GENERAL AWARENESS (SSC COMBINED GRADUATE LEVEL (CGL) TIER-I EXAM, (Second Sitting) 16-08-2015) - Previous Year Paper
- The substrate of Photorespiration is :
(2) Pyruvic acid
- In mountainous areas a natural cause for road blocks is often :
(1)road repairs and construction
(2) land slides
(3) tree felling
(4) traffic congestion
- Match the following :
(1)A, B, C, D
(2)A, B, C, D
(3)A, B, C, D
(4)A, B, C, D
- Match the following :
(1)A-1, B-3, C-4, D-2
(2)A-2, B-1, C-3, D-4
(3)A-3, B-4, C-2, D-1
(4)A-4, B-2, C-1, D-3
- Movement of people from a village to a small town and later to a city is known as :
(1) intra—state migration
(2) step—wise migration
(3) inter—state migration
(4) forced migration
- The purpose of choke in a fluorescent lamp is :
(1) to increase the current flow
(2) to decrease the current flow
(3) to decrease the resistance
(4) ro decrease the voltage momentarily
- Headquarter of European Union (EU) is situated in :
(1) Paris (France)
(2) Munich (Germany)
(3) Brussels (Belgium)
(4) Milan (Italy)
- The Thirteenth Pravasi Bhartiy Divas was held on 8th and 9th January 2015 at:
(3) New Delhi
- Who was the Nawab of Bengal during "Battle of Plassey"?
(1) Mir Jafar
(2) Mir Qasim
(4) None of these
- In the case of deadlock between the two houses paraliament, the joint sitting is presided over by the :
(2) Senior most member of Lok Sabha
(3) Speaker of Lok Sabha
(4) Vice President
- man Booker Prize for 2014 is awarded to :
(1) Amrita Pritam
(2) Shashi Tharoor
(3) Lech Walesa
(4) Richard Flanagan
- The National Police Academy is located ay :
(4) Abu Road
- The mercury and sodium street lamps light up because of :
(1) Atomic emission
(2) Atomic absorption
(3) Electron emission
(4) Electron absorption
- A person can jump higher on the moon's surface than on the earth because :
(1) the moon's surface is rough
(2) the acceleration due to gravity in moon is smaller than that on the earth.
(3) the moon is cooler than earth
(4) the moon has no atmosphere
- "Wall Street" is the name of the :
(1) Stock Exchange of New York
(2) Indian Township in Washington
(3) Super market in Mumbai
(4) Stock Exchange of kolkata
- Kautilya's "Arthashastra" mainly deals with.................. :
(1) Political state craft
(2) Social aspects
(3) Economic doctrines
(4) Military aspects
- Who of the following became a member of the "Din—i—Ila-hi" ?
(2) Raja Birbal
(3) Raja Man Singh
- Which one of the following is not a feature of Indifference Curve?
(1) They do not intersect each other
(2) They slope downwards to the right
(3) They are parallel to each other
(4) They are concave to each other
- Which of the following refers to the white salt which covers the land in some areas during dry season?
- The first Sultan of Delhi to issue regular currency and declare Delhi as the capital of his empire was :
(2) Alarn Shah
(3) Qutbuddin Aibak
- The soft silvery metalic element which ionizes easily when heated or exposed to light and is present in atomic clocks is :
- Which one of the following is an indigenously built light combat aircraft of India?
- Which of the following is not correct about Mahatma Gandhi?
(1) Gandhi advocated complete sepration of politics from religion.
(2) Gandhi believed in nonviolence
(3) Gandhi believed in nthe sanctity of means.
(4) Gandhi supported close relation between religion and politics.
- The only AICO session Gandhiji presided was held at :
- The Indian Constitution provides the country with three categories of civil services, namely :
(1) all India, central and state services
(2) administrative, railway
(3) administrative, police and revenue services
(4) administrative, police and foreign services
- B—Diversity is also known as :
(1) Within habitat diversity
(2) Ecosystem diversity
(3) Global diversity
(4) Between habitat diversity
- In a Database Managemnt System (DBMS), the content and the location of the data is defined by the.........
(1) Multi Dimensional data
(2) Sequence data
(3) Meta data
(4) Sub data
- Which one of these animals is jawless :
- Competition for food, light and space is most severe in:
(1) Distantly related species growing in different habitats
(2) Closely related species growing in the same area or niche
(3) Closely related species growing in different habitats
(4) Distantly related species growing in the same habitats
- What is Amnesty International?
(1) An Animal Rights Protection Organization
(2) A peace Movement
(3) An Environment Protection Organization
(4) A Human Rights Organization
- Rotation of crops is essential :
(1) For increasing the quantity of minerals.
(2)For decreasing the quantity of proteins.
(3)For getting different kinds of crops.
(4) For increasing fertility of the soil.
- Catalytic converters are generally made from :
(1) Alkaline metals
(3) Transition metals
- The green colour seen in firework displays is due to the chloride salt of :
- The difference in the value of visible exports and visible imports is called :
(1) Balance Sheet of items
(2) Balance of Payments
(3) Balance of Trade
(4) Balance of Account
- Which of the following country has the longest overland tunnel?
- Addition oxcessive amounts of heat to a lake is referred to as :
(1) Refrigeration effect
(2) Green House effect
(3) Thermal pollution
(4) Heat Bloom
- The apparent weight of a man in a lift is less the real weight when
(1) the lift is going up with an acceleration
(2) the lift is going down with uniform speed
(3) the lift is going up with uniform speed
(4) the lift is going down with an acceleration
- The remedies to soil erosion are :
I. Contour bunding
II. Regulation of land use
III. Cutting of trees
IV. Allowing grazing of animals
(1) I, III
(2) I, II
(3) III, IV
(4) II, III
- Afla toxins are produced by
- What according to Communism is the chief enemy of the society?
(1) Private property
(3) Surplus value
(4) Capitalist class
- Which one of the following is the infective stage of the Malarial Parasite?
- Jaspal Rana is the name associated with which of the following games :
(2) Weight lifting
- One of the regions that receives rainfall from the North—Easterly monsoon is :
(1) West Bengal
(4) Tamil Nadu
- The author of the book "Zest for Life" is :
(1) Emile Zola
(2) H.G. Walls
(3) Virginia Wolf
(4) Mark Twain
- When income increase, consumption also increases :
(1) in a lower proportion
(2) in a higher proportion
(3) in the same proportion
(4) None of the options
- Rainbows are produced when sunlight :
(1)Incident on rain drops hanging in the atmosphere is dispersed after suffering refraction
(2) Incident on rain drops hanging in the atmosphere is dispersed after suffering refraction and internal reflection.
(3) incident on raindrops hanging in the atmosphere is dispresed after suffering reflection.
(4) None of the given statements is correct.
- From the national point of view which of the following indicates Micro Approach?
(1) Per capita income in India
(2) Study of sales of TISCO
(3) Inflation in India
(4) Educated Unemployment in India
- Ecosystem consists of :
(1) A biotic community and its non—living elements
(3) A population and its nonliving elements
(4) A biotic community
- What is the speciality of WINDOWS—NT?
(1) supports real—time processing
(2) supports LAN and WAN
(3) supports Batch processing
(4) supports multi—processing
- Which of the following comes under the jurisdiction of both the High Court, and the Supreme Court?
(1)Disputes between the states inter se
(2)Protection against the violation of the Constitution
(3) Protection of Fundamental Rights
(4) Disputes between Centre and the States