- If a film is operating at loss in the short-period in perfect combination, it should :
(1) decrease the production and the price.
(2) increase the production and the price
(3) continue to operate as long as it covers even the variable costs.
(4) shut-down and leave the industry
- For which one of the following commissions, there is no provision in the Indian Constitution ?
(1) Election Commission
(2) Finance Commission
(3) Planning Commission
(4) Union Public Service Commission
- Which one of the following statements about PYROLYSIS, which is a process for solid waste treatment is incorrect?
(1) It converts the waste into solid, liquid and gas of which the resultant liquid and gas can be used to produce energy.
(2) The process occurs at a temperature above 430°C at atmospheric pressure.
(3) The process occurs under high pressure at temperature above 430° C.
(4) It is a thermochemical decomposition of organic waste
- Which Sultan received a robe of honour from the caliph ?
(1) Ala-ud-din Khilji
(4) Qutub-ud-din Aibak
- Sugathakumari chosen for the award of the Saraswati Sam-man 2012 is an eminent poetess in
- Which one of the following is not a line of demarcation between two countries?
(1) International Date Line
(2) MacMahon Line
(3) Radcliffe Line
(4) Durand Line
- Which of the following supports particle nature of photons ?
(3) Photoelectric effect
- Which country won the Sultan Azlan Shah Hockey tournament in Malaysia in March 2013?
(2) New Zealand
- The heaviest naturally occurring element is:
- Which of the following is not an operating system ?
(1) Multi user-Single tasking
(2) Single user- Single tasking
(3) Single user-Multitasking
(4) Multi user-Multitasking
- Which one of the following languages is not specified in the Eighth schedule of the Indian Constitution ?
- Haptens are:
(2) Incomplete antigens
- Which state in India occupies the same ranking position in respect of area and population?
- Sulphur dioxide bleaches colouring matter by :
- Which of the following elements is not radio-active ?
- Wilting of plants occurs due to excessive :
(2) Guttati on
- Gypsum is used for improvement of:
(1) Alkaline soils
(2) Saline soils
(4) Acidic soils
- Which of the following is an indirect tax ?
(1) Capital Gains Tax
(2) Excise Duty
(3) Wealth Tax
(4) Estate Duty
- Indicate the correct arrangement for electromagnetic radiation in order of their increasing wavelength.
(1) Microwave, infrared, visible. X-rays
(2) X -rays, visible, infrared, microwave
(3) Visible, infrared, microwave, X-rays
(4) X - rays, infrared, visible, microwave .
- Where was the Fifth BRICS Summit hosted by South Africa in March 2013?
(4) Cape Town
- Lake formed in a cut off river, meander is called:
(1) Playa Lake
(2) Meteoric Lake
(3) Ox-Bow Lake
(4) Crater Lake
- The rapidly growing mass of phytoplankton covering the surface water of a lake or pond is known as:
(2) Water bloom
(3) Water pollution
(4) Water hyacinth
- Which is the leading state in India in "Ship Breaking" industry ?
(1) Tamil Nadu
(4) West Bengal
- The telephone line is connected through the................. on the computer.
- In the nuclear reactors, moderators are used to :
(1) Accelerate neutrons
(2) Absorb the neutrons
(3) Slow down the neutrons
(4) Generate neutrons
- When Margaret Thatcher was P.M. with which country Britain waged a war to regain control of Falkland Islands ?
(4) None of the above
- Match the following
(1) (a)-(ii), (b)-(iv), (c)-(i), (d)-(iii)
(2) (a)-(iv), (b)-(iii), (c)-(i), (d)-(ii)
(3) (a)-(1), (d)-(iv)
(4) (b)-(ii), (c)- (iv), (d)-(i)
- Wings of birds are:
(1) Modified hind limbs
(2) New structure
(3) Integumentary outgrowth
(4) Modified fore limbs
- The world's tallest statue of Mahatma Gandhi is in
- Which one of the following is the principal source of information on Asoka's campaign against Kalinga ?
(1) Pillar Edict VII
(4) Rock Edict XIII
- Gandhi's concept of Trusteeship:
(1) Recognises right of private ownership of property
(2) Transforms the capitalistic society into an egalitarian one
(3) Excludes legislative regulation of the ownership and use of wealth
(4) Does not fix minimum or maximum income
- Spontaneous change is one in there is:
(1) A lowering of entropy
(2) A lowering of free energy
(3) Increase in free energy
(4) An increase in Internal energy
- Among the following states, which one has adopted the "Neem" tree as the state tree ?
(2) Tamil Nadu
(4) Andhra Pradesh
- Contour line is the imaginary line joining places of equal :
- Who is the Chairperson of the National Green Tribunal ?
(1) Justice J. S. Verma
(2) Justice Swatantra Kumar
(3) Justice K.G. Balakrishnan
(4) Justice Markandey Singh
- Which is the first state in India to enact the Food Security Act ?
(3) Tamil Nadu
- Which article of the Indian Constitution provides for equal opportunities for all citizen in Public employment ?
- Sandstone is metamorphosed to :
- Taxes on professions can be levied by :
(1) State government only
(2) both by state and union government
(3) by panchayats only
(4) Union government only
- Which one of the following is opposite to democratic state ?
- Which one is not a function of money ?
(1) Transfer of value
(2) Store of value
(3) Price stabilisation
(4) Value measurement
- Instrument used to study the behaviour of a vibrating string is :
- Match the following :
(a) Hunter's Commission
(b) Wardha Scheme
(c) University's Act
(d) Radhakrishnan Commission
(1) (a)-(iii), (b)-(ii), (c)-(iv), (d)-(i)
(2) (a)-(iv), (b)-(ii), (c)-(iii), (d)-(i)
(3) (a)-(iii) (b)-(iv), (c)-(i), (d)-(ii)
(4) (a)-(iv), (c)-(ii), (d)-(i)
- The casual organism of Polio is :
(1) A fungi
(2) A virus
(3) A worm
(4) A bacteria
- Panda belongs to the same family as that
- "Closed Economy" means:
(1) no provision for public sector
(2) no provision for private sector
(3) economy policy not well defined
(4) a country having no imports and exports
- The Gandhara art flourished under :
(1) the Kushanas
(2) the Satavahanas
(3) the Guptas
(4) the Mauryas
- At "Break-even point",
(1) the industry is in equilibrium in the long-run.
(2) the producers suffers the minimum losses
(3) the seller earns maximum profit
(4) the firm is at zero-profit point
- Who said : "Where there is no law, there is no freedom"?
- Which one of the following statements about the Chief Justice of India (CJI) is not correct ?
(1) He appoints the Chief Justice of all High Courts.
(2) The WI administers the oath of office to the President
(3) When both the offices of the President and Vice-President fall vacant simultaneously, the WI discharges the duties of the President.
(4) The WI can hold his office till he attains the age of 65 years.