GENERAL AWARENESS ( SSC CHSL (10+2) LDC, DEO & PA/SA EXAM, 06-12-2015 (2nd Sitting) – Previous Year Paper )
- The most suitable soil for the production of cotton is :
(1) Black lava soil
(2) Alluvial soil
(3) Loamy soil
(4) Well drained soil
- In which region of electromagnetic spectrum does the Lyman series of hydrogen atom lie ?
- Perfectly inelastic demand is equal to :
(4) Greater than one
- Among the following which country has the highest life expectancy ?
- A light wave is incident over a plane surface with velocity x. After reflection the velocity becomes :
- Who has been named ICC World Cup 2015 Ambassador?
(1) Allan Robert Border
(2) Sachin Tendulkar
(3) Sir Issac Vivian Alexander Richards
(4) Sanath Teran Jayasuriya
- In a reaction of the type A+B → C+D one could ensure it to be a first order reaction by :
(1) Increasing the temperature
(2) Increasing the concentration of a product
(3) Increasing the concentration of a reactant
(4) Adding a catalyst
- The largest producer of Lignite in India is :
(2) Tamil Nadu
- Impeachment Proceedings against the President for violation of the Constitution can be intiated in :
(1) Either House of Parliament
(2) The Lok Sabha
(3) The Rajya Sabha
(4) The Supreme Court
- Who is the first woman IPS officer in India ?
(1) Sarojini Naidu
(2) Kiran Bedi
(3) Indira Gandhi
(4) Bachendri Pal
- In operationg system, Round Robin Scheduling means :
(1) A kind of scheduling
(2) Repetition policy
(3) A memory allocation policy
(4) A process allocation policy
- The opening ceremony of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 was held on 12 February 2015 in which cities of New Zealand and Australia ?
(1) Wellington and Sydney
(2) Christchurch and Melbourne
(3) Napier and Adelaide
(4) Hamilton and Perth
- Lender of the Last Resort is :
- Stalactites and Stalagmites form due to the precipitation of :
- Which Indian newspaper has the largest readership ?
(1) The Dainik Jagran
(2) Indian Express
(3) The Malayala Manorama
(4) The Hindu
- Soldering of two metals is possible because of the property of :
(4) Surface tension
- Chromosome designation of Turner sydrome is :
- Which day is celebrated as International Yoga Day ?
(1) July 21
(2) April 23
(3) Septt inber 21
(4) June 21
- December 1 is celebrated as :
(1) Indian Navy Day
(2) UNICEF Day
(3) World AIDS Day
(4) Children’s Day
- The five key indicators of global climate change of our planet are :
(1) Antartic Sea ice, Oxygen, Rainfall, Drought and Sea level
(2) Sea-level, Rising temperatures, Rainfall, Nitrogen and Arctic Sea ice
(3) Arctic Sea ice, Carbon dioxide, Global Temperature, Sea level and Land ice.
(4) None of these
- Which one of the following tribes practices pastoral nomadism ?
- The 73rd Constitutional amendment act is related to :
(1) Foreign Exchange
(2) Finance Commission
(3) Panchayat Raj
- An electrochemical cell which is used as a source of direct electrical current at constant voltage under standard conditions is called a :
(1) Power transmittor
(3) Uninterrupted power supply (UPS)
- Which state of India has made rain water harvesting compulsory for all houses ?
(3) Tamil Nadu
- FORTRAN is called :
(1) Formula Translator
(2) Format Translator
(3) File Translator
(4) Floppy Translator
- Who among the following is not a Bharatanatyam dancer?
(1) Leela Samson
(2) Sonal Mansingh
(3) Sitara Devi
(4) Geeta Ramachandran
- The area reserved for the welfare of wild life is called :
(3) National Park
(4) Botanical garden
- The biggest oil spill in world history took place in the :
(1) Mediterrarean Sea
(2) Caspian Sea
(3) Persian Gulf
(4) South China Sea
- In 2010 a newspaper published its 70,000th issue. Which was the newspaper ?
(1) The Oxford Gazette
(2) The Times of London
(3) The Washington Post
(4) The Hindustan Times
- The famous activist Medha Patakar is associated with which movement ?
(1) Beti Padao Andolan
(2) Narmda Bachao Andolan
(3) Preserve the wet lands
(4) Save the Tiger
- Whose army did Alexander, the Greek ruler confront on the banks of the river Jhelum ?
(1) Chandragupta Maurya
- Distant objects are visible as a little out of focus in this condition :
- Which of the following is the right expansion of ILO ?
(1) International Law and Order
(2) Inter-State Lawful Ordinance
(3) Indian Legal Orientation
(4) International Labour Organization
- Ryder Cup is a famous tournament of :
(1) Lawn Tennis
- The National Green Tribunal deals with cases relating to :
(1) Issues relating to protection and conservation of historical monuments.
(2) Civil cases
(3) Criminal offences
(4) Environmental protection and conservation of forests.
- Maximum oxygen is available from :
(2) Green forests
(3) Grass lands
- Kanha National Park is located in :
(2) Madhya Pradesh
(3) Andhra Pradesh
(4) Tmil Nadu
- Sex-ratio is calculated as :
(1) No. of children per 1,000 people in a Country.
(2) No. of males per 1,000 females in a Country.
(3) No. of females per 1,000 males in a Country.
(4) No. of people per 1,000 children in a Country.
- Project tiger programme was launched in:
- Who built “Purana Quilla” ?
- Where did Chandragupta Mau-rya spent his last days ?
- Which of the following is a form of sexual reproduction:
- Who is the author of `Indica’ ?
(4) Hiuen Tsang
- The gas dissolved in water that makes it basic is :
(2) sulphur dioxide
(4) carbon dioxide
- When was RTI Act enacted in India ?
(1) 15th June, 2005
(2) 15th August, 2005
(3) 15th March, 2005
(4) 15th July, 2005
- Who wrote `Discovery of India’?
(1) Mahatama Gandhi
(2) Jawahar Lal Nehru
(3) APJ Abdul Kalam
(4) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
- Who was the first Secretary General of U.N.O. ?
(1) Dag Hammarskjold
(2) Kurt Waldheim
(4) Trygve Lie
- Who was the First Speaker of the Lok Sabha ?
(1) Neelam Sanjeeva Reddy
(2) Hukum Singh
(3) Ganesh Vasudev Maviankar
(4) K.S. Hegde
- The redness in atmosphere at Sunrise and Sunset is due to :
(1) Refraction of light
(2) Reflection of light
(3) Dispersion of light
(4) Scattering of light
- Yellow complexion, Medium stature, Oblique eye with an epicanthic fold are the char – acterstic features of