- Which planet's transit of the Sun Was observed on May 9, 2016? It is a rare astronomical phenomenon that occurs only 13 times in a century.
- The 'Priority Watch List' of the US government comprises countries that are seen as not taking sufficient action against:
(a) Proliferation of nuclear weapon technologies and materials
(b) Money laundering and tax evasion
(c) Violation of intellectual property rights
(d) Religious extremism and human rights violations
(e) Illegal immigration and poorly enforced labour laws
- What is the joint military exercise between India and Mongolia organised in April-May 2016 named?
(a) Black Swan
(b) Peninsular Drill
(c) Austere BChallenge
(d) Cormorant Strike
(e) Nomadic Elephant
- The Heart of Asia (HoA) Conference was held in New Delhi on April 26, 2016. Which of the following countries was its focus?
(a) Sri Lanka
(d) North Korea
- Which of the following South American nations was in news in April 2016 for announcement of a two-day work week for public sector workers as a temporary measure to help it overcome a serious energy crisis?
- According to a World Health Organisation (WHO) report in May 2016, which city in Iran is the world's , worst in terms of air pollution measured by particulate matter (in micrograms) in every cubic metre of air?
- The Czech government has approved a plan to use "Czechia" as one-word verstan;of the country's name alongside the official Czech Republic. Who," among the following is the Yresident?
(b) Mirek TopOlanek
(c) Bohuslav Sobotka
(d) Milos Zeman
(e) Jan Fischer
- Which African nation has decided to close down; world's biggest refugee camp housing Somali migrants at Dadaab?
(a) South Africa
- President Pranab Mukherjee went on a two-day official visit to Papua New Guinea in April 201,6. What is the capital?
(a) Port Louis
(b) Port Moresby
(c) Port Vila
- United Nations lifted the sanction put on Indian flag tanker MT Distya Ameya owned by Mumbai's Arya Shipping in May 2016. It was blacklisted for picking up consignment of crude oil from:
(e) Sierra Leone