GENERAL AWARENESS ( SBI Associates Clerk Exam, 14-10-2012 (2nd sitting) – Previous Year Paper)
Other Important Links
Bank Exams Study Material
- Video Lectures
- IBPS PO Previous Papers
- IBPS Clerk Previous Papers
- SBI PO Previous Papers
- SBI Clerk Previous Papers
- RBI Officer Grade B Previous Papers
- RRB PO Previous Papers
- RRB Officer Assistant Previous Papers
SSC Study Material
- SSC CGL Previous Papers
- SSC CHSL Previous Papers
- SSC Notes in Hindi
- Which of the following games is NOT included in Olympic games?
(5) Table Tennis
- ‘PVR’ is the name of a leading
(1) Retail Store Chain
(2) Trousers Brand
(3) Fast Food Restaurants
(4) Casual Footwear Chain
(5) Multiplex Chain Operator
- Who amongst the following is the Solicitor General of India at present ?
(1) Rohinton Narixnan
(2) Harish Salve
(3) Abhiselch Manu Singhvi
(4) Ram Jethmalani
(5) None of these
- The Finance Bill 2012-13 gave the Income Tax Department powers to revive its Rs. 11,128 crore tax demand on –
(1) Bharti Airtel
(2) Tata Indicom
(3) Idea Cellular
- Which of the following awards is given only to individuals and organisations of Asian countries for excellence in their respective fields ?
(1) Booker Prize
(2) Nobel Prize
(3) Templeton Prize
(4) Ramon Magsaysay Award
(5) Oscar Awards
- Who from amongst the following is the founder of ‘Facebook’ ?
(1) Steve Jobs
(2) Steve James
(3) Sabeer Bhatla
(4) Mark Zuckerberg
(5) Bill Gates
- Which is the TOP Gold producing country in the world ?
(1) Saudi Arabia
- Which Indian City is known as the ‘Garden City ?
- Who among the following Indian Contestants in the 2012 London Olympics 10 metre air rifle event won a bronze medal ?
(1) Gagan Narang
(2) Vijay Kumar
(3) Sushil Kumar
(4) Parupali Kashyap
(5) Amit Kumar
- Which of the following is a professional group for Twenty20 cricket championship, initiated by the Board of Control for Cricket in India ?
(1) Indian Cricket League (ICL)
(2) International Cricket League (ICL)
(3) Indian Premier League (IPL)
(4) Cricket Club of India (CCI)
(5) Indian Premium League (IPL)
- Who amongst the following is the author of the English novel The White Tiger’ ?
(1) Kiran Desai
(2) V.S. Naipaul
(3) Shashi Tharoor
(4) Shobha De
(5) Aravind Adiga
- Manesar, which was recently in news is a town in –
(1) Himachal Pradesh
- Who is the author of the book ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ ?
(1) Jeffery Archer
(2) Norman Lewis
(3) E L James
(4) Edward Klein
(5) Shashi Deshpande
- Rockefeller Foundation has recently conferred a lifetime achievement award for innovation into business models upon
(1) Anil Dhirubhai Ambani
(2) Barack Obama
(3) General V.K.Singh
(4) Narendra Modi
(5) Ratan N. Tata
- Under the RTI Act the time for disposal of request for information in cases concerning life and liberty is –
(1) 30 days
(2) 15 days
(3) 10 days
(4) 7 days
(5) 48 hours
- Which of the following awards has recently been conferred upon Shri D.R. Mehta for outstanding contribution towards the promotion of communal harmony, peace and goodwill ?
(1) Rajiv Gandhi Global Excellence Award 2012
(2) Rajiv Gandhi Memorial National Award 2012
(3) Rajiv Gandhi Quality Award 2012
(4) Rajiv Gandhi National Sadbhavana Award 2012
(5) Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award 2012
- United States Atomic Energy Act 1954 establishes an agreement of cooperation as a prerequisite for nuclear deals between US and any other nation. Such an agreement is popularly known as
(1) Agreement of Cooperation
(3) PL 480
(4) A to Z Agreement
(5) Nuclear Deal
- Which of the following sportsman recently clinched the French Open Singles Title for the seventh time in his life time ?
