GENERAL STUDIES ( SSC CABINET SECRETARIAT RO(ECO), DFO (T) & DFO (GD) TIER-I EXAM, 23-06-2013 - Previous Year Paper )
- The headquarters of RBI is in ................
- Which one of the following is not included in the foreign-exchange reserves of India ?
(1) Foreign-currency assets held by the RBI
(2) Gold holding of the RBI
(3) Silver holding of the RBI
- The number of workers who would offer themselves for employment at different wage rates is known as
(1) Labour Market
(2) Demand for Labour
(3) Supply of Labour
(4) Surplus Labourers
- Which one of the following is not a factor of production ?
- As income increases the demand for inferior goods
(2) remains constant
- Quo-warranto means
(1) without authority
(2) with what authority
(3) a warrant
- The Government of India Act of 1935 was the outcome of
(1) 'First Round Table Conference'
(2) 'Second Round Table Conference"
(3) 'Third Round Table Conference'
(4) 'Communal Award'
- The Lokayukta and Upalokayukta Act was first passed in
(2) West Bengal
- Who said, "Socialism is like a hat that has lost its shape because everybody wears it" ?
(1) C.E.M. Joad
(2) Karl Marx
(3) V.I. Lenin
(4) H.J. Laski
- Who supported the principle of "survival of the fittest"?
(1) The Utilitarians
(2) The Socialists
(3) The Individualists
(4) The Fascists
- One of the most controversial projects of Muhammad-binTughlaq was
(1) Market Control
(2) Iqta System
(3) friendship with the Mongols
(4) introduction of token currency
- Nishka, a type of coin was used during.............period.
- The King who called himself Devanampriya and 'Priyadarshi' was
- Sher Shah became the Emperor of Delhi after defeating Humayun in the battle of
- Who among the following Bhakti saints has been regarded by his follower as an incarnation of Vishnu ?
- Which one of the following is not a Biosphere Reserve ?
(1) Gulf of Mannar
- Where is the Coral Sea located ?
(1) Eastern part of Carribean Sea
(2) North-Eastern part of Australia
(3) Western part of Europe
(4) Western part of North America
- The capacity of rock to allow water to pass through is called
- Which of the following is called the Land of Ten Thousand Lakes ?
(2) Minnesota (USA)
- The region best known for the production of grapes is
- The term 'ecology' was coined by
- Which one of the virus was crystallized for the first time?
(1) Parrot fever virus
(2) Smallpox virus
- Tortoise lives usually for
(1) 40 years
(2) 100 years
(3) 200 years
(4) 400 years
- A dead and protective animal structure is
(2) Nails and claws
(3) Skin surface
(4) All the above
- Urobiology deals with
(1) preservation of dead animals
(2) urinary system
(3) genital system
(4) urino-genital system
- Scanning Electron Microscope produces images, which are
(1) big and sharp
(3) three dimensional
(4) cytological details
- When sound travels from air to water the quantity that remains unchanged is
- A leaf appears green in daylight. When seen in red light it appears to be
- Which of the following properties shows that light is a transverse wave ?
- The subject of Data warehousing is related to ...........
- The shifting of a program from one of the memory addresses to another is
(1) Data transmission
(2) Data collection
- Which of the following is not a valid network topology ?
(1) Star topology
(2) Ring topology
(3) Bus topology
(4) Grid topology
- An aerosol is a colloidal system of a
(1) liquid dispersed in a liquid
(2) liquid dispersed in a solid
(3) gas dispersed in a liquid
(4) solid dispersed in a gas
- Food cans are coated with Tin and not Zinc because
(1) Zinc is costlier than Tin.
(2) Zinc has a higher melting point than Tin.
(3) Zinc is more reactive than Tin.
(4) Zinc is less reactive than Tin.
- Ari antigen develops antibodies. The antibodies which protect the body from their harmful effects are
- Peptide bond is a key feature in
(4) Nucleic acids
- The theme for 2012 World Environment Day was
(1) Green Buildings
(2) Green Pesticides
(3) Evergreen Revolution
(4) Green Economy
- Hygrometer is used for measuring the
(1) relative humidity
(2) discharge rate of water
(3) tidal waves
(4) speed of water run-off
- Biogas produced by the fermentation of animal dung, human sewage or crop residues in an airtight container is rich in
(4) Carbon dioxide
- Iran earthquake having epicentre of 7.8 magnitude rattled Delhi on 16th April 2013. However, more human casualties were reported from
(4) North-Eastern India
- Rex-Bionics - a New Zealand based firm has developed robotic legs to
(1) walk and talk up to hrs.
(2) walk and stand for rest
(3) walk and sit for rest
(4) walk, stand, turn and climb
- Ardha Satya - a Hindi film was directed by
(1) Govind Nihlani
(2) Nandita Das
(3) Guru Dutt
(4) Satyajit Ray
- The "3-State Red Corridor" a safe passage is known for the activity of Maoist's. These States are
(1) Chhattisgarh, Odisha and Jharkhand
(2) Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand and Madhya Pradesh
(3) Chhattisgarh, Bihar and Uttar Pradesh
(4) Chhattisgarh, West Bengal and Bihar
- Shamshad Begum one of the first playback singers in Hindi film industry died at the age of
(1) 74 years
(2) 84 years
(3) 94 years
(4) 104 years
- A normal medium sized washing machine used in household use electricity:
(1) 500 Watts
(2) 600 Watts
(3) 800 Watts
(4) 1000 Watts
- Sextant is used to measure
(1) weight of an object
(2) height of an object
(3) length of an object
(4) efficiency of sex diagnosis
- DBT as coined by Government recently stands for
(1) Department of Biotechnology
(2) Database on Bengal Tigers
(3) Direct Benefit Transfer
(4) Development of Biofuel Technologies
- Ricinin is a deadly poison to the human being and has no known antidote so far. It is found in
(1) Pea nut
(2) Castor bean
(3) Datura seed
(4) Sorghum shoot
- High blood pressure can be managed by eating fishes like Herring, Mackerels and Solomon which are rich in
(1) Good cholesterol
(2) Sodium salt
(3) Potassium salt
- Which one of the following is not correctly matched ?
(1) Line of Actual Control (LAC) — China-India
(2) Line of Control (LOC) — Pakistan- India
(3) Ancient Trade Route (ATR) — Ladakh- Yarkand
(4) Indus Water Treaty (IWT) — India- Bangladesh