GENERAL AWARENESS ( SSC GRADUATE LEVEL TIER - I EXAM, 19-10-2014 ( First sitting) - Previous Year Paper )
- There are no politics devoid of religion' is stated by
(3) Vinoba Bhave
(4) Jaya Prakash Narayan
- In which Rock Edict Ashoka mentions about the casualibes of Kalinga War and declares the renunciation of war ?
(1) Maski Edict
(2) Rock Edict XIII
(3) Rock Edict XI
(4) Rock Edict X
- Akbar held his religious discussion in
(1) Jodhabai's Palace
(2) Panch Mahal
(3) Ibadat Khana
(4) Buland Darwaza
- Who succeeded Guru Nanak ?
(1) Guru Angad
(2) Guru Ramdas
(3) Guru Arlan
(4) Guru Hargobind
- The Earliest Settlements of Aryan tribes were at
(1) Uttar Pradesh
(3) Sapta Sindhu
- Who said, "Adolf Hitler is Germany and Germany is Adolf Hitler. He who pledges himself to Hitler pledges himself to Germany" ?
(1) R. Hess
(4) Communist International
- Who speaks of Cabinet system as the steering wheel of the ship of state" ?
- Who has called the Prime Minister Primus inter pares (first among equals) ?
- What is farming along with animal husbandry called ?
(I) Mixed farming
(2) Mixed agriculture
(3) Dairy farming
(4) Truck farming
- Hydraulic Action is a type of erosion caused by
(1) Running water
(4) None of these
- Which of the following is the newest geological era ?
- The plant from which cocoa and chocolate are obtained is a
(3) small tree
(4) very big tree
- The biggest single-celled organism is
- Crescograph was invented by
(1) S.N. Bose
(2) P.C. Roy
(3) J.C. Bose
(4) P.C. Mahalanobis
- Foramen Magnum is an aperture found in the
- Who betrayed Siraf-ud-Daula in the Battle of Plassey in 1757 ?
(1) Hyder All
(2) Mir Qasim
(3) Mir Jaffar
(4) Nawab of Oudh
- 'Kelp' is
(1) Sulphide mineral of iron
(2) Partially decomposed vege- 76. tatlon
(3) Sea weed rich in iodine content
(4) An aluminium silicate mineral
- Spot the odd item in the following :
- Light from the Sun reaches us in nearly
(1) 8 min
(2) 2 min
(3) 6 min
(4) 4 min
- Radar is used to
(1) locate submerged submarines.
(2) receive signal from radio receivers.
(3) detect and locate distant objects.
(4) locate geostationary satellites.
- Optical fibre works on the principle of
(4) total internal reflection
- Which application in Microsoft Office is feasible for preparing presentations ?
(1) Microsoft Excel
(2) Microsoft Word
(3) Microsoft Power Point
(4) Microsoft Publishers
- The language which was used to build Internet Pages in the beginning of Internet Technology is
- Name the branch of Zoology that deals with the scientific study of animal behaviour.
- 'Barr body' is found in
(2) Sertoli cells
(3) Female somatic cells
(4) Male somatic cells
- The colours of stars depend on their
(4) atmospheric pressure
- Which source has been particularly fruitful in finding novel anti-tumour agents such as bryostanns and dolostatins ?
(1) Marine sources
(3) Venoms and toxins
(4) Combinatorial chemistry
- The pollutant responsible for ozone holes is........
- One of the best solutions to get rid of non-biodegradable wastes is
- Vermicomposting is done by
- If waste materials contaminate the source of drinking water, which of the following diseases will spread ?
- India exports power to .............
- The alkoloid naturally found in coffee, cocoa and cola nut is
- The metal used for making air-crafts and rockets is
- The process of improving the quality of rubber by heating it with sulphur is called.
- Which State is the largest producer of pulses in India ?
(3) Madhya Pradesh
- In India, woman had never been a Chief Minister in the State of
(1) Tamil Nadu
(3) Uttar Pradesh
- Which of the following is not a noble gas ?
- Sunda Trench is in
(1) Indian Ocean
(2) Pacific Ocean
(3) Atlantic Ocean
(4) Gulf of Mexico
- Which of the following is an organic rock ?
- Who among the following has written the famous book "Malgudi Days" ?
(1) V.S. Naipaul
(2) Deepak Chopra
(3) Rabindranath Tagore
(4) R.K. Narayan
- British Crown assumed sovereignty over India from the East India Company in the year
- Which vein brings clean blood from the lungs into the heart ?
(1) Renal Vein
(2) Pulmonary Vein
(3) Vena Cava
(4) Hepatic Vein
- The first woman President of Indian National congress was
(1) Kamala Devi Chattopadhyaya
(2) Sarojini Naidu
(3) Annie Besant
(4) Rajkumari Amrit Kaur
- Average propensity to consume is defined as
(1) Aggregate consumption + Total population
(2) Aggregate income + Aggregate consumption
(3) Change in consumption + Change in income
(4) Aggregate consumption :- Aggregate income
- In short run, if a competitive firm incurs losses, it will
(1) stop production.
(2) continue to produce as long as it can cover its variable costs.
(3) raise price of its product.
(4) go far advertising campaign.
- Which one of the following is the specific feature of the single member constituency system ?
(1) The system is economical for representatives.
(2) Gerrymandering is not possible in this system.
(3) It secures a stable majority in the legislature.
(4) The candidate has to spend less on electioneering.
- Which of the following relations always holds true ?
(1) Income = Consumption + Investment
(2) Income = Consumption + Saving
(3) Saving = Investment
(4) Income = Consumption + Saving + Investment
- The Keynesian consumption function shows a relation between
(1) aggregate consumption and total population.
(2) aggregate consumption and general price level.
(3) aggregate consumption and aggregate income
(4) aggregate consumption and interest rate
- Over short period, when income rises, average propensity to consume usually
(3) remains constant