- IRCTC's Tiger Express was flagged off on World -Environment Day in June for tour to Bandhavgarh and Kanha tiger reserves. The train started its journey from which railway station in Delhi?
(a) New Delhi railway station
(b) Safdarjung railway station
(c) Sarai Rohilla railway station
(d) Anand Vihar railway station
(e) Hazrat Nizamuddin railway station
- Which state capital became the first in the country to have its own City Animal in June 2016? It has selected Gangetic River Dolphin.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi released the National Disaster Management Plan (NDMP) on June 1, 2016. It is based on the four priority themes of which of the fpllowing?
(a) Berlin Framework
(b) Harbin Framework
(c) Sendai Framework
(d) Kyoto Framework
(e) Rabat Framework
- What is India's rank in the Global Peace Index of 163 countries produced by the Sydney-based Institute for Economics and Peace (IEP) in June 2015?
- Which of the following is the Mobile App that connects consumers of solar technology products and the personnel trained in their servicing and maintenance? It was launched by Power Minister Piyush Goyal in June 2016.
(a) Surya Yuva
(b) Surya Mitra
(c) Surya Bandhu
(d) Surya Sewak
(e) Surya Sarathi
- Environment Ministry has declared Rhesus Macaque monkeys in which state as "vermin" for a period of one year in May 2016? This will allow for their culling to control their population.
(c) Himachal Pradesh
(e) Uttar Pradesh
- The government increased the retirement age of doctors serving in the Central Health Service to in May 2016.
(a) 63 years
(b) 64 years
(a) 65 years
(b) 66 years
(a) 67 years
- Hyderabad-based International Crop Research Institute for the Semi-Arid and Tropics (ICRISAT) announced the complete DNA sequencing of which crop in June 23016?
- J.P. Nadda, Union Minister of Health & Family Welfare, announced inclusion of four new vaccines to the Mission
Indradhanush programe. Which of the following is not included in this group?
(b) Measles Rubella
(c) Inactivated polio vaccine
(d) Swine Flu
(e) Japanese Encephalitis for adults
- India joined the Code of Conduct against Ballistic Missile Proliferation in June 2016. What is the code known as?
(a) Lyon Code of Conduct
(b) Hague Code of Conduct
(c) Prague Code of Conduct
(d) Zurich Code of Conduct
(e) Bucharest Code of Conduct
- The government has ordered complete sealing of Assam's border with Bangladesh by June 2017. How much of the 4,096 km Indo-Bangladesh border falls in Assam?
(a) 84 km
(b) 284 km
(c) 484 km
(d) 684 km
(e) 1024 km
- ISRO successful tested its Reusable Launch Vehicle-Technology Demonstrator (RLV-T(d) on May 23, 2016. It was launched from:
(e) A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Island
- India's indigenous basic trainer aircraft, Hindustan Turbo Trainer-40 (HTT-40), made its inaugural flight in Bengaluru on June 17, 2016. Which of the following had delivered 75 trainer aircrafts to the IAF in 2012-15?
- Which state claimed to have become the first to have launched an open government data portal in June 2016? On the open government data portal, the data produced or commissioned by the government or government controlled entities can be freely used, reused and redistributed by anyone.
- Which of the following is the programme launched by Union HRD Ministry to enable volunteers to offer their services for co-scholastic activities for children from class Ito VIII?
- Improvements in which of the following is not among the objectives of the centre's 'Smart City' Mission to develop 100 cities at a cost of Rs.48000 crores?
(a) Power supply
(d) Public transportation
- The government launched a software for real time monitoring of nutrition services at its Anganwadi Centers (AWCs) in May 2015. It has been developed by:
(a) Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
(b) Infosys Foundation
(c) Bloomberg Philanthropies
(d) Vedanta Foundation
(e) Google Foundation
- Which state received the first batch of 20 NIRBHAYA buses launched by the Ministry of Road Transport & Highways in May 2016?
- Hindi version of Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities was renamed as which of the following recently?
(a) Sabaljan Sashaktikaran Vibhag
(b) Prathamjan Sashaktikaran Vibhag
(c) Samarthjan Sashaktikaran Vibhag
(d) Bharatiyajan Sashaktikaran Vibhag
(e) Divyangjan Sashaktikaran Vibhag
- Which of the following sailed from Goa with an all-women crew of the Navy for a voyage to Port Louis, Mauritius on May 24, 2016?
(a) INSV Krishna
(b) INSV Godavari
(c) INSV Mhadei
(d) INSV Narmada
(e) INSV Teesta
- Which of the following is the India-UAE bilateral air force exercise organised at Al-Dhafra Air Base in May-June 2016?
(a) Desert Hawk
(b) Desert Falcon
(c) Desert Vulture
(d) Desert Eagle
(e) Desert Kite
- What is the foodgrain production target for 2016-17 announced by Union Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Minister Radha Mohan Singh on May 25. 2016?
(a) 250.10 million tonnes
(b) 260.10 million tonnes
(c) 260.10 million tonnes
(d) 270.10 million tonnes
(e) 280.10 million tonnes
- Krishi Kalyan Cess will be levied On all taxable services from June 1, 2016. What is the Cess?
- Power Ministry launched India's first web portal to promote energy-efficient Net Zero Energy Buildings (NZE(b) in May 2016. This has been done in assistance with which of the following?
(a) World Bank
(b) Department for International Development
(c) International Energy Agency
(d) Henry Ford Foundation
(e) United States Agency for International Development
- Which of the following revealed the presence of cancer-causing potassium bromate and potassium iodate as additives in bread and bakery samples collected from Delhi in May 2016?
(a) Tata Institute of Fundamental Research
(b) Centre for Science and Environment
(c) Food Safety and Standards Authority of India
(d) Indian Medical Association
(e) Central Food Technological Research Institute