GENERAL AWARENESS ( SSC GRADUATE LEVEL TIER-I EXAM (Morning shift) , 19-05-2013 - Previous Year Paper )
- Which of the following high dignitaries, who are not members of Parliament, has the right to address it?
(1) Chief Justice of India
(2) Attorney General of India
(3) Solicitor General of India
(4) Chief Election Commissioner of India
- The Declaration of American Independence was based on the theory of
(1) Civil Rights
(2) Moral Rights
(3) Legal Rights
(4) Natural Rights
- For which tax, was constitutional status given much later after its introduction in a small way in 1994 - 95?
(1) Customs Duty
(2) Corporation Tax
(3) Taxes on Services
(4) Income Tax
- The first Sultan who requested and obtained letters of investiture from the Caliph (Khalifa) was
(3) Firuz Tughluq
(4) Alauddin Khilji
- The Buddhist monk who spread Buddhism in Tibet was
- In 1937, an educational conference endOrsing Gandhi's proposals for 'basic education' through the vernacular medium was held at
- "What is the Third Estate ?“ pamphlet associated with the French Revolution, was written by :
(2) Edmund Burke
(3) Joseph Foulon
(4) Abbe Sieyes
- Gandhi's Salt Satyagraha was a part of—
(1) Champaran Satyagraha
(2) Quit India Movement
(3) Non Cooperation Movement
(4) Civil Disobedience Movement
- Stagflation refers to a situation which is characterised by
(1) stagnant employment and deflation
(2) deflation and rising unemployment
(3) inflation and rising employment.
(4) inflation and rising unemployment
- The demand for necessities is
(2) perfectly inelastic
(4) perfectly elastic
- The 'balance of payments of a country is in equilibrium when the
(1) demand as well as supply of the domestic currency are the highest
(2) demand for the domestic currency is equal to its supply
(3) demand for the domestic currency is the highest
(4) demand for the domestic currency is the lowest
- Value-added means value of
(1) output at factor cost
(2) output at market prices
(3) goods and services less depreciation
(4) goods and services less cost of intermediate goods and services
- The difference between GNP and NNP equals
(1) corporate profits
(2) personal taxes
(3) transfer payments
- Who decides a 'bill' is a money bill ?
(1) Prime Minister
(2) Speaker of Lok-Sabha
(3) Chairman of Rajya Sabha
- Which of the following countries is regarded as the home of 'Fabian Socialism'?
- In plant-water relationships, symbol 'Ψw' is used to represent
(1) Osmotic pressure
(2) Water potential
(3) Solute potential
- A molecule in plants comparable to haemoglobin in animals is
- An Antigen is
(1) the result of Antibody
(2) the opposite of Antibody
(3) the stimulus for Antibody formation
(4) the residue of an Antibody
- Blood does not coagulate inside the body due to the presence of
- The atmospheric layer farthest from the Earth's surface is known as
- The temperate grasslands of South America are called
- Contours are the lines which are drawn joining places having
(1) equal height from mean sea level
(2) equal rainfall
(3) equal air pressure
(4) equal temperature
- Soil formed by leaching and oxidation is
(1) Black soil
(2) Laterite soil
(3) Red soil
(4) Montane soil
- Which strait separates Australia and Tasmania?
- Photon is the fundamental unit/quantum of
- A liquid disturbed by stirring comes to rest due to
(2) surface tension
(4) centripetal force
- The nuclear particle having no mass and no charge, but only spin is
- The technology that is used to establish wireless networking is
- What is USB ?
(1) Ultimate Service Bit
(2) Universal Sent-Bit
(3) Universal Serial Bus
(4) Urgent Sent Bit
- In a period from Li to F, ionisation potential
(1) cannot be predicted
(4) remains same
- Which of the following metals can deposit copper from copper sulphate solution ?
- Leech is an ectoparasite on cattle, which is
- How many chambers does a mammalian heart have ?
- When Arsenic atoms are added to Germanium lattice, it becomes a/an
(3) Intrinsic semiconductor
(4) Extrinsic semiconductor
- Who won the "Miss World" title for 2012?
(1) Alexandria Mills
(2) Vanya Mishra
(3) Wenxia Yu
(4) Ivian Sarcos
- Who was the first Hindi writer to receive Jnanpith Award?
(1) Mahadevi Verma
(2) Sumitranandan Pant
(3) Dr. Ramdhari Singh Dinkar
(4) S.H. Vatsyayan
- Who is the author of the book Cricketing Life" ?
(1) Christopher Martin Jenkins
(2) Sunil Gavaskar
(3) Kapil Dev
(4) Tony Greig
- Which country has three capitals viz. Administrative, Legislative and Judicial?
(4) South Africa
- How many countries in Africa are members of the Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC)?
- Who is the Chairman of the' 14th Finance Commission ?
(1) D. Subba Rao
(2) Montek Singh Ahluwalia
(3) M. Govinda, Rao
(4) Dr. YV Reddy
- The largest coral reef in'the world is found near the coast of
(3) Sri Lanka
- Which one of the following Indian World Heritage Sites is not in Madhya Pradesh ?
(1) Khajuraho Temples
(2) Sun Temple Konark
(3) Sanchi Stupa
(4) Rock Shelters of Bhimbetka
- Which among the following is used to dilute oxygen in the gas cylinders used by divers ?
- Which one of the following does not form oxyacid ?
- The release of which of the following into ponds and wells helps in controlling mosquitoes?
(4) Gambusia fish
- The ambient air is stable when the ambient lapse rate is
(1) Neutrally stable
- Exposure to mixtures of chemicals are greater than expected on the basis of effects of exposure to each chemical individually. This is known as
- The filter over which sewage is sprinkled is called as
(1) Trickling filter
(2) Percolating filter
(3) Contact bed
(4) Intermittent sand filter
- Who was the captain of the West Indies Cricket team, which won the T-20 World Cup 2012?
(1) Ravi Rampaul
(2) Chris Gayle
(3) Marlon Samuels
(4) D. Bravo
- Which football player has won the FIFA World Player Award (FIFA Ballon d'Or) for four years in a row?
(1) Andres Iniesta
(2) Christiano Ronaldo
(3) Lionel Messi
(4) Michel Platini