GENERAL AWERENESS (IBPS BANK CLERK CWE Exam, 04-12-2011(East zone : 1st Sitting) – Previous Year Paper)
- Which of the following Awards is given for excellence in the field of Literature ?
(1) Dada Saheb Phalke Award
(2) Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award
(3) Padma Bhushan
(4)Nirja Bhanot Award
(5) Pulitzer Prize
- Ms. Nina Rabbani Khar of PakiStan and Mr. Yang Jiechi of China held a meeting recently in- Beijing. Both of them arc holding which of the following positions in their respective countries ‘?
(1) Prime Ministers
(2) Commerce Ministers
(3) Foreign Secretaries
(4) Foreign Ministers
(5) None of these
- International Cricket Matches are NOT played in–
(1) Mohali Stadium
(2) Wankhede Stadium
(3) Eden Gardens
(4) Green Park Stadium
(5) Mughal Garden
- Which term is used in Physics ?
(2) Absolute Zero
- Which 01 the following terms is used in the game of Chess ?
- Bank branches which can on dertake Iiireign exchange business directly arc known as in foreign exchange.
(1) Authorized dealers
(2) Foreign dealers
(3) Overseas branches
(4) Approved dealers
(5) Exchange branches
- Which of the following is the name of a Scientific Instrument ?
(5) Adrenal Cortex
- India recently conducted joint naval exercise SLINEX II with which of the following countries ?
(1) Sri Lanka
- Insurance cover for bank deposits in our country is provided by-
(2) Government of india
- The Financial Literacy does not include which of the following ?
(I) How to invest the funds
(2) How to use the limited funds carefully
(3) How to minimize the risks
(4) How to reinvest the money earned
(5) None of these
- Which of the following countries is NOT a permanent member of the UN Security Council ?
(5) U. S. A.
- Many times we read a term DoT in various newspapers in connection of 2G Spectrum. What is its full form ?
(1) Department of Transport
(2) Department of Training
(3) Directorate of Technology
(4) Director of Tele services
(5) Department of Telecom
- As per the reports by the U.S. Agencies, which of the following countries was the largest purchaser of weapons in 2010?
(4) Sri Lanka
- Who among the following players got Honorary Rank of Lt. Colonel in the Territorial Army of India ?
(1) Rahul Dravid
(2) Sachin Tendulkar
(3) Abhinav Bindra
(4) Leander Paes
(5) Gagan Narang
- Which of the following Social Welfare Schemes is launched by the Government of India ?
(1) Mid-day Meal scheme
(2) Jeevan ASha
(4) Look East Policy
(5) Bharat Nirman
- Dinar’ is the currency of which of the following countries ?
(4) South Sudan
- Who among the following also presides the sessions of the Rajya Sabha as its Chairman / person ?
(2) Vice President
(3) Prime Minister
(4) Leader of Opposition in the Rajya Sabha
(5) Minister of Home Affairs
- Loans of very small amounts given to low income groups is called
( 1) Cash credit
(2) Micro credit
(3) Simple overdraft
(4) No frills loans
(5) Rural credit
- Which of the following awards was given to Mrs. Nilima Mishra recently ?
(1) Pulitzer Prize
(2) Ramon Magsaysay
(3) Nobel Peace Prize
(4) Golden Pen Award
(5) Kalinga Award
- Which of the following is the name of the currency of a country ?
- Which of the following is NOT the name of a country ?
(5) East Tilnor
- Mr. Mahinda Rajapaksa is the
(1) President of Sri Lanka
(2) Prime Minister of Sri Lai; ka
(3) President of Nepal
(4) Prime Minister of Nepal
(5) Foreign Minister of Fiji
- When a banker talks about CDR, what is he talking about ?
(I) Corporate Debt Rest met lir in
(2) Corporate Debt Rollover
(3) Company Debt Rollover
(4) Corporate Deposit Restructuring
(5) Company Deposit Re structuring
- Expand the term ALM as used in Banking/Finance sector.
(1) Asset Liability Management
(2) Asset Liability Maturity
(3) Asset Liability Mismatch
(4) Asset Liability Manpower
(5) Asset Liability Maintenance
- Which of the following is thc overall female literacy rate in India as per recent ecri-sns!. Approximately —
- Cash Reserve Ratio (CRR) and Statutory Liquidity Ratio (SLR) are terms most closely related to which of the following industries/markets ?
