GENERAL AWARENESS (SBI Assistant & Stenographer Clerk Exam, 27-05-2012 ( 1st Sitting )- Previous Year Paper)
- Which of the following countries has decided to purchase 126 Rafale fighter aircrafts from France ?
- Which of the following diseases is considered as completely eradicated from India, as no case of the same is reported in last one year ?
(2) T. B.
(4) Swine flu
- Which of the following countries in India's neighbourhood is facing charges of violation of Human Rights of Tamilians living there ?
(1) Sri Lanka
- Which of the following is NOT an important function of Reserve Bank of India ?
(1) Management of Foreign Exchange Reserves
(2) Foreign Exchange related current and capital account management
(3) Devising Foreign Trade Policy of India
(4) Debt and Cash Management for State Governments
(5) Regulation of Government Securities
- Ms. Kamla Persad Bissessar who was on a visit to India recently is the present ................
(1) President of Trinidad & Tobago
(2) Prime Minister of Trinidad & Tobago
(3) President of Fiji
(4) Prime Minister of Fiji
(5) None of these
- Which of the following Statements pertaining to present economic situation of the world is/are True ?
(1) China and India are making very good progress on the economic front. Though India is a little slower than China.
(2) United Kingdom and almost all European nations are now out of economic crisis.
(3) United States has decided to give 3 lakh thousand US dollars to Iraq as a compensation for its unnecessary attack on it.
(4) As World Trade Organisation is abolished, countries are free to make their own economic cooperation treaties
(5) All are true
- India recently signed a Multilateral Convention on Mutual Administrative Assistance in Tax Matters. This will help India in having a strict check on which of the following issues ?
(1) Nuclear Safety of its plants
(2) Illegal supply of narcotics and drugs
(3) Balance of Trade
(4) Black money stashed abroad
(5) Border trade among SAARC nations
- Which of the following organisations of countries, at one of its crucial meetings in Belgium, in December 2011. had agreed to sign an Intergovernmental Fiscal Treaty ?
(3) European Union
- Business Corresponden Framework launched by the Reserve Bank of India is step in achieving which of the following ?
(1) Financial Inclusion
(2) Transparency in banking transactions
(3) Better control over cooperative/small banks
(4) Providing direct subsidy tc consumers of Public Dis. tribution System (PDS)
(5) None of these
- Immediately prior to Sr: Mukul Roy who among the following was the Railway Minister of India ?
(1) Dr. Manmohan Singh
(2) Sri Kamal Nath
(3) Ms. Mamta Banerjee
(4) Sri Rajiv Shukla
(5) Sri Dinesh Trivedi
- Nuclear Threat Initiative, the organisation which has compiled first ever index of security materials globally, is an agency based in................
- Who among the following waE. the Chief Guest at India's 63rd Republic Day (2012) function ?
(1) Kamla Persad Bissessar
(2) Yingluck Shinawatra
(3) David Cameron
(4) Hamid Karzai
(5) Sheikh Hasina
- The 160th meeting of the Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) was organised in December 2011 in—
- The first term of President Pratibha Patil in office will end in -
(1) July 2012
(2) June 2013
(3) January 2013
(4) July 2013
(5) January 2014
- India played Border -Gavaskar Test Series Cricket matches in January 2012 with -
(I) New Zealand
(4) South Africa
- Which of the following organisations has recommended that Financial Literacy should be made part of syllabus from High Schools itself ?
(1) Securities & Exchange Board of India (SEBI)
(2) Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
(3) Indian Bank's Association (IBA)
(4) National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD)
(5) State Bank of India
- Ranbir Kapoor won Best Actor Award in 57th Filmfare Award functions for his film
(1) Wake up Sid
(2) Rock Star
(3) Anjana Anjanee
(5) Rocket Singh : Salesman of the year
- Prime Minister of India was in I Russia on a three day visit in December 2011 to attend -
(1) G-20 Summit
(2) G-8 Summit
(3) Festival of India
(4) India - Russia Summit
- Who among the following is a Padma Bhushan Awardee of 2012?