(1) Roger Federer
(2) Rafael Nadal
(3) Novak Djokovic
(4) Robin Soderling
(5) Martin Verkerk
- World ‘No Tobacco Day’ is observed every year on –
(1) 31st January
(2) 31st May
(3) 31st July
(4) 31st October
(5) 31st December
- Which of the following is the name of a Chinese spacecraft ?
(1) Apollo 18
- Commonwealth Games 2014 shall be held at –
(4) Gold Coast
- Which of the following is NOT a Consumer Right as per Consumer Protection Act 1986?
(1) Right to Consumer Education
(2) Right to seek Redressal
(3) Right to Safety
(41 Right to be informed
(5) Right to Negotiate
- Which of the following is a book authored by Shri Pranab Mukherjee ?
(1) The Inheritance of Loss
(2) The Argumentative Indian
(3) Beyond Survival: Emerging Dimensions of Indian Economy
(4) The Family and the Nation
(5) None of these
- For management of natural resources the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has successfully operationalised –
(1) Indian Remote Sensing Satellite (IRS)
(2) Indian National Satellite (IN-SAT)
(3) Geostationary Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV)
(4) Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV)
(5) None of these
- Which of the following is a power generating company ?
- Which of the following Indian states has topped as the fastest growing state with a striking 13.1% growth in 2011-12?
(4) Tamil Nadu
- Which of the following is NOT a Public Sector Bank ?
(1) Corporation Bank
(2) United Bank of India
(3) Vijaya Bank
(4) Bank of Maharashtra
(5) Federal Bank
- A form of intentional weather modification by changing to trying the amount or type of precipitation that falls from clouds by dispersing substances into air that serve as cloud condensation is called—
(1) Cloud Computing
(2) Cloud Technology
(3) Cloud Seeding
(4) Cloud Control
(5) Cloud Engineering
- Who amongst the following cricketers has been chosen as the ‘Event Ambassador’ by the International Cricket Council (ICC) for the World Cup Twenty 20 Championships to be held in September-October 2012?
(1) Lasith Malinga
(3) T M Dilshan
(4) Sachin Tendulkar
(5) Dinesh Chandimal
- Which of the following birds has been declared as the ‘State Bird’ by the Government of Delhi State ?
(3) House Sparrow
- ‘CHALLENGER’ is the name of a
(2) Nuclear Weapon
(4) Space Shuttle
(5) Automobile Brand
- Which of the following is India’s largest trading partner in the world ?
- The North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO) is headquartered at –
(1) Camp David, Maryland USA
(3) New York
- Which of the following is the abbreviated name of a rural sports initiative introduced by the Government of India to promote youth and social development through sports ?
- Who from amongst the following persons is a former Governor of RBI ?
(1) Shri P Chidambaram
(2) Shri Yashwant Sinha
(3) Shri Pranab Mukherjee
(4) Shri Man Mohan Singh
(5) None of these
- A new scheme has been announced in the Budget 2012-13 giving tax exemptions to first time equity market investors. The scheme is titled as –
(1) Rajiv Gandhi Equity Savings Scheme
(2) Rashtriya Equity Savings Scheme
(3) National Equity Savings Scheme
(4) Indira Gandhi Equity Savings Scheme
(5) Prime Minister’s Equity Savings Scheme
- Which of the following countries is expected to become the world’s second largest producer of crude steel by 2015?
- Which of the following Asian countries has recently announced a scheme for dual citizenship on May 16,2012?
(3) Sri Lanka
- Who from amongst the following has recently been appointed as the Chairman of Telecom Regulatory Authority of India?
(1) V.S. Sampath
(2) Rahn] Kin illar
(3) Sanjay Arya
(4) D K Mittal
(5) Navin Chawla
- The Central Board of Direct Taxes has made e-filing of income-tax returns mandatory for all assesses whose annual earnings exceed –
(1) 5 lakh during the fiscal
(2) 10 lakh during the fiscal
(3) 15 lakh during the fiscal
(4) 20 lakh during the fiscal
(5) 25 lakh during the fiscal