GENERAL AWARENESS ( IBPS BANK PO / MT CWE Exam, 26-10-2013 – Previous Year Paper)
- Which new law was recently passed by the Indian Parliament to adopt corporate structures for carrying out business?
(1) Corporate Business Bill 2011
(2) Business Ethics and Corporatization Bill 2012
(3) Ethics and Standard Bill 2013
(4) Companies Bill 2012
(5) None of the above
- What is the purpose of celebrating Rajiv Gandhi Sadbhavana Divas?
(1) To promote national integration
(2) To promote communal har mony
(3) To eschew violence
(4) To promote goodwill among the people
(5) All of the above
- The central bank of which country has the largest foreign reserves in the world?
(2) Saudi Arabia
(3) European Union
- The targets set under priority sector lending for domestic and foreign banks operating in India with more than 20 branches is r of Adjusted Net Bank Credit (ANBC) or credit equivalent amount of Off-Balance Sheet Exposure, whichever is higher.
(1) 18 per cent
(2) 24 per cent
(3) 32 per cent
(4) 40 per cent
(5) 50 per cent
- Under the Manodhairya Yojana which was approved by the Maharashtra Cabinet in September 2013, a compensation of Rs. 3 lakhs will be given to victims of
(1) Caste prejudice
(2) Acid attack
(3) Communal riot
(4) Domestic violence
(5) All of the above
- Shri Ramesh Abhishek is the Chairman of
(1) Competition Commission of India
(2) Securities and Exchange Board of India
(3) Forward Markets Commission
(4) Confederation of Indian Industry
(5) Insurance Regulatory Development Authority
- As per the Income Tax laws in India, the maximum amount not liable to tax in case of an individual aged 60 years and above is
(1) Rs. 1,50,000
(2) Rs. 1,80,000
(3) Rs. 2,00,000
(4) Rs. 2,50,000
(5) Rs. 3,00,000
- According to the MSMED Act 2006, medium enterprise is an enterprise where the invest-
ment in equipment is more than ____ but does not exceed Rs. 5 crore.
(1) Rs. 50,000
(2) Rs. 1 lakh
(3) Rs. 10 lakhs
(4) Rs. 1 crore
(5) Rs. 2 crore
- According to the RBI Annual Monetary Policy Statement 2012-13, Scheduled Commercial Banks (SCBs) can borrow of their Net Demand and Time Liabilities under the Marginal Standing Facility scheme.
(1) 1 per cent
(2) 1.5 per cent
(3) 2 per cent
(4) 2.5 per cent
(5) 3 per cent
- Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister rolled out the ambitious food security scheme in September 2013. What is the name of this scheme?
(1) Rajiv Gandhi Ann Yojana
(2) Aam Aachni Ann Yojana
(3) Mahatma Gandhi Antyodaya Yojana
(4) Shatabdi Ann Yojana
(5) Bharat Antyodaya Yojana
- In business, disinvestment means to sell off certain assets. Which of the following can come under these assets?
(1) A manufacturing plant
(2) A division or subsidiary
(3) A product line
(4) Both 2 and 3
(5) All of the above
- In a notification issued on 16 September 2013, the Reserve Bank of India laid down that where the gold jewellery pledged by a borrower at any one time or cumulatively on loan outstanding is more than NBFCs must keep record of the verification of the ownership of the jewellery.
(1) 2 grams
(2) 8 grams
(3) 16 grams
(4) 20 grams
(5) 24 grams
- Which India movie has been nominated as India’s official entry to 2014 Oscars?
(1) Bhaag Millcha Bhaag
(2) The Good Road
(4) The Lunchbox
(5) English Vinglish
- In the Master Circular on Customer Service in Banks, issued by the RBI on 1 July 2013, Banks were mandated to send online alerts to the cardholders for all Card Not Present (CNP) transactions for the value of Rs. ……..- and above.
(1) Rs. 1000
(2) Rs. 2500
(3) Rs. 5000
(4) Rs. 10000
(5) Rs. 50000
- Which of the following rates is not controlled by the Reserve Bank of India?
(1) CASH Reserve Ratio
(2) Statutory Liquidity Ratio
(4) Marginal Standing Facility
(5) Repo Rate
- As per a notification issued by the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) on 23 September 2013, when will the General Anti Avoidance Rules (GAAR) come into force?
(1) December 2013
(2) January 2014
(3) October 2015
(4) April 2016
(5) September 2017
- With which sports is Pullela Gopichand associated?
- International Standards on Combating Money Laundering and the Financing of Terrorism & Proliferation are framed by
- The National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI) has launched a mobile based payment facility. This facility is known as
- The State Bank of India (SBI) on 17 August, 2013 achieved another milestone by opening
its branch in Tamil Nadu.
- Who, at present is the Chairman of the State Bank of India?
(1) Ashwini Kumar
(2) D.P. Singh
(3) Seema Goyal
(4) Rajeev Rishi
(5) Arundhati Bhattacharya
- India recently signed Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement (DTAA) with to prevent income tax evasion by entities in both the countries.
- Five Year Plans in India is monitoreciby
(1) National Development Council
(2) Planning Commission
(3) Finance Minister
(4) Inter State Council
(5) Finance Commission
- In which state is Sunderbans situated?
(2) West Bengal
- Which of the following is not controlled by the Securities and Exchange Board of India?
(1) Market Intermediaries
(3) Ponzi Schemes
- In case of dishonor of cheque for insufficiency of funds in the account, a court can punish a person for imprisonment or with fine, if the cheque issued by drawer returned by the bank unpaid.
(1) 3 months
(2) 6 months
(3) 1 years
(4) 2 years
(5) 3 year
- What does NOFHC stand for?
(1) New Operational Financial Hedge Corporation
(2) Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation
(3) Non-Operative Financial Holding Company
(4) New Outsourcing Fund of Hedge Companies
(5) None of the above
- What is the name of India’s first indigenous aircraft carrier which was launched recently?
- Which one is not a member-nation of BRICS?
(3) South Africa
- The 108th birthday of Indian Hockey icon Dhyanchand was recently celebrated as
(1) National Hockey Day
(2) National Sports Day
(3) National Day for Olympics
(4) National Medals Day
(5) National Icon Day
- Who is the author of “Fault Lines: How Hidden Fractures Still Threaten the World Economy”?
(1) Amartya Sