- A unit price elastic demand curve will touch
(1) both price and quantity axis
(2) neither price axis, nor quantity axis
(3) only price axis
(4) only quantity axis
- India follows the policy of non -alignment which implies.
(1) being a third world power
(2) choosing its own policies
(3) neutrality towards power blocs
(4) bringing peace and amity to the world
- If the supply curve is a straight line passing through the origin, then the price elasticity of supply will be
(1) less than unity
(2) infinitely large
(3) greater than unity
(4) equal to unity
- According to Modern Theory of Rent, rent accrues to
(1) capital only
(2) any factor
(3) labour only
(4) land only
- The book which is at the centrepiece of the study of Macro - Economics was written by
(1) Prof. Samuelson
(2) Prof. J.M. Keynes
(3) Prof. Benham
(4) Prof. Baumol
- The basic problem studied in Macro - Economics is
(1) production of income
(2) usage of income
(3) flow of income
(4) distribution of income
- The number of subjects incorporated in the Union List is
- Who was the French Governor of Pondicherry. Who tried to make the French Company as a powerful company ?
(1) Thomas Arthur, Comte de Lally
(3) La Bourdonnais
(4) Joseph Francois Dupleix
- The most powerful Peshwa was
(1) Balaji Baji Rao
(2) Baji Rao
(3) Madhava Rao
(4) Balaji Vishwanath
- Democratic Socialism aims at
(1) bringing about Socialism through peaceful means
(2) bringing about Socialism through violent and peaceful means
(3) bringing about Socialism through violent means
(4) bringing about Socialism through democratic means
- Two - Party System is found in
- Chief Justice of the Supreme Court is appointed by the
(1) Speaker of the Lok Sabha
(2) Chairman of the Rajya Sabha
(3) Prime Minister
- What are the folds found in the mucous lining of the empty stomach ?
- The first Mysore War fought between the British and Hy-der Ali in 1767 - 69 A.D., came to an end by the
(1) Treaty of Pondicherry
(2) Treaty of Madras
(3) Treaty of Mysore
(4) Treaty of Aix - la - Chapelle
- The British Government intervened in the affairs of the Company and passed an Act in 1773 A.D., known as the
(1) Regulating Act
(2) Pitt's India Act
(3) Charter Act
(4) Company Act
- Sher Shah defeated Humayun and captured Gaur in the battle of
(1) Ghaghra in 1529 A.D.
(2) Chausa in 1539 A.D.
(3) Panipat in 1526 A.D.
(4) Khanwa in 1527 A.D.
- Identify the most infertile amongst the following soils.
(1) Black cotton soil
(2) Alluvial soil
(3) Laterite soil
(4) Peaty soil
- Spot the odd item of the following :
- Which of the following reasons is responsible for lack of vegetation in the deserts ?
(1) Heavy volume of sands
(2) Absence of B-horizon in the soil
(3) High temperature
(4) Lack of rainfall
- Which one of the following pairs is not correctly matched ?
(1) Khadar - Zonal soil
(2) Podzol - Zonal soil
(3) Chestnut - Zonal soil
(4) Bhangar - Azonal soil
- Select the correct direction of Sirocco storm.
(1) Sahara to Mediterranean Sea
(2) North from U.S.A.
(3) West from Sahara
(4) Adriatic Sea to Italy
- Which among the following is an abiotic factor ?
- Leaves of many grasses are capable of folding and unfolding because
(1) their mesophyll is not differentiated into palisade and spongy parenchyma
(2) they have stomata on both sides of the leaf
(3) they have high levels of silica
(4) they have specialised bulliforrn cells
- Pleura is the covering of
- Which one of the following is an egg-laying mammal ?
(2) Duck - billed platypus
- The moderator used in a nuclear reactor is
(3) Ordinary water
- Solar eclipse occurs when
(1) the Moon does not lie on the line joining the Sun and the Earth
(2) the Moon comes between the Sun and the Earth
(3) the Sun comes between the Moon and the Earth
(4) the Earth comes between the Moon and the Sun
- An aspect of Input/Output controller of data logic is called
(1) General Buffering
(2) Zero Buffering
(4) Data Buffering
- What does BIOS stand for ?
(1) Basic Internal Output System
(2) Basic Intra Operating System
(3) Basic Internal Organ System
(4) Basic Input Output System
- The device used to convert solar energy into electricity is
(1) Photovoltaic cell
(2) Daniell cell
(3) Electrochemical cell
(4) Galvanic cell
- The type of kidneys present in frog are
- A spinning neutron star is known as
(1) White dwarf
(2) Black hole
- Light year is a unit of
- The chemical name of 'Plaster of Paris" commonly used for setting broken bones is
(1) Calcium nitrate
(2) Calcium sulphate
(3) Calcium carbonate
(4) Calcium chloride
- In our country the Van Mahotsav' Day is observed on
(1) 10th August
(2) 1st July
(3) 2nd October
(4) 1st December
- Medicine of Quinine is provided by
(1) Cinchona plant
(2) Money plant
(3) Eucalyptus plants
(4) Aconite plants
- The apparatus used to test acidity of aqueous solution is
(1) pH meter
- The Hutti Gold mines are located in the State of
(2) Tamil Nadu
(3) Andhra Pradesh
- Who was the first recipient of 'Mahathir Award' for Global Peace in August 2013 ?
(1) Malala Yousafzai
(2) John Boehner
(3) Howard Stern
(4) Nelson Mandela
- Process through which plants reproduce
- Which river serves the largest cultivable area ?
- In August 2013, who won the International Children's Peace Prize ?
(1) Malala Yousafzai
(2) Angela Merkel
(3) A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
(4) Silvio Berlusconi
- Who is the present President of Pakistan ?
(1) Asif All Zardari
(2) Nawaz Sharif
(3) Raza Rabbani
(4) Mamnoon Hussain
- Who had been selected for the Rajiv Gandhi National Sadbhavana Award 2013 ?
(1) Amjad All Khan
(2) Gautam Ghosh
(3) Aashish Khan
(4) Muzaffar Ali
- Who was elected as the Ninth President of International Olympic Committee (IOC) on 10th September, 2013?
(1) Thomas Bach
(2) Ching - Kuo - Wu
(3) Serge' Bubka
(4) Richard Carrion
- The Indian Grandmaster who won the Commonwealth Chess Championship in 2013 is
(1) Koneru Humpy
(2) Magnus Carlsen
(3) Abhijeet Gupta
(4) Vishwanathan Anand
- Who had been selected for the Tagore Award for Cultural Harmony in 2013 ?
(1) Kiran Bedi
(2) Chetan Anand
(3) Zubin Mehta
(4) Anita Desai
- Who won the U.S. Open Men's Singles in 2013 in Lawn Tennis ?
(1) Andy Murray
(2) Roger Federer
(3) Rafael Nadal
(4) Novak Djokovic
- On which data did the Rajya Sabha pass " The Marriage Laws" (Amendment) Bill 2012 ?
(1) 18th August, 2013
(2) 5th August, 2013
(3) 26th August. 2013
(4) 23rd August, 2013
- Which of the following was the first Indian exclusive defence satellite which was successfully launched on 29 August, 2013 ?
(1) GSAT - 7
(2) MIG - 47
(3) GSET - 4
(4) GSAT - 6