General Awareness || Reasoning || Quantitative Aptitude || English Comprehension
- In India, the interest rate on savings accounts in all the nationalized commercial banks is fixed by
(1) Finance Minister of India
(2) Union Finance Commission
(3) Indian Bank Association
(4) Reserve Bank of India
- Pegging up of a currency means, fixing the value of a currency
(1) at a constant level
(2) at a lower level
(3) at a higher level
(4) leaving it to market forces
- The Oilseeds Production Programme (OPP) was launched in
- Plan Holiday was declared after
(1) The First Five Year Plan
(2) The Second Five Year Plan
(3) The Third Five Year Plan
(4) The Fourth Five Year Plart
- Which of the following pair is wrongly matched ?
(1) Plato - Republic
(2) Aristotle - Politics
(3) Pundit Jawaharlal Nehru Hind Swaraj
(4) Karl Marx - Das Kapital
- The concept of "Rule of Law" is a special feature of constitutional system of
- Which of the following is not helpful in controlling money supply ?
(1) Free market policy
(3) Bank Rate
(4) Change in margin requirement
- Usually a big difference is seen in theory and practice in
(1) Presidential form of Government
(2) Fascist type of Government
(3) Parliamentary form of Govemment
(4) Socialist type of Government
- Comptroller and Auditor General of India acts as a friend, Philosopher and Guide for.
(1) Public Accounts Committee
(2) Estimates Committee
(3) Finance Ministry
(4) Committee on Public Undertakings
- How liberty can be limited ?
(1) By Rule
(2) By Law
(3) By Authority
(4) By Equality
- The first meeting of the Indian National Congress held in 1885 was presided by
(1) Shri P.M. Mehta
(2) Shri Womesh Chandra Bannerjee
(3) D.E. Wacha
(4) S.N. Bannerjee
- Which one of the following tribal assemblies was normally involved in the election of the tribal chief ?
- During which of the following periods of Indian History did the Kshatriyas have a distinct identity ?
(1) Age of the Buddha
(2) Maurya period
(3) Post-Maurya age
(4) Gupta period
- The Gandhi's `Dandi March' was a part of
(1) Non-Cooperation Movement
(2) Home Rule League
(3) Civil Disobedience Movement
(4) Quit India Movement
- A writ is issued by
(1) a High Court
(2) a Sub Court
(3) a District Court
(4) an Administrative Tribunal
- Growth rate of population means
(1) The difference of growth between male and female.
(2) The difference in population between urban and rural area.
(3) The number of births per thousand people.
(4) The difference between birth and death rates.
- Relative humidity is expressed as
- Metamorphism changes rocks'
(3) both (1) and (2)
(4) actual chemical composition
- The region famous for many kinds of wine and champagne is
(1) Eastern Europe
(2) Western Europe
- Crossing-over occurs during
- In which of the following multiple epidermis is found ?
- Blood cancer is commonly known as
(4) Sickle-cell anaemia
- The first stable product of photosynthesis is
(3) Phosphoglyceric acid
- pH scale ranges from
(1) 0- 7
(2) 8- 14
(3) 0 - 14
- Slash and burn agriculture is known as 'Milpa' in
(3) Central Africa
(4) Mexico and Central America
- A real gas can act as an ideal gas in
(1) high pressure and low temperature
(2) low pressure and high temperature
(3) high pressure and high temperature
(4) low pressure and low temperature
- According to special theory of relativity the mass of a particle
(1) increases with increase in velocity with respect to an observer.
(2) decreases with increase in velocity.
(3) decreases with decrease in velocity.
(4) is independent of its velocity.
- The motion of the wheels of a bullock-cart while moving on the road is an example of
(1) Oscillatory and rotatory motion
(2) Oscillatory and translatory motion
(3) Translatory and rotatory motion
(4) Translatory motion only
- Endoscope is an instrument used to detect the ulcers in the stomach has a long narrow tube (with a small glowing bulb at one end) which is inserted in to the stomach through the mouth contains.
(1) small current carrying wire
(2) a narrow tube containing water
(3) optical fibre
(4) a narrow tube containing some chemical solution
- The 'IBM-DOS' is a
(1) Single user operating system
(2) Multiuser operating system
(3) Batch operating system
(4) Time-sharing operating system
- The new technology which is emerging in the field of computer is
(2) Parallel processing system
(3) Semiconductor technology
(4) Transistor technology
- Iron rusts quickly in
(1) Rain water
(2) Sea water
(3) Distilled water
(4) River water
- When a single gene controls the expression of more than one character, it is said to be
- Aerated water contains
- Magnetite is
(4) 2Fe2O3. 3H20
- United Nations' appreciation for better management of cyclone, Phalin was awarded in 2014 to the government of
(1) West Bengal
(2) Andhra Pradesh
(3) Andaman & Nicobar
- The Ministry sometimes referred to as "Green Ministry" in India is Ministry of
(1) Agriculture and Rural Development
(2) Environment and Forests
(3) Surface and Transport
(4) Urban Development and Landscaping
- The plants which grow well, only in light are known as
- Anna Jangal Yojna (my forest scheme) a bid to enhance forest cover in the State was launched in
- A book entitled, The Stories of Malgudi Days' was written by
(1) K.R. Narayanan
(2) R.K. Narayan
(3) P.M. Bajpai
(4) Abul Kalam
- "Ranji Trophy" is given to the sportpersons in
- Anti-Sexual Harassment Law (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013 came into force in India to protect.
(1) Women at workplace
(2) Transgenders (male)
(3) Child abuse
- Iron is prevented from rusting by coating with zinc. This process is called as
- Special status to Jammu and Kashmir is given by the Indian Constitution under the article
- Where the Central Food Technology and Research Institute (CFTRI) is located ?
- The study of Drugs and their action is known as
- Food crops comprise.
(1) Cotton, Tobacco, Sugarcane
(2) Linseed, Castor, Turmeric
(3) Foodgrains, Pulses, Edible oilseeds
(4) Jute, Cotton, Chillies
- The first Five Year Plan of the Government of India was based on
(1) Leontief input-output model
(2) Harrod-Domar model
(3) Mahalanobis two-sector model
(4) Mahalanobis four-sector model
- Which of the followings is not correct ?
(1) PIL - Public Induced Litigation
(2) CNG - Compressed Natural Gas
(3) SIT - Special Investigation Team
(4) KYC - Know Your Customer
- Find the incorrect match among the
(1) Sir Syed Murtza Khan Aligarh Muslim University
(2) Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Ambedkar University
(3) Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru Jawaharlal Nehru University
(4) Madan Mohan Malviya - Banaras Hindu University