(1) Anand Kumar
(2) Shiva Keshavan
(3) Vijay Zol
(4) Homi K. Bhabha
(5) Dipika Pallikal
- Which of the following days is observed as AIDS Day every year ?
(1) 10th March
(2) 1st December
(3) 10th December
(4) 1st November
(5) 1st March
- Who among the following won 12th Asian Shooting (Rifle) Championship organised in Doha in January 2012?
(1) Tao Wang
(2) Qinan Zhu
(3) Shriyanka Sadangi
(4) Anjali Bhagwat
(5) Abhinav Bindra
- Which of the following terms is used in the field of Economics ?
(2) Horse Power
(3) Relative Density
(5) Joule's Law
- Wasim Jaffer's name was in news recently. He is a well known
(2) Table Tennis player
(4) Golf player
(5) Cricket player
- Who among the following is the Chief Justice of India at present ?
(1) Justice Sujata Manohar
(2) Justice Altamas Kabir
(3) Justice G. S. Singhavi
(4) Justice S. H. Kapadia
(5) None of these
- Which of the following represents present Cash Reserve Ratio (CRR) ?
(5) None of these
- During 20th-22nd June 2012, the 'Earth Summit' will take place in -
(1) New York
(3) Rio de Janerio
(4) Washington DC
- Who among the following is one of the winners of Nobel Peace Prize for 2011 ?
(1) Edmund S. Phelps
(2) Akira Suzuki
(3) Tawakkul Karman
(4) Finn E. Kydland
(5) Richard F. Heck
- Which of the following Organisations is the Regulators of Stock Exchanges in India ?
- Which of the following schemes is launched by the Government of India to provide banking services in 73000 villages in India ?
(3) Kutir Jyoti
- What does the letttr 'D' denote in the term 'SDR'? (as used in Finance)
- Which of the following awards is given to Sports persons ?
(1) Kalidas Samman
(2) Saraswati Samman
(3) Ashok Chakra
(4) Arjuna Award
(5) Vyas Samman
- Who among the following is the President of France at present ?
(1) Mr. Dimitry Medvedev
(2) Mr. Nicolas Sarkozy
(3) Mr. Rupert Murdoch
(4) Mr. Silvio Berlusconi
(5) None of these
- Which of the following books is written by Kiran Desai ?
(1) A Brush With Life
(2) A Fortune Teller Told Me
(3) Black Arrow
(4) Catch - 22
(5) The Inheritance of Loss
- Which of the following cups/ trophies is associated with the game of Cricket ?
(1) Davis Cup
(2) Agha Khan Cup
(3) Wimbledon Cup
(4) Nehru Cup
(5) Ranji Trophy
- Russia is now a member of which f the following organisations and will be inducted .,iormally from 15th July 2012 ?
(3) UN Security Council
(4) World Trade Organisation
(5) OPEC -
- Total Gross NatiOnal Products divided by the total poptila7 tion is known as which of the following in Economics?
(1) Statutory Liquidity 12atio
(3) National Income
(5) Per Capitaincome
- Which of the following is a highlight of the Union Budget 2012-13 ?
(1) GDP growth projected at 9% level
(2) Direct Tax Bill to be introdueed in 2014-15
(3) FBI in, retail will be allowed from 2015
(4) Marginal increase in personal income tax limits
(5) No new scheme in Health sector will be launched
- Which of the following terms is used in the game of Football ?
(2) Cover Point
(4) Bull's Eye
(5) Half Nelson
- Which of the following combinations of the name of countries-and their capitals is NOT Correct ?
(1) Bangladesh — Dhaka
(2) Afghanistan — Kabul
(3) Canada — Ottawa
(4) China — Beijing
(5) Italy --- Milan
- Which of the following instruments is used to measure intensity of earthquakes ?