General Awareness || Reasoning || Quantitative Aptitude || English Comprehension
- Division of Powers and Independent Judiciary are the two important features of
(1) Socialist form of Government
(2) Unitary form of Government
(3) Democratic form of Government
(4) Federal form of Government
- Which Article of the Indian Constitution did Dr. B.R. Ambedkar term as the “Heart and Soul of the Indian Constitution”?
(1) Article 14
(2) Article 19
(3) Article, 356
(4) Article 32
- Who was the first to use the term ‘State’?
- Under which Article of the Constitution of India, can the fundamental rights of the members of the Armed Forces be specifically restricted?
(1) Article 33
(2) Article 19
(3) Article 21
(4) Article 25
- Pulakesin II was the greatest ruler of the
(1) Cholas of Tamil Nadu
(2) Chalukyas of Badami
(3) Chalukyas of Kalyani
(4) Pallavas of Kanchi
- The Uttaramerur inscription provides information on the administration of the
- Pitts India Act of 1784 was a/ an
(1) White paper
(2) Regulating Act
- Which one of the following statements is not true in respect of A.O. Hume ?
(1) He was an ornithologist.
(2) He was a member of the Indian Civil Service.
(3) He founded the Indian National Congress,
(4) He presided over the Congress Annual Sessions twice.
- Social accounting system in India is classified into
(1) Income, product and expenditure
(2) Enterprise, households and government
(3) Assets, liabilities and debt position
(4) Public sector, Private sector and Joint sector
- Forced Savings refer to
(1) Reduction of consumption consequent to a rise in prices
(2) Taxes on individual income and wealth
(3) Compulsory deposits imposed on income tax payers
(4) Provident fund contribution of private sector employees
- The demand for labour is called
(1) Market demand
(2) Direct demand
(3) Derived demand
(4) Factory demand
- Which of the following is not an investment expenditure in goods and services?
(1) Expansion of the main plant of a company
(2) Purchase of a house
(3) Purchase of machinery
(4) An increase in business inventories
- Which one of the following represents the Savings of the Private Corporate Sector?
(1) Dividends paid to shareholders
(2) Total profits of a company
(3) Undistributed profits
(4) Excess of income over expenditure
- Who presides over the Joint Session of Indian Parliament?
(1) Speaker of Lok Sabha
(2) President of India
(3) Chairperson of Rajya Sabha
(4) Seniormost Member of Parliament
- Teeth and Bones acquire strength and rigidity from
- The type of tail found in Shark is
- The Sigmoid Colon is part of
(1) Small Intestine
(2) Anal Canal
(3) Large Intestine
- A good conductor while carrying current is
(1) alternately charged positive and negative
(2) negatively charged
(3) positively charged
(4) electrically neutral
- The angle between the magnetic meridian and the geographical meridian at a place is
- The device used for measuring the wavelength of X-rays is
(1) G.M. Counter
(3) Bragg Spectrometer
(4) Mass Spectrometer
- Alpha particle is the nucleus of an atom of
- Who is the founder of “Face-book” which is currently the No.1 social networking website in India?
(1) Bill Gates
(2) Martin Cooper
(3) Orkut Buyukkokten
(4) Mark Zuckerberg
- In programming, repeating some statements is usually called
(4) Control structure
- Which of the following move-ments saw the biggest peasant guerilla war on the eve of independence?
(1) Noakhali Movement
(2) Tebhaga Movement
(3) Punnapra Vayalar Movement
(4) Telangana Movement
- Maps on large scale, representing both natural and man-made features are called
(1) Wall maps
(2) Topographic maps
(3) Thematic maps
(4) Atlas maps
- Which river in India flows in a rift-valley?
- A narrow strip of land that connects two larger land masses is called
- Tiny marine animals which constitute limestone skeletons are called
(3) Coral reefs
- Apatanis are the major tribal group of
(4) Arunachal Pradesh
- Which of the following plant pigments absorbs in red and far-red region of light?
- The process through which excess of light energy is dissipated in photosynthesis is known as
- AIDS virus destroys
- Who among the following Presidents of MCC was a non-professional cricketer ?
(1) Ted Dexter
(2) Colin Cowdrey
(3) Peter May
(4) Christopher Martin Jenkins
- Who won the Nobel Prize for Peace in 2012 ?
(1) European Union
(2) U.N. Intergovernmental Pane: on Climate Change
(3) International Atomic Energy Agency
(4) Liu Xiaobo
- Who won the Jnanpith Award for 2011?
(1) Gopinath Mohanty
(2) Sitakant Mahapatra
(3) Sachidananda Routray
(4) Pratibha Ray
- Who is the-author of the book “No Full Stops in India”?
(1) R.K. Narayan
(2) Ved Mehta
(3) Nirad C. Choudhuri
(4) Mark Tolly
- Which one of the following pairs is wrongly matched?
Place – Location
(1) Trafalgar Square – London
(2) Red Square – Moscow
(3) Tiananmen Square – Beijing
(4) Tahrir Square – Abu Dhabi
- The term of a non-permanent member of the U.N. Security Council is
(1) 3 years
(2) 6 months
(3) 1 year
(4) 2 years
- Who is the Chairman of the 20th Law Commission?
(1) Justice Usha Mehra
(2) Justice J.S. Verma
(3) Justice K.G. Balakrishnan
(4) Justice D.K. Jain
- Julia Gillard is the Prime Minister of
(1) New Zealand
- Which is the first state in India to pass the Food Security Law?
- Silicone is a polymer of
(1) Tetraalkyl silane
(2) Silicon tetrachloride
(3) Dialkyl dichioro silane
- Which is a natural colloid ?
(1) Sodium chloride
- Which one of the following does not contain Silver ?
(1) Ruby Silver
(2) Lunar Caustic
(3) German Silver
(4) Horn Silver
- The presence of Cobalt in Vitamin B12 was established for the first time by
(1) Hydrolysis test
(3) Borax-Bead test
(4) Sodium Nitroprusside test
- Which bacterial strain developed from natural isolates by genetic manipulations can be used for treating oil spills ?
- Coating of solid waste with impervious material is known as
(2) Chemical fixation
- Ultraviolet rays can be used in water treatment as
- ‘Thiamidine dimer formation in DNA is caused by
(3) β and γ-rays
- Winner of the Australian Open Men’s Singles Title in 2013 is
(1) David Ferrer
(2) Andy Murray
(3) Roger Federer
(4) Novak Djokovic