GENERAL AWARENESS ( SSC CPO SUB-INSPECTOR EXAM, 12-12-2010 ( Papre – I ) – Previous Year Paper)
- How many times was the term of the Lok Sabha extended upto 6 years ?
- Where did the practice of Shadow Cabinet’ originate ?
(1) United States of America
(2) Great Britain
- Sarkaria Commission was constituted to give its report on
(1) New pay scales for the government servants
(2) Centre-State relations
(3) Ram Janmabhomi -Babri Masjid dispute
(4) Kaveri dispute
- Which of the following Articles of the Constitution deals with the Fundamental Duties ?
(1) Article 39 C
(2) Article 51 A
(3) Article 29 B
(4) None of the above
- Consequent upon the recommendations of the Working Group on Rural Banks, 5 Rural Regional Banks were initially set up in the year
- Poverty in less developed countries is largely due to
(1) voluntary idleness
(2) income inequality
(3) lack of cultural activities
(4) lack of intelligence of the people
- Karl Marx’s book ‘Das Kapital’ was published in
- Among the tax revenues of the Union Government, the most important source is
(1) Income Tax
(2) Customs Duty
(3) Corporation Tax
(4) Union Excise Duties
- There was a substantial increase in foodgrakks production specially wheat production, during the period after
- The headquarters of the Ghadar Party was at
(4) San Francisco
- After the death of Rajaram in 1700 A.D., Marathas continued the war against the Mughals under his brave wife
- Where is the satellite launching centre of India located ?
- Hardayal, an intellectual giant, was associated with
(1) Home Rule Movement
(2) Ghadar Movement
(3) Swadeshi Movement
(4) Non-Cooperation Movement
- The credit of discovering the sea route of India goes to the
- The song Jana-Gana-Mana’ composed by Rabindra Nath Tagore was first published in January 1912 under the title of
(1) Jay He
(3) Bharat Vicihata
- In which case did the Supreme Court restore the primacy of the Fundamental Rights over the Directive Principles of State Policy ?
(1) Golaknath Case
(2) Keshavananda Bharti Case
(3) Minerva Mills Case
(4) All the above cases
- When did India join the Uroted Nations?
- Which of the following is not the essential qualification for appointment as a Judge of the Supreme Court of India ?
(1) Should be a citizen of India
(2) Should be at least 35 years of age
(3) Should have practised for at least 10 years as an advocate in one or more High Courts
(4) Should be an eminent jurist
- On imprisonment in 1908 by the Brities, Bal GangadharTilak was sent to
(1) Andaman and Nicobar
- Find out the mismatched pair.
(2) Groundnut- Bihar
(4) Sugarcane – Uttar Pradesh
- Choclates can be bad for health because of a high content of
- Which one of the following categories of workers is termed as coltivators ?
(1) Those who own land and cultivate
(2) Those who lease in land and cultivate
(3) Those who cultivate the land of others
(4) Those who own land and lease in from others or institutions and cultivate
- Which one of the following cities has the maximum number of registered vehicles on the road ?
- The Bhilai Steel Plant has been established with the assistance of
(2) U.S A.
- Indian desert is called
- The weight of an average human brain is about
(1) 1.64 kg
(2) 1.36 kg
(3) 1.46 kg
(4) 1.63 kg
- The animal which can tolerate more summer heat is
- According to Darwin’s Theory of Evolution, long necks in giraffes
(1) arose because of constant attempt to reach leaves on tall trees, generation after generation
(2) do not give them any special advantage and is just an accident
(3) give them advantage in finding food, because of which those with long necks survive
(4) is a result of the special weather prevalent in African Savannah
- Silent Valley is situated in
(4) Andhra Pradesh
- Rickets is the deficiency disease of Vitamin D, in which the affected part is the
- In which one of the following places is electricity generated from hydel power ?
- Cokking gas is a mixture of
(1) methane and ethylene
(2) carbon dioxide and oxygen
(3) butane and propane
(4) carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide
- Dry powder fire extinguishers contain
(2) sand and sodium carbonate
(3) sand and potassium carbonate
(4) sand and sodium bicarbonate
- Which type of glass is used for making glass reinforced plastic?
(1) Pyrex glass
(2) Flint glass
(3) Quartz glass
(4) Fibre glass
- Two elements which are used to absorb neutrons to control the chain reaction during nuclear fission are
(1) Boron and Cadmium
(2) Boron and Plutonium
(3) Cadmium and Uranium
(4) Uranium and Boron
- A metal plate with a circular hole at the centre is heated. What will happen to the area of the hole ?
(3) Remain constant
(4) Will increase first and then dcrease
- The period of revolution of a geostationary satellite is
(1) 365 days
(2) 30 days
(3) 24 hours
(4) changing continuously
- A piece of paper and a cricket ball are dropped from the same height. Under which of the following conditions do both reach the surface simultaneously ?
(1) They must have the same volume
(2) They must have the same density
(3) They must have the same mass
(4) They must be dropped in vacuum
- A rocket works on the prinple of conservation of
(3) Linear mosentum
(4) Linear acceleration
- The most commonly used chemicals in the artificial rainmaking or cloud seeding are
(1) Silver Iodide (Agl)
(2) Sodium Chloride (NaCl)
(3) Dry Ice (Frozen CO2)
(4) All of the above
- What is clickjacking ?
(1) Malicious technique of tricking Web usear into revealing confidential information
(2) A device that sends and receives data in a bit second
(3) A form of Computer Engineering
(4) A digital process that is used to display an image on monitor
- The frequency of ultrasound wave is typically
(1) Above 20 kHz
(2) Above 20,000 kHz
(3) Below 20 kHz
(4) Below 02 kHz
- India recently signed an agreement in the field of energy with a country, which is considered world leader in the field of ‘Renewable Energy’. Which is that country ?
(4) South Africa
- Who is the member of the Election Commission of India ?
(1) V.S. Sampath
(2) Dr. N.K. Singh
(3) Abhijit Sen
(4) B.B Tandon
- The ‘Rediscovery of India’ is written by
(1) Gurcharan Das
(2) Arundhati Roy
(3) Meghnad Desai
(4) Mrinal Pande
- Who was the Chief Guest on the 61st Republic Day Parade of India ?
(1) President of Afghanistan
(2) President of South Korea
(3) Prime Minister of Bangladesh
(4) Prime Minister of Japan
- Cheap Money means
(1) Low Rate of Interest
(2) Low level of Savings
(3) Low level Income
(4) Excess of Black Money
- Serena Williams is one of the top ranked sportswomen of
- Grammy Award is given in the field of
(4) Inventions and Discoveries
- Which country has won the Hop-man Cup recently ?
(3) Great Britain