GENERAL AWARENESS ( UNITED INDIA INSURANCE ASSISTANT EXAM, 30-08-2015 ) – Previous Year Paper
General Awareness || Computer Awareness
- Which Indian company is set to form a joint venture with Japan-based Organo Group for providing water treatment services in the industrial sector?
(1) Ecosphere Technology Ltd.
(2) ION Exchange Services
(3) Aquatecn Ltd.
(4) Murugappa Group Firm Polutech Ltd.
- Where is the headquarter of LIC of India located?
(1) New Delhi
- Which day has been recently announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi as National Handloom Day to mark the Swadeshi Movement?
(1) 8th April
(2) 2nd July
(3) 3rd June
(4) 1st May
(5) 7th August
- Which country will host the second edition meeting of the heads of 14 island nations, the Forum for India Pacific Islands Cooperation (IPIC)?
- The Indian gold jewellery major Rajesh Exports Limited (REL) recently announced the acquisition of world’s largest gold refining company Valcambi. In which country is Valcambi headquartered?
(1) South Africa
- The Simhastha Kumbh Mela known for its colourful rituals has been recently (July, 2015) held in on the banks of the river Godavari.
- Ministry of Rural Development has recently launched _____ and a magazine Panchayat Darpan to monitor progress and implementation of Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana.
(5) Awns Atal
- Seeking to provide mobile banking services to customers in the remotest of regions (un-banked region), a leading Private sector bank recently launched an exclusive mobile banking app which requires no Internet connectivity.
(1) ICICI Bank
(2) HDFC Bank
(3) Yes Bank
(4) Kotak Mahindra Bank
(5) Axis Bank
- “Sar utha ke jio” is the tagline of which insurance company?
(1) ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company
(2) Max Life Insurance
(3) HDFC Life
(4) Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance
(5) LIC India
- IRDA was formad under the recommendations of which committee?
(1) Mall-iotra Committee
(2) Dutt Committee
(3) Vaghul Committee
(4) J . Reddy Committee
(5) Dave Committee
- In which country is the Suez Canal located?
- As a tribute to the late president of India, which of the following universities has been recently renamed as APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University?
(1) Maharashtra Technical University
(2) Sikkim Technical University
(3) Bihar Technical University
(4) Uttar Pradesh Technical University
(5) Punjab Technical University
- Ministry of Environment, Forest and climate change, in association with UNESCO will establish a centre for World National Heritage Management and Training Centre. It is planned to be established at
- The Union Cabinet has approved direct benefit transfer to beneficiaries of MGNREGS. What is full form of MGNREGS?
(1) Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme
(2) Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Generation Scheme
(3) Mahatma Gandhi Nation’s Rural Employment Generation Scheme
(4) Mahatma Gandhi Nation’s Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme
(5) Mahatma Gandhi Nation’s Rural Employment Guarantee System
- Capital Adequacy Ratio (CAR) means
(1) the ratio of bank profits to its assets
(2) the ratio of bank’s capital to its deposits
(3) the ratio of bank’s profits to its risk weighted assests
(4) other than those given as options
(5) the ratio of bank’s capital to its risk weighted assets
- Which Indian film has won the Best original screenplay of a Foreign Language Film Award at the Madrid International Film festival?
(2) Buddha in a traffic j am
(3) Chauthi Koot
(4) The Lunchbox
- DICGC is a subsidiary of Reserve Bank of India. It was established for the purpose of providing insurance of
(3) Equity shares
(4) Forex Transactions
(5) Bank Deposits
- Who is the author of the bestseller, The Alchemist’?
(1) Robin Sharma
(2) Daniel Gilbert
(3) Paulo Coelho
(4) Brian Tracy
(5) Jack Canfield
- As per the recent land boundary agreement, how many enclaves are exchanged between India and Bangladesh?
- BNP Paribas is reported to be acquiring a major retail brokerage firm. Name the firm.
(1) Reliance Securities
(2) Angel Broking Limited
(3) Kotak Securities Limited
(5) India Infoline Limited
- Joshna Chinappa is associated with which sport?
- 70th Anniversary of the first atomic bomb was marked in the city of Hiroshima in Japan. What is the anniversary date?
(1) 13th June
(2) 18th August
(3) 19th June
(4) 6th August
(5) 24th July
- The American global payments technology solution firm Visa .inc has recently planned to launch a new mobile payment service in India called.
- Royal Bank of Scotland is in talks to sell off its private banking business in media to
(1) Prakala Wealth Management
(2) EticaWealth Management
(3) Sanctum Wealth Management
(4) Motilal Oswal Health Management Pvt. Ltd.
(5) Other than those given as options
- The Competition Commission of India (CCI) recently imposed a penalty of 420.26 crore rupees on which of the following car companies?
(2) Maruti Suzuki
(5) Toyota Kirloskar
- Where did World’s largest flower Amorphophallus Titanum recently bloom for the first time in 5 years?
(2) New Delhi
- Which is the largest insurance company in India?
(1) LIC of India
(2) ICICI Prudential Life Insurance
(3) Birla Sun Life Insurance
(4) SBI Life Insurance
(5) Reliance Life Insurance
- Krishnapanam Port has received the Golden Peacock Environment Management Award for its initiatives and achievements in the field of environment, in which state is it located?
(4) Andhra Pradesh
(5) Tamil Nadu
- The United Nations has predicted that India will surpass China to become the most populous country in the world by the year
- The 10 day Indo-UK bilateral exercise which commenced in July, 2015 between Indian Air Force and British Royal Air Force was railed
- Where is the National Insurance Academy presently located?
(4) New Delhi
- RBI will soon issue coins to commemorate International Yoga Day. What will be
(1) Rs. 50
(2) Rs. 20
(3) Rs. 10
(4) Rs. 5
(5) Rs. 100
- What is the currency of Sri Lanka?
- Two Indians have been awarded the Ramon Magsaysay Award 2015 One is Sanjiv Chaturvedi and the other is
(1) Nileema Mishra
(2) Anshu Gupta
(3) Deep Joshi
(4) Kulandei Francis
(5) Harish Hande
- Name the winner of the ICTP Rarnanuj an price for 2015.
(1) Miguel Waish
(2) Shi Yuguang
(3) Dr. Amalendu Krishna
(4) Tian Ye
(5) Philibert Nang
- Who is the present Chief Minister of Haryana?
(1) Manohar Lal Khattar
(2) Parkash Singh Badal
(3) Virbhadra Singh
(4) Akhilesh Yadav
(5) Raghubar Das
- A famous US country singer and a Grammy award winner passed away recently in July, 2015. Name him.
(1) Whitney Houston
(2) Amy Winehouse
(3) Lynn Anderson
(4) Mark Starc
(5) Andrae Church
- The 48th ASEAN foreign ministers meeting was held at
(2) Sri Lanka
- Apart from India which other country does National Insurance Company Limited (NICL) serve?
(3) Sri Lanka
- What is the capital of Mozambique?