(I) Capital Market
(2) Banking industry
(3) Commodities market
(4) Money Market
(5) Mutual fund industry
- What is the maximum period for which domestic term deposits are normally accepted by banks in our country ?
(1) 3 years
(2) 5 years
(3) 7 years
(4) 10 years
(5) 12 years
- If you wish to purchase some U.S. Dollars for your travel abroad, you should ap-proach—
()) The Ministry of Finance
(2) The U.S. Embassy
(3) Any Bank Branch authorised to do such activity
(4) The Reserve Bank of India only
(5) External Affairs Ministry
- Which of the following is a mineral ?
- Which of the following countries is passing through a peculiar political impasse as there is no constitutional government in the country ?
- Which of the following hooks is written by Sruiil Gavaskar ?
(1) A Brief I lislory of Time
(2) A Sense of Time
(3) Sunny Days
(4) Half A Life
(5) Great Expectations
- What does the letter ‘L’ stands for in the term LAF commonly used in financial/economic news ?
- The Banking Ombudsman .- –
(1) is in charge of bank loans for buses
(2) fixes the rates of interest for loans
(3) resolves complaints of customers
(4) issues licences for new bank branches
(5) is the head of all nationalised banks
- Which of the following is not classified as a commercial bank ?
(1) Public sector bank
(2) Foreign bank
(3) Private sector hank
(4) Regional rural bank
(5) Urban cooperative bank
- Which of the following is not the name of a Banking Organisation ?
- Which of the following terms is used in Sports/Games ?
(4) Neap Tide
- Money laundering means –
(1) Hiding of income source mainly to avoid Income Tax
(2) Money acquired through criminal source
(3) Money acquired from undisclosed sources and deposited in foreign banks
(4) Process of conversion of money obtained illegally to appear to have originated from legitimate sources
(5) Money acquired from drug trafficking
- Monetary Policy as an arm of the economic policy is administered by —
(1) Government of India
(2) Reserve Bank of India
(3) State Bank of India
(4) Governments of the respec tive states
(5) None of these
- ” rhumba’ India’s Rocket Launching Centre is located in –
(3) Tamil Nadu
- Which of the following is not a primary function of a Bank?
(1) Granting Loans
(2) Collecting Cheques/ Drafts ts of customers
(3) Facilitating import of goods
(4) Issuing Bank Drafts
(5) Selling Gold/Silver Coins
- Mr. Tony Tan is the new President
(4) Hong Kong
(5) North Korea
- Which of the following is observed as ‘World Food Day’ ?
(1) 6th November
(2) 16th November
(3) 6th October
(4) 16th October
(5) 17th January
- Which of the following States is among the North East States of India?
(1) Jammu & Kashmir
(3) Himachal Pradesh
- Whtch of the following is agricultural product?
- Which of the following repre. sents correct meaning of ‘REPO RATE’ ?
(1) Rate on which RBI sells Government Securities to Banks
(2) Rate for borrowing rupees by banks from RBI
(3) Rate offered by banks to their prime customers
(4) Rate applicable for grant of priority sector loans
(5) None of these
- Reserves which can act as a liquidity buffer for commercial banks during crisis times are
(3) CAR and CRR
(4) CRR and SLR
- Savings bank accounts are opened by–
(1) Trading entities, manufacturing entities and individuals for savings purposes
(2) Traders and manufacturers for business purposes
(3) Individuals for savings purposes
(4) Limited companies and partnerships for savings purposes
(5) Cooperative banks for savings
- Union Budget is always presented in the month of—
- A customer drawing a cheque on a bank has a right to –
(1) Take back the cheque from the bank after it is paid
(2) Take back the cheque from the bank alter it is paid with the permission of RBI
(3) Stop payment of the cheque before it is paid
(4) Stop payment of the cheque after it is paid
(5) Stop payment of the cheque before it is issued
- Who among the following is a well known politician and also a member of the Lok Sabha ?
(1) Sri L. K.Advani
(2) Sri Ranjan Mathai
(3) Sri Mahesh Bhupathi.
(4) Ms. Saina Nehwal
(5) V. V. S. Laxman