GENERAL AWARENESS ( SBI Clerk ( Assistnat ) Online Exam, 08-02-2015- Previous Year Paper)
- The Minister for Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises in the revamped Union Council of
(1) Shri Ramvilas Paswan
(2) Shri Anant Kumar
(3) Shri J P Nadda
(4) Shri Anant Geete
(5) Shri Kalraj Mishra
- The theme of the 102nd edition of the Indian Science Congress 2015 recently held in Mumbai was
(1) Power of science is all around us
(2) Science and Technology for Sustainable Development
(3) Recreating interest in Basic science
(4) Science and Technology for nation building
(5) Science and Technology for Human Development
- Kudankulam project is lozcated in which state ?
(5) Tamil Nadu
- The 'Vibrant Gujarat' summit 2015 was recently held in...............
- 'Ajinkya Rahane' is associated with the game of..................
(4) Women Hockey
- Chairperson of the NM (National Institution for Transforming India) Aayog formed by the Government of India to replace the erstwhile Planning Commission is....................
(1) Sindhu Shree Khullar
(2) Shri Arvind Panaganya
(3) Shri Arun Jaitley
(4) Shri Narendra Modi
(5) Shri Montek Singh Ahluwalia
- 1n case of mutual funds the expense ratio measures the per unit cost of managing a fund. It is calculated by dividing the fund by
(1) Profit per unit
(2) Total income from assets
(3) Total liabilities
(4) Expenses per unit
(5) Assets under management
- The International Hindi Conference with the theme of 'Expanding World of Hindi Possibilities and Challenges' would be held between April 3-5, 2015 in................
(1) Durban, South Africa
(2) Kyoto, Japan
(3) Mumbai, India
(4) New Jersey, USA
(5) Saint Petersburg, Russia
- The recently re-launched 'Varishtha Pension Bima Yoj ana' administered by the LIC will be available from August 15, 2014 to.......................
(1) March 31, 2015
(2) December 31, 2015
(3) April 1, 2015
(4) August 14, 2015
(5) March 31, 2016
- The trading of a company's stock or other securities by individuals with access to nonpublic information about the company with an objective of making illegal gains is known as...................
(1) Cross Trading
(2) Insider Trading
(3) Forward Trading
(4) Curb Trading
(5) Circular Trading
- As per the RBI guidelines the White Label ATM operators are required to maintain at all times minimum net worth of
(1) Rs. 350 crore
(2) Rs. 250 crore
(3) Rs. 500 crore
(4) Rs. 400 crore
(5) Rs. 100 crore
- The 2016 NATO summit is scheduled to take place in
(1) Chicago, USA
(2) Lisbon, Portugal
(3) Other than those given as options
(4) Brussels, Belgium
(5) Warsaw, Poland
- The first bullet train is to be run between which of the following cities ?
(1) Mumbai — Ahmedabad
(2) Delhi — Mumbai
(3) Mumbai — Goa
(4) Delhi — Agra
(5) Delhi — Jaipur
- In USA the third Monday of January each year is an American federal holiday and the day is marked as the ...................
(1) Abraham Lincoln Day
(2) Benjamin Franklin Day
(3) George Washington Day
(4) Martin Luther King Jr. Day
(5) John F. Kennedy Day
- The World Diamond Conference was held recently in
- Nirmal Bharat Abhiyan (NBA) is a Community led total sanitation programme initiated by the Government of India. The campaign ambassador for Nirrnal Bharat Abhiyan is...............
(1) Priyanka Chopra
(2) Aamir Khan
(3) Amitabh Bachchan
(4) Sachin Tendulkar
(5) Vidya Balan
- National Energy Conservation Day is celebrated every year on
(1) 24th December
(2) 14th November
(3) 14th October
(4) 14th December
(5) 24th November
- Who amongst the following has recently been identified to act as the brand ambassador for health sector in Andhra Pradesh ?
(1) Naseeruddin Shah
(2) Madhuri Dbdt
(3) Amitabh Bachchan
(4) Katrina Kaif
(5) Om Puri
- The abbreviation 'NAV' stands for
(1) Nominal Average Value
(2) National Average Value
(3) Net Asset Value
(4) Net Asset Volume
(5) Net Average Value
- The Mahatma Gandhi Setu also called Gandhi Setu or Ganga Setu is a bridge over the river Ganges connecting..............
