- Peroxyacetyl nitrate is a
(1) Acidic dye
(2) Plant hormone
(4) Secondary pollutant
- Which of the following river does not originate in Indian territory ?
- To whom the line 'A thing of beauty is a joy for ever' is attributed ?
(1) William Wordsworth
(2) John Keats
(3) Dr. Charles Dickens
(4) Dr. Jonathan Swift
- The birthday of which of the following leaders is celebrated as 'Teachers' Day' in India ?
(1) Lala Lajpat Rai
(2) Dr. Rajendra Prasad
(3) S. Radhakrishnan
(4) C. Rajgopalachari
- The award given for outstanding performance in sports is
(1) Dronacharya Award
(2) Bharat Ratna
(3) Padma Shri Award
(4) Arjuna Award
- Which hill station's name means 'place of the thunderbolt' ?
- The maximum fixation of solar energy is done by
(4) Green plants
- The term 'brown air' is used for
(1) Acid fumes
(2) Photochemical smog
(3) Sulphurous smog
(4) Industrial smog
- Which of the following is FALSE with respect to rain water harvesting ?
(1) It is a device of water conservation.
(2) It helps raising water table.
(3) It helps meet rising water demand.
(4) It increases run-off losses.
- Where was the first conference of SAARC (South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation) held ?
(3) New Delhi
- Which among the following is not a Bretton Woods Institution ?
(1) None of these
(2) International Monetary Fund (IMF)
(3) World Bank
(4) Organisation of Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD)
- Equilibrium price in the market is determined by the
(1) equality between marginal cost and average cost.
(2) equality between total cost and total revenue.
(3) equality between average cost and average revenue.
(4) equality between marginal cost and marginal revenue.
- In the national context which of the following indicates Macro Approach ?
(1) Inflation in India.
(2) Sales of Bata Shoe Company
(3) Exports of Mangoes to UK
(4) Income from Railways.
- Internal economies
(1) arise when there is expansion in an industry.
(2) arise in an economy as it makes progress.
(3) accrue to a firm when it expands its output.
(4) arise when there is expansion in internal trade.
- The ship building yard-Mazgaon Dock is located at
- Electric current is measured using which of the following instrument ?
- 'Agha Khan Cup' is related with which of the following sport event ?
(4) Table Tennis
- The legislature gains a priority over the executive in
(1) A Presidential Government
(2) A Federal Government
(3) An Authoritarian Government
(4) A Parliamentary Government
- The legislature in a democratic country can influence public opinion by
(1) Focusing attention on public issues
(2) Granting rights
(3) Enacting non-controversial laws
(4) Defining the duties of the citizens
- If the President wants to resign from his office, he may do so by writing to the
(1) Speaker of Lok Sabha
(2) Vice President
(3) Chief Justice of India
(4) Prime Minister
- Which of the following is not a Union Territory ?
(1) Dadra and Nagar Haveli
- The greatest king of the Pratihara dynasty was
(2) Bhoj (Mihir-Bhoj)
(4) Nagbhatta II
- One of the features of a free market economy is
(1) active state intervention
(2) public ownership of factors of production
(3) rationing and price control
(4) consumer's sovereignty
- Gross National Product - Depreciation Allowance = ?
(1) Per Capita Income
(2) Gross Domestic Product
(3) Personal Income
(4) Net National Product
- The Panchayat Samiti remains accountable for its functions to
(1) Janpad Panchayats
(2) The Gram Panchayats and Gram Sabhas
(3) Zilla Parishads
(4) Anchal Panchayats
- Which one of the following pair is not correctly matched ?
(I) Harshvardhan - Hiuen Tsang
(2) Akbar - Todarmal
(3) Chanakya - Chandragupta
(4) Vikramaditya - Chaitanya
- The South-East trade winds are attracted towards the Indian subcontinent in the rainy season due to
(1) the development of cyclone over the equator
(2) the effect of easterlies
(3) the effect of Northern-East trade winds
(4) the presence of low atmospheric pressure over North-West India
- The 'graded profile' of a river course is a
(1) smooth curve from source to mouth.
(2) smooth curve in the upper course.
(3) smooth curve in the middle course.
(4) smooth curve in the lower course.
- Sink hole is a phenomenon of ..................topography.
- Kerala is famous for the cultivation of
(1) 1, 2 and 3
(2) 1, 2 and 4
(3) 2, 3 and 4
(4) 1 and 4
- In 1939 Subhash Chandra Bose was elected as President of the Congress Party defeating
(1) Pattabhi Sitharamayya
(2) Jawaharlal Nehru
(3) Maulana Abul .Kalam Azad
(4) VB Patel
- Jallianwala incident took place at
- Who was the founder of Lodhi dynasty ?
(1) Daulat Khan Lodhi
(2) Sikandar Lodhi
(3) Bahlol Lodhi
(4) Ibrahim Lodhi
- Allantois of Embryo helps in
- Which one of the following animals belongs to mollusca ?
- Outside the nucleus DNA is found in
( I) Golgi bodies
(4) Endoplasmic reticulum
- Animal protein is called first class protein because it is
(1) easily digestible
(2) delicious in taste
(3) cheaper in the market
(4) rich in essential amino acids
- It is easy to burst a gas-filled balloon with a neelde than
with a nail. It is because
(1) nail is more longer than needle.
(2) nail exerts more pressure than needle on the balloon.
(3) needle exerts more pressure than nail on the balloon.
(4) gas is reactive with the needle.
- The longest continental Railway in the world is
(1) Trans Atlantic Railway
(2) Trans Siberian Railway
(3) Canadian Pacific Railway
(4) Canadian National Railway
- Photoperiodism affects
(1) All of these
(3) Vegetative growth
- Match the following :
A. Ascorbic 1. Photosynthetic
B. Chlorophyll 2. Quencher
C. Carotenoid 3. Enzyme
D. Superoxide 4. Vitamin-C
dismutase A B C D
(1) 4 1 2 3
(2) 4 2 1 3
(3) 2 4 1 3
(4) 4 1 3 2
- What is used to identify whether a data word has an odd or even number of l's ?
(1) Carry bit
(2) Sign bit
(3) Zero bit
(4) Parity bit
- Rearranging and allocating space in memory to provide for multiple computing tasks is called
(4) Memory Management
- What happens when a drop of glycerol is added to crushed KMnO, spread on a paper ?
(1) There is a crackling sound.
(2) There is a violent explosion.
(3) There is no reaction.
(4) The paper ignites.
- Most commonly used bleaching agent is
(1) Sodium chloride
(3) Carbon dioxide
- The least penetrating power ray is
- Hydrogen peroxide is an effective sterilizing agent. Which one of the following product results when it readily loses active oxygen?
(1) Nascent Hydrogen
- The velocity of sound in moist air is more than in dry air because the moist air has
(1) less density than dry air.
(2) less pressure than dry air.
(3) more pressure than thy air.
(4) more density than dry air.
- X-rays can be used
(1) for cutting and welding of metals.
(2) to detect heart diseases.
(3) to detect defects in precious stones and diamonds.
(4) to detect gold under the earth.
- Ice is packed in saw dust because
(1) saw dust will not get melted easily.
(2) saw dust is poor conductor of heat.
(3) saw dust is a good conductor of heat.
(4) saw dust does not stick to the ice.