- If the average revenue is a horizontal straight line, marginal revenue will be
(1) U shaped
(3) Identical with average revenue
(4) L shaped
- The hypothesis that rapid growth of per capita income will be associated with a reduction in poverty is called
(1) trickle down Hypothesis
(2) trickle up hypothesis
(3) U shaped hypothesis
(4) poverty estimation hypothesis
- According to Keynes, business cycles are due to variation in the rate of investment caused by fluctuations , in the
(1) Marginal efficiency of capital
(2) Marginal propensity to save
(3) Marginal propensity to consumption
(4) Marginal efficiency to investment
- The main emphasis of Keynesian economics is on
(3) Foreign trade
- The main feature of the Federal State is
(3) Theory of separation of powers
- Public opinion is
(1) The opinion of the majority
(2) The opinion of the people on political matters
(3) Opinion of the citizens of the country
(4) The opinion based on reasoning which is for the welfare of the whole society
- In India the largest single item of current government expenditure is
(1) Defence Expenditure
(2) Interest payment of debt
(3) Payment of subsidies
(4) Investment in social overheads
- The demand of a factor of production is
(4) discretion of the producer
- The first woman to preside over the UN General Assembly:
(1) Rajkumari Amrit Kaur
(2) Vijaylakshmi Pandit
(3) Karnla Nehru
(4) Indira Gandhi
- Pancha siddhantharn of Varaha inihira deals with
- Which one of the following coins was issued in silver during the Gupta period ?
- Lothal, the dockyard site of the Indus Valley Civilization, is situated In
- Who among the Delhi Sultans died of a sudden fall from a horse at Lahore while playing Chaugan ?
(1) Qutbuddin Aibak
(2) II tu trni sh
(4) Jalaluddin Khilji
- Buddha means
(1) Great Conqueror
(2) Great Saint
(3) Wise one
(4) Enlightened one
- Which one of the following is an item included in the list of Fundamental Duties of an Indian citizen in the Constitution ?
(1) To practice secularism.
(2) To develop scientific temper, humanism and the spirit of enquiry and reform.
(3) To pay all taxes to government regularly and correctly.
(4) Not to assault any public servant in the (during) performance of his duties.
- Where is the headquarters of Hindustan Zinc Ltd ?
- Leaving agricultural land uncultivated for some years known as
(1) Intensive farming
(3) Shifting cultivation
(4) Subsistence fanning
- The sky appears blue due to
(1) Rayleigh scattering
(2) Mie scattering
(3) Back scattering
(4) None of the above
- The mountain formed on the earth crust due to tension is called
(1) Young folded mountain
(2) Old folded mountain
(3) Laccolith mountain
(4) Block mountain
- Movement of hairs in Drosera is referred to as
- Which of the following is an example of parasitic alga ?
- Solitary cyrnose inflorescence is observed in
- The excretory aperture in Paramoecium is known as
( 1 ) Cytopharynx
- IVF (In Vitro Fertilization) Technique was first devised by
(1) Patrick Steptoe and Robert Edwards
(2) Dr. Henry Dixon
(4) Dr. Martin Cooper
- What is 'Biodiversity' ?
(1) Many types of flora & fauna in one forest
(2) Many types of flora and fauna in many forests
(3) Many population of one species in one forest
(4) All the above are true.
- A particle is moving in a uniform circular motion with constant speed v along a circle of radius r. The acceleration-of the particle is
(2) V / r
(3) V / r²
(4) V² / r
- Which of the following devices can be used to detect radiant heat ?
(1) Liquid thermometer
(2) Six's maximum and minimum thermometer
(3) Constant volume air ther - mometer
- In which one of the following the phenomenon of total internal reflection of light is used ?
(1) Formation of mirage
(2) Working of binoculars
(3) Formation of rainbow
(4) Twinkling of stars
- Period of oscillation of 3 cm microwaves in seconds is
(1) 1 x 1010
(2) 1 x 10-10
- The most advanced form Of Read Only Memory (ROM) is
(3) Cache Memory
- A computer program that translates one program instruction one at a time into machine language is called a/ an
- Which of the following is very reactive and kept in kerosene?
- Just born baby has the respiratory rate as
(1) 32 times/minute
(2) 26 times/minute
(3) 18 times/minute
(4) 15 times/minute
- In the periodic table of elements, on moving from left to right across a period, the atomic radius
(3) remains unchanged
(4) does not follow a definite pattern
- Vulcanized rubber contains sulphur
- Uric acid is the chief nitrogenous wastes in
- To conserve coral reefs, the Government of India declared one of the following as Marine Park ;
(1) Gulf of Kutch
(2) Lakshadweep Islands
(3) Gulf of Mannar
(4) Andaman Islands
- The special modified epidermal cells surrounding stomatal pore are called
(1) Epithelial cells
(2) Guard cells
(3) Subsidiary cells
(4) Accessory cells
- Transpiration through leaves is called as
(1) Cauline transpiration
(2) Foliar transpiration
(3) Cuticular transpiration
(4) Lenticular transpiration
- Who is the brand ambassador of Nokia Phones in India ?
(1) Shah Rukh Khan
(2) Aamir Khan
(3) Abhishek Bachchan
(4) M.S. Dhoni
- Which of the following is a metallic ore ?
- 'Canterbury', the premium Indian brand of woollen cardigans and pullovers is from the house of
- Lionel Messi, the winner of four FIFA Ballion d'or and World Player of the year, belongs to
- Who is the brand ambassador of the Hockey India League (HIL) 2013 ?
(1) Pargat Singh
(2) Dhanraj Pillai
(3) Navjot Singh Siddhu
(4) Virat Kohli
- "Consumer Electronic Imaging' Fair 2013", formally called as "Photo Fair", will be organize in January 2015 at
- Which Indian State is the leading cotton producer ?
(3) Andhra Pradesh
(4) Madhya Pradesh
- The 'more mega store' retail chain belongs to which Indian Industry ?
(1) Reliance Industry
(2) Bharti Enterprises
(3) Aditya Birla Group
(4) None of these
- Who among the following was responsible for the revival of Hinduism in 19th century?
(1) Swami Dayanand
(2) Swami Vivekanand
(3) Guru Shankaracharya
(4) Raja Ram Mohan Roy
- The Nobel Peace Prize is awarded in which city ?
- Where is the headquarters of the International Olympic Committee located ?