(1) Kolkata and Howrah
(2) Bandra and Worli in Mumbai
(3) Patna and Hajipur
(4) Rameshwaram Island with mainland of India
(5) Allahabad with Naini
- In the absence of comprehensive database of tea gardens and socio-economic condition of workers UNICEF has decided to prepare a Tea Atlas' in the Indian State of......................
(4) West Bengal
(5) Himachal Pradesh
- Who amongst the following is the non-executive Chairman of the Board of Directors of the ICICI Bank Limited ?
(1) Shrimati Shyamala Gopinath
(2) Shri K V Kamath
(3) Shri Deepak Parekh
(4) Shri Aditya Puri
(5) Shrimati Chanda Kochhar
- The population of India in 2011 has been estimated to be 1.21 billion, comprising 624 million male and .......
(1) 647 million females
(2) 617 million females
(3) 587 million females
(4) 657 million females
(5) 627 million females
- Which of the following is a tool for temporary cash management used by the Central/State governments to tide over temporary mismatches ?
(1) Ways and Means Advances (WMA)
(2) Inflation Indexed Bonds (11B)
(3) Open Market Operations (OMO)
(4) Marginal Liquidity Facility (MLF)
(5) Liquidity Adjustment Facility (LAF)
- Russia and four other ex-Soviet nations have completed the creation of a new economic alliance The Eurasian Economic Union (EEU). Which of the following nations is not a part of this alliance ?
- Vienna' is the capital and largest city of ................
(1) Slovak Republic
(2) Republic of Austria
(3) Federal Republic of Germany
(4) Republic of Poland
(5) Republic of Hungary
- The Mubadala World Tennis Championships held in January 2015 in Abu Dhabi was won by
(1) Heather Watson
(2) Novak Djokovic
(3) Andy Murray
(4) Marin Celich
(5) Kei Nishikori
- Which of the following has been named as the 'Business Person of the Year' for 2014 by the Fortune Magazine ?
(1) Former FedEx Chairman and CEO Fred Smith
(2) Google CEO Larry Page
(3) Apple's CEO Tim Cook
(4) Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg
(5) Alibaba Co-founder Jack Ma
- Who among the following is the chairperson of the Planning Commission ?
(1) Arun Jaitley
(2) Rajnath Singh
(3) Nitin Gadkari
(4) Sushma Swaraj
(5) Narendra Modi
- Patrick Modiano has been awarded the 2014 Nobel Prize for
- The Index 'CNX Nifty' also called 'Nifty 50' is a benchmark stock market index for
(1) Singapore stock market
(2) Shanghai stock market
(3) Indian equity market
(4) American stock market
(5) Japanese stock market
- The abbreviation 'PIO' stands for
(1) Public of Indian Origin
(2) Passport of Indian Origin
(3) Person of Indian Origin
(4) Pensioners of Indian Origin
(5) People of Indian Origin
- Under a contractionary money policy the RBI raises the interest rates to....................
(1) Increase level of Employment
(2) Boost money supply in the economy
(3) Control Inflation
(4) Deal with sluggish economic conditions
(5) Boost up Economic Growth
- Which of the following organizations issues the RuPay card?
- Boundary Line between Pakistan and Afghanistan is known as......................
(1) Radcliffe line
(2) Hindenburg Line
(3) Macmohan Line
(4) Durand Line
(5) Mason-Dixen Line
- The Government of India has launched 'Mission Indra Dhanush' that aims to immuniseall children by the year 2020, against...............
(1) Three vaccine preventable diseases
(2) Five vaccine preventable diseases
(3) Four vaccine preventable diseases
(4) Nine vaccine preventable diseases
(5) Seven vaccine preventable diseases
- The chief regulator of the 'commodity futures' market in India is.........................
( I) General Insurance Corporation of India
(2) Forward Markets Commission (FMC)
(3) Reserve Bank of India
(4) Securities and Exchange Board of India
(5) Clearing Corporation of India
- What is the full form of NEFT ?
(1) National Electronics Funds Transfer
(2) National Electronics File Transfer
(3) National Elected Fund Transfer
(4) National Elected File Transfer
(5) Non Electronic Fund Transfer
- The 'Emmy Awards' recognise excellence in....................
(1) The Theatre Industry
(2) The Music Industry
(3) The Tefevision Industry
(4) Athletics and Sports
(5) Literature and Arts
- BCSBI is an autonomous and independent body set up by the
(1) Government of India (GOI)
(2) Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)
(3) The Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
(4) Indian Banks' Association (IBA)
(5) Financial Sector Legislative Reforms Commission (FSLRC)