GENERAL AWARENESS (IBPS CLERK (Mains Exam), 01-01-2017 – Previous Year Paper)
- MMID is a seven digit number issued by banks for transfer of money. What does ‘I’ in MMID stand for ?
- Which of the following is an electronic transfer system that operates in hourly batches?
- In which of the following payment banks, the stakes are wholly owned by Government of India?
(3) Bandhan Bank
(5) FINI pay tech
- Rabobank is a multinational banking and financial services company. It is headquartered in:
- EFTPOS is an electronic payment system involving electronic fund transfer based on the use of payment cards, such as debit or credit cards, at ……………terminals located at points of sale.
- from Charm Sharmila is a political right activist and recently launched People’s Resurgence Justice Alliance in which of the following states?
(5) Arunachal Pradesh
- The maximum limit for foreign investment in India as per the guidelines of ‘on tap’ licensing drafted by RBI?
- The Global Citizen Fest was recently hosted in which of the following cities?
- India has signed a deal of 5,000/- crore to buy M777 howitzer artilleries from which of the following countries?
- The rate at which RBI lends to the commercial banks is called:
(1) Base Rate
(2) Repo Rate
(3) Reverse Repo Rate
- NFS is the largest network of shared automated teller machines (ATMs) in India and is run by which of the following organisation?
(1) Stock Holding Corporation of India Limited
(2) National Stock Exchange
- Who was the UAE-based Indian teenager that had recently won the International Peace Prize Award, 2016?
(1) Meghna Pant
(2) Vaidehi Reddy
(3) Abhishek Saharia
(4) Chhavi Kohli
(5) Kehkashan Basu
- Which of the following is theme for the United Nations’ International Day of Persons with Disabilities?
(1) Sustainable Development: The Promise of Technology
(2) Break Barriers, Open Doors: For an inclusive society and development for all
(3) Achieving 17 Goals for the future we want
(4) Inclusion matters: Access and empowerment for people of all abilities
(5) Together for a better world for all: Including persons with disabilities in development
- The RBI original share capital was divided into shares of 100 each fully paid, which were initially owned entirely by which of the following entities?
(1) Government of India
(2) British Government
(3) East India Company
(4) Public Shareholders
(5) Private Shareholders.
- The International Criminal Court is an intergovernmental organisation and international tribunal that is headquartered in which of the following countries?
- Local Area Banks were set up by the Government of India with jurisdiction over two or three contiguous ……………..
- India’s first banking robot Lakshmi to be launched by City Union Bank in which of the following cities?
- Which of the following is not included in market risk?
(1) Interest rate, risk
(2) Equity risk
(3) Currency risk
(4) Commodity risk
(5) Specific risk
- The author of the trilogy ‘TheImmortals of Meluha’ is ………………..
(1) Kavita Kane
(2) Amish Tripathi
(3) Amitav Ghosh
(4) Vikram Seth
(5) Gregbry Roberts
- The-Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary is located in the Indian State of :
(1) Tamil Nadu
(2) Jammu and Kashmir
- The Heart of Asia summit to discuss regional issues, particularly encouraging security, political and economical cooperation among Afghanistan and its neighbours was held in which of the following cities?
- The savings bank account which does not operate for more than 24 months, then the account is known as …………………………
(1) inactive account
(2) dormant account
(3) inaccessible account
(4) Demat account
(5) inoperative account
- Who was awarded the best actor award at the Asia Pacific Screen Awards 2016?
(1) Irfan Khan
(2) Manoj Bajpayee
(3) Nawazuddin Siddique
(4) Ahmed Al: Rokh
(5) David Puttnam
- Which of the following is a web based solution to facilitate interbank, high volume, electronic transactions which are repetitive and periodic in nature?
- What is the maximum period upto which NBFCs can accept deposit from the date of receipt of such deposit?
(1) 12 months
(2) 24 months
(3) 48 months
(4) 84 months
(5) 96 months
- Recently, RBI relaxed norms for 2-factor authentication for payments upto which of the following ?(1) Rs.2,000/-
- Dr. M. Balamurali Krishna recently passed away at the age of82 was a well known ……………….
(2) Carnatic singer
- Gobind Sagar Dam is a man-made reservoir situated in Bilaspur district. It is situated in ……………
(2) Uttar Pradesh
(4) Himachal Pradesh
(5) Jammu and Kashmir
- Commercial Paper (CP) is an unsecured money market instrument issued in the form of which of the following ?
(1) Treasury bills
(2) Certificate of deposit
(3) Bills of exchange
(4) Promissory note
(5) Bank note
- Asia’s first 207 km long cycling highway is inaugurated in theIndian State of ………..
(2) Madhya Pradesh
(3) Uttar Pradesh
- An opening ceremony of the Joint Training Exercise “Hand-inHand” held between India and………
- The World’s first Bollywood theme park has recently been opened in ………………….
(2) New York
(4) Hong Kong
- If a person provides proof of having applied for an officially valid document then the validity of the account is extended for how many months?
- Loans of very Khali amounts given to low-income groups or poor households is called………………. –
(1) Micro Credit
(2) Cash Credit
(3) Simple Overdraft
(4) Rural Credit
(5) No Frills Loan
- Which of the following companies has recently started a service to deliver cash at doorsteps through micro ATMs powered by the bank?
(5) Big Basket
- Which of the following microfinance institution is a Universal Bank?
(1) SKS Microfinance Private Limited
(2) Disha Microfinance Private Limited
(3) Arohan Financial Services Private Limited
(4) Bandhan Financial Services Private Limited
(5) Annapurna Private Limited
- The Small Finance Banks also known as Payment Bank are mandated to open how much percent of their branches in rural unbanked areas?
- Which of the following is the Executive Director of the RBI Working Group on Fin Tech and Digital Banking?
(1) A.K. Pandey
(2) P.G. Apte
(3) B. Mahapatra
(4) Sudarshan Sen
(5) D.K. Mohanty
- Which of the following is the only Central Record Keeping Agency appointed by the Government of India ?
(4) Stock Holding Corporation of India Limited (SHCIL)
(5) National Se.curitiesDepository Limited (NSDL)
- The National Financial Switch which facilitates routeing of ATM transactions is developed by which of the following organisations?