- The Permanent Court of Arbitration (PCA) in The Hague ruled recently that China has no historical title over the waters of the South China Sea (SCS). The PCA charged China with breaching the sovereign rights of which country?
- Zuojiang Huashan rock art cultural landscape was inscribed on its World Heritage List by UNESCO recently. It is in which country?
(d) South Korea
- Which of the following hosted the Meeting of Labour and Employment Ministers of G20 countries 2016?
- What is the Upper House of Parliament in Japan called?
(b) House of Elders
(c) National Council
(d) House of Councillors
- The John Chilcot report in United Kingdom was in news recently. It is about which issue?
(a) London Olympics 2012
(b) Exit from EU
(c) Black money
(d) Invasion of Iraq
- Which country was at the top in terms of the money held by its citizens with banks in Switzerland, as per data released by the Swiss National Bank recently?
(a) United Kingdom
(c) United States
- What is the currency of Kenya?
(a) Kenyan shilling
(b) Kenyan dollar
(c) Kenyan kwanza
(d) Kenyan rand
- The United Nations has 193 members. South Sudan joined as member............... in July 2011.
- What was the theme of the 11th Asia-Europe Meeting Summit (ASEM), held in Mongolian capital Ulaanbaatar?
(a) Partnership for the Future through Cooperation
(b) Partnership for the Future through Continuity
(c) Partnership for the Future through Communication
(d) Partnership for the Future through Connectivity
- The United States has decided to set up THAAD anti-ballistic missile defence system on the Korean peninsula to counter threats from North Korea. THAAD stands for ...................High Altitude Area Defence.
- NASA's spacecraft Juno was in news in July 2016 for entering orbit of which planet?
- Which of the following is the world's fastest supercomputer in the Top500 list, released at the
Conference in Germany?
(c) Hazel Hen
(d) Sunway TaihuLight
- Which of the following has launched the Project Premonition initiative against mosquito-borne
illnesses like dengue and Zika in India?