- Gross Domestic Product is the monetary value of
(1) stock of goods and services.
(2) all final goods and servics produced in a year
(3) goods produced for the market only
(4) goods produced for the market and for self consumption
- Which one of the following market structures has a kinked demand curve?
(1) Perfect competition
(4) Monopolistic competition
- Which of the following pairs is not correct?
(1) I Plan - (1951 - 1956)
(2) III Plan - (1966 - 1971)
(3) XI Plan - (2007 - 2012)
(4) VI Plan - (1980 - 1985)
- Which of the following institutions deals with credit to Agriculture and Rural Development?
- As per the results of the 2011 Population Census, which of the following groups occupies the three top places in respect of literacy?
(1) Kerala, Goa, West Bengal
(2) Chandlgarh,Goa, Kerala
(3) Kerala, Lakshadweep, Mizoram
(4) Mizoram, Kerala, Tripura
- District Judges in a State are appointed by the
(1)Advocate-General of the State
(2) Council of Ministers of the State
(4) Chief Justice of High Court
- Who will head the Jury of the Awards Committees of Padma, Ratna and other highest honorary awards?
(1) President of India
(2) Vice-President of India
(3) Home Minister
(4) Prime Minister of India
- Most important responsibility of a Welfare State is
(1) to preserve private property
(2) to promote religion of the people
(3) to check exploitation
(4) to check encroachments on Fundamental Rights
- Which of the following statements are correct?
(a) Assam shares a border with Bangladesh and Bhutan.
(b) West Bengal shares a border with Bhutan and Nepal.
(c) Mizoram shares a border with Bangladesh and Myanmar.
(1) a, b, c
(2) a, b
(3) b, c
(4) a, c
- Arrange the following Presidents in chronological order as to who came first and who came later:
(a) Fakhruddin All Ahmed
(b) Zakir Hussain
(c) Justice Hidayatullah
(d) A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
(1) c, b, a, d
(2) b, c, a, d
(3) b, a, c, d
(4) b, c, d, a
- Which one of the following events are chronologically correct?
(1) Civil Disobedience Movement - Quit India Movement - The Cabinet Mission Plan
(2) The Cabinet Mission Plan - Civil Disobedience Movement - Quit India Movement
(3) Quit India Movement - Civil Disobedience Movement - The Cabinet Mission Plan
(4) Civil Disobedience Movement - The Cabinet Mission Plan - Quit India Movement
- Who founded the VikramasiIa University?
- Which of the following was not known during the Rigvedic period?
(1) Joint Family System
(3) Varna System (caste)
(4) Marriage System
- Match the following:
a. Pallavas 1. Dantidurg
b. Chalukyas 2. Vishnuvardhan
c. Rashtrakutas 3. Simhavishnu
d. Hoysalas 4. Pulakesin
- Abul Fazl wrote
- Which of the following is called the 'Crossroads of the Pacific' ?
- Which one of the following is an act of man that disturbs the ecological balance ?
(4) Social forestry
- Which one is not correctly matched?
(1) Longcoy - Russia
(2) Rhine - Germany
(3) Glasgow - Great Britain
(4) Pittsburg - U.S.A.
- How many States in India are coastal?
- International boundary between India and Pakistan is demarcatd by
(1) McMahon Line
(2) Durand Line
(3) Radcliffe Line
(4) Maginot Line
- Which one of the following is called the amphibian in plant kingdom?
- Find the odd one out.
(2) Guinea worm
- National Institute of Nutrition is a research institute located in the State of
(1) Andhra Pradesh
(2) Himachal Pradesh
(3) Madhya Pradesh
(4) Uttar Pradesh
- A tree's age can be found by
(1) measuring its height
(2) counting the number of annual rings
(3) counting the number of branches
(4) no means
- The left aortic arch is observed in
- Tendon connects
(1) Bone to bone
(2) Muscle to bone
(3) Bone to muscle
(4) Muscle to muscle
- Mercury is generally used in thermometers because it has a
(1) high fluidity
(2) high density
(3) high conductivity
(4) high specific heat
- To an observer on the lunar surface, during daytime, the sky will appear to be
(1) Light yellow
- Which of the following quantities is the measure of 'inertia' ?
- The intensity of a wave:
(I) follows inverse square law.
(II) is proportional to its amplitude.
(III) is proportional to the square of the amplitude.
(1) I and II are true
(2) II and III are true
(3) Only II is true
(4) I and III are true
- Which data communication method is used for sending data in both directions at the same time?
(I) Super duplex
(3) Half duplex
(4) Full duplex
- What does the acronym ISDN stand for?
(1) Indian Standard Digital Network
(2) Integrated Services Digital Network
(3) Intelligent Services Digital Network
(4) Integrated Service Data Network
- Darkening property of photo-chromatic glass is due to the presence of
(1) silver bromide
(2) silver oxide
(3) silver nitrate
(4) silver chloride
- Supersonic aircrafts discharge the following substance into the stratosphere:
- Chemical nature of laughing gas is
(1) Nitric oxide
(2) Hydrogen chloride
(3) Nitrous oxide
(4) Sulphur dioxide
- The difference between isotopes of an element is due to the presence of a different number of
- The increasing abudance of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere has led to the following effects except
(1) Global warming
(2) Depletion of ozone layer in the stratosphere
(3) Oxygen fertilisation effect
(4) Carbon dioxide fertilisation effect
- Which of the following fuels causes minimum environmental pollution?
- Minamata epidemic that caused several deaths in Japan in 1965 occurred due to pollution in water by
- Ozone affects human health by causing severe pulmonary edema at a concentration of-
(1) 0.2 ppm
(2) 0.3 ppm
(3) 3.0 ppm
(4) 9.0 ppm
- The first President to sail in a submarine in India was
(1) K. R Narayanan
(2) Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
(3) V.V. Girl
(4) N. Sanjeeva Reddy
- Cooking vessels have wooden or bakelite handles because
(1) wood,and bakelite are bad conductors of heat
(2) the handle must be strong
(3) the handle should be attractive
(4) None of the above
- "Desbhandhu" is the title of
(1) B.R Ambedkar
(2) C.R Das
(3) B.C. Pal
(4) Rabindranath Tagore
- Which one of the following pairs is incorrect ?
(1) Jeev Milkha Singh - Golf
(2) Irfan Pathan - Cricket
(3) Abhinav Bindra - Rifle Shooting
(4) Sania Mirza -Badminton
- In which of the following States, is the child-sex ratio the lowest as per the 2011 Census ?
- Kaziranga National Park is situated in
- Who is the author of the book If Cricket is Religion, Sachin is God' ?
(1) Vijai Santhanam
(2) Shyam Balasubramaniam
(3) Both (1) and (2)
(4) None of the above
- Which of the following statements is not correct about Sunder Lal Bahuguna?
(1) He is an eminent environmentalist
(2) He was awarded Padma Bhushan in 2009
(3) He started the 'Chipko Movement' to create awareness of deforestation
(4) He was elected to Lok Sabha from Uttarkashi in Uttarakhand
- The three countries, in serial order, who won the highest number of gold medals in the Beijing Olympics Games were
(1) China, USA, Russia
(2) China, USA, Germany
(3) China, Germany, Australia
(4) China, Germany, USA
- The first woman from India to be conferred the Sainthood by Pope Benedict XVI is
(1) Sister Desouza
(2) Sister Madorana
(3) Sister Alphonsa
(4) Sister Nirmala