- Which of the following is an objective of the National Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) Policy approved by the Union Cabinet in May 2016?
(a) Free use of IPRs in government's social welfare initiatives
(b) Faster clearance of patent applications
(c) Improving tax compliance
(d) Raising revenues
(e) Promotion of generic medicines
- Which state has decided to remodel its PPP-based public distribution scheme Annapurna Bhandar with a new brand `Sabse Achcha Sabse Sasta'?
(c) Uttar Pradesh
- The Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (IRNSS) comprises a constellation of how many satellites?
- Which state has decided to implement caste based reservation policy in contractual jobs in government and its undertakings from May 2016?
(a) M. P.
(c) U. P.
- Union MSME Minister Kalraj Mishra inaugurated the Harmukh Khadi Gram Udyog Sansthan in which state capital on May 8, 2016?
- A bill to upgrade the Rajendra Agricultural University (RAU) into a central university was passed in May 2016. It is in which state?
(a) Goa Bihar
(e) Himachal Pradesh
- President Pranab Mukherjee inaugurated the newly constructed Khongjom War Monument in which state on April 23, 2016?
- Which of the following universities has decided to introduce "Dr. Bindeshwar Pathak Chair" to provide education in the field of Sanitation and Social reforms?
(a) Delhi University
(b) Jadavpur University
(c) Presidency University
(d)Banaras Hindu University
(e) Jawaharlal Nehru University
- The Central Government is working on a pilot programme to involve retired teachers and retired government officials to volunteer for co-scholastic activities in schools. What is this programme called?
- An amphibious exercise 'Jai Prahar' that saw participation of all three wings of the armed forces was organised in March-April 2016 in the :
(a) Andaman and Nicobar
(b) Dadra and Nagar Haveli
(c) Daman and Diu
- The Indian Navy replaced which of the following fighter plane with MiG 29K?
(b) Sea Harriers
(c) Sea Hawk
(d) Black Panther
(e) Short Sealand
- Kendriya Vidyalayas across the country will now include in their curriculum an education programme designed to teach children to be kind to animals. What is this programme called?
(a) Kind Citizen
(b) Humane Citizen
(c) Empathetic Citizen
(d) Benevolent Citizen
(e) Compassionate Citizen
- Which of the following is the military training exercise held by Pivot Corps in Churu district and Suratgarh in Rajasthan in April?
(a) Exercise Sudarshan
(b) Exercise Prasthan—II
(c) Exercise Chakravyuh—II
(d) Exercise Vijeta—II
(e) Exercise Prarambh—II
- Gujarat government issued an ordinance providing 10 per cent reservation for the economically backward among upper castes on May 1, 2016. What is the annual family income ceiling?
(a) 2 lalch
(b) 5 lakh
(c) 6 lakh
(d) 7 lakh
(e) 10 lakh
- According to a World Health Organisation (WHO) report in May 2016, India is home to four of the five cities in the world with the worst air pollution. Which of the following is not among them?
- Which exercise was conducted by the Indian Coast Guard near Mumbai in May 2016? It focussed on Mass Rescue Operation (MRO) post an aircraft accident.
- ICGS Shourya, built by Goa Shipyard, was inducted in the Indian Coast Guard in May 2016. It is a/an
(d) Interceptor Boat
(e) Offshore Patrol Vessel
- In which state was the Sajibu Cheiraoba New Year observed in April 2016?
(e) West Bengal
- Which state's Chief Minister laid the foundation stone for a 'Kisan Vikas Chamber' on the pattern of industry outfits like CII, FICCI and ASSOCHAM on April 30?
- Which state received the "Best Indian Destination for Wildlife" award given by the Lonely Planet Group recently?
(a) M. P.
(c) U. P.
- India's first public-private-partnership (PO) agreement for research and innovation in preventive health between ICMR and Sun Pharma was announced in April 2016. It is for elimination of which disease?
- The 22nd Coordinated Patrol (CORPAT) between India and which nation was organised in the Andaman Sea from April 19 to 27, 2016?
(c) The Philippines
- India and France have launched a programme with $1 trillion potential to help developing countries harness resources for which form of renewable energy?
- Which of the following IRNSS satellites was launched on April 28, 2016?
- Parkash Singh committee, headed by former UP DGP Parkash Singh, submitted its report in May 2016 on reservation agitation in which state?