Gravitation – Science – (NCERT Solutions for Class 9)
- State the Universal law gravitation?
- Write the formula to find the magnitude of the gravitational force between the earth and an object on the surface of the earth.
Page – 136
- What do you mean by free fall?
- What do you mean by acceleration due to gravity?
Page – 138
- Question 1 what are the differences between mass of an object and its weight?
- Why is the weight of an object on the moon (1/6)th its weight on the earth?
Page – 141
- Why is it difficult to hold a school bag having a strap made of a thin and strong string?
- What do you mean by buoyancy?
- Why does an object float or sink when placed on the surface of water?
Page – 142
- You find your mass to be 42 Kg on a weighting machine. Is your more or less than 42 K?
- You have a bag of cotton and an iron bar, each indicating a mass of 100 Kg when measured on a weighing machine. In reality one is heavier than other. Can you say which one is heavier and why?