the Quit India Movement 2 against various social ills, at the Platinum Jubilee anniversary of the Quit India Movement on August 9, 2016?
- Which of the following has become the last state in Northeastern India to come under the jurisdiction of Imphal Central Agriculture University (CAU)?
- Which state's Assembly became the first to ratify the Goods and Services Tax (GST)?
(c) Madhya Pradesh
- What is the judge to population ratio in India according to the data put out by the Law Ministry in public domain recently?
(b) 18 .
- Parliament has passed the Institutes of Technology (Amendment) Bill in August 2016 to set up six new Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs). The six locations do not include:
- Parliament has passed the National Institutes of Technology, Science Education and Research
(Amendment), Bill, 2016. The Bill refers to NIT in:
(a) Andhra Pradesh
(b) Tamil Nadu
- The Enforcement of Security Interest and Recovery of Debts Laws and Miscellaneous Provisions (Amendment) Bill, 2016 was passed by the Lok Sabha in August 2016. The Bill seeks to amend which of the following?
(a) Securitisation and Reconstruction of Financial Assets and Enforcement of Security Interest Act, 2002
(b) Recovery of Debts due to Banks and Financial Institutions Act, 1993
(c) Indian Stamp Act, 1899
(d) All the above
- Parliament passed the Benami Transactions (Prohibition) Amendment Bill with Rajya Sabha cleared it in August 2016. The amended legislation has provision of maximum imprisonment of what duration?
(a) 3 years
(b) 5 years
(c) 7 years
(d) 9 years
- Railways launched 3-minute song Rail Geet recently. The song has been composed by who among the following?
(a) Prit am
- Which state government's notification granting 10 percent reservation for the economically backward classes (EBCs) was quashed by High Court as unconstitutional?
- What is the maximum penalty for offences under the Child Labour (Prohibition and Regulation) Amendment Bill passed by the Parliament recently?
- The Child Labour (Prohibition and Regulation) Amendment Bill, 2016 was passed by the Parliament in July 2016. Child labour in India was governed by the Child Labour (Prohibition and Regulation) Act
- Parliament passed the Lokpal and Lokayukta Amendment Bill 2016 in July 2016. Non-Governmental Organisations (NGO) receiving annual foreign funds of more than what amount come under its purview?
(a) 10 lakh
(b) 50 lakh
(c) 1 crore
(d) 2 crore
- According to the census data released on July 25, 2016, which state had the highest share of Parsi population in 2011?
(d) Uttar Pradesh
- The Department of ,Science and Technology (DST) has decided to rename INSPIRE (Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research) as MANAK 'M' stands for :
- CAMPA is Compensatory Afforestation Management and Planning Authority .
- The country's first Green Train Corridor was inaugurated in which state in July 2016?
(b) Tamil Nadu
(d) West Bengal
- Which of the following has manufactured world's first anti-dengue vaccine called Dengvaxia?
- Which of the following signed MoU with Thiruvananthapuram-based Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences & Technology in August 2016 to develop 'Deep Brain Stimulator' (DBS)?
(a) Defence Research and Development Organization
(b) Bhabha Atomic Research Centre
(c) Tata Institute of Fundamental Research
(d) Nuclear Corporation of India Limited
- The country's first repository on which animal was inaugurated at the Wildlife Institute of India (WII) in Dehradun in August 2016?
- NASA has sent Cassini spacecraft to probe which planet?
- The country's first C- band Doppler weather radar in South India was commissioned in which state in August 2016?
(a) Andhra Pradesh
- DRDO organised an exclusive exhibition in the Parliarrient premises to showcase various defence & technology products developed indigenously in India. Which of the following is not matched correctly?
(a) AEW&C - Airborne Early Warning and Control System
(b) WHAP - Wheeled Armoured Platform
(c) LORDS - Laser Ordnance Defence System
(d) MARS - Mobile Automatic Robotic System
- Aircraft carrier INS Viraat is slated to be decommissioned by the end of 2016. Which will be the only functional aircraft carrier of the Indian Navy when INS Viraat is decommissioned?
(a) INS Arihant
(b) INS Vikrant
(c) INS Vikram
(d) INS Vikramaditya
- Military Exercise MAITREE, concluded on July 29, 2016, was a joint initiative of India and:
- Three indigenously-developed 155, mm artillery guns have been handed over to the Indian Army by the Jabalpur-based Gun Carriage Factory (GCF). The guns have been named :
- What is the range of BrahMos Supersonic Cruise Missile?
(a) 300 km
(b) 290 km
(c) 5000 km
(d) 3500 km