- The Centre has given its 'in-principle' approval to set up the country's 13th Major Port in which state?
(a) Andhra Pradesh
(b) Tamil Nadu
- which of the following has become the first state in the country to introduce minimum wages for part time workers?
- Which state claimed to have started the country's first Commercial Dispute Resolution Center and Commercial Court?
- The Kaladan Multimodal Transit Transport Project is a joint initiative of India and which neighbouring country?
- Which state capital hosted the second BRICS Youth Summit in July 2016?
- which of the following has become the first state in the country to set up 'Happiness Department'?
(d) Madhya Pradesh
- Which state has launched an online facility to enable people to rate the police stations on a scale 1 to 5 points after providing personal details?
- Centenary celebrations of which of the following concluded in June 2016?
(a) Archaeological Survey of India
(b) Zoological Survey of India
(c) Geological Survey of India
(d) National Archives of India
- The Union Cabinet has approved the implementation of the recommendations of 7th Central Pay Commission for central government employees and pensioners. The minimum monthly pay has been increased to:
(a) Rs. 12,000
(b) Rs. 14,000
(c) Rs. 16,000
(d) Rs. 18,000
- Which of the following has rated Gujarat and Delhi as India's most investment-friendly States/UTs in its State Investment Potential Index unveiled recently?
- What is India's rank in the World Bank Logistics Performance Index (LPI) 2016?
- Which of the following has supplied the fastest train to run in India which clocked a speed of 180 km/h in a trial conducted by Railways on July 13, 2016.
- Which state has announced the setting up of the country's first industrial park exclusively for women entrepreneurs?
- Which airport saw the unveiling of world's largest charkha (spinning wheel) recently?
(a) Bengaluru International Airport
(b) Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, Hyderabad
(c) Indira Gandhi International Airport, New Delhi
(d) Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, Mumbai
- President Pranab Mukherjee inaugurated a smart model village pilot project at the Rashtrapati Bhavan recently. The five villages covered under this project belong to which state/union territory?
(d) Uttar Pradesh
- The Centre has set up a committee to examine the "desirability and feasibility" of having a new financial year, replacing the existing April—March period. The committee is headed by:
(a) K M Chandrasekhar
(b) Shankar Acharya
(c) Rakesh Mohan
(d) Rajiv Kumar
- The National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme has been approved by the Union Cabinet. The objective is to encourage employers to hire apprentices. How much of the total stipend payable to an apprentice would be paid by the government?
- Which of the following has become India's first port to implement logistics data tagging of containers to track cargo?
(d) New Mangalore
- Uniform Civil Code comes under which article of the Indian Constitution?
(a) Article 3
(b) Article 7
(c) Article 11
(d) Article 44
- What is India's rank on the Human Capital Index of 130 countries launched by Geneva-based World Economic Forum (WEF)?
- The Union Agriculture Ministry has launched CMRS (Crop Manager for Rice-based Systems) app for farmers in which state?
- India's first island district was announced in which state?
(b) West Bengal
(c) Tamil Nadu
- The HRD Ministry has announced new UGC regulations for collaboration of Indian Educational Institutions (IEIs) with foreign academic institutions (FEIs). Which of the following statements is not correct?
(a) IEIs and FEIs can award joint degrees
(b) Collaboration permitted for bothgraduate and undergraduate courses
(c) Name of the collaborating FEI can be indicated on the degree
(d) All the above
- The draft National Forest Policy 2016, prepared by Indian Institute of Forest Managerrfent (IIFM), was unveiled by the Environment Ministry recently. It seeks to replace the National Forest Policy of
- Human Resource Development Ministry has decided to setup a `Yoga Department' in the six Central Universities in 2016. Which of the following is included?
(d) Madhya Pradesh
- On which river was the exercise `MEGH PRAHAR' conducted by Mathura-based Strike 1 division of the Army in July 2016?
- The first batch of Light Conibat Aircraft Tejas was inducted into which of the following squadrons of the Indian Air Force (IAF)?
(a) Black Panthers
(b) Flying Daggers
(d) Black Archers
- What is the indigenously developed heavyweight torpedo inducted in the Indian Navy named?
- The Water Jet Fast Attack Craft (WJFAC). named Tarasa, was inducted into the Indian Navy recently. It has been named after which of the following?
- The first carriage flight of which aircraft with BrahMos missile was successfully undertaken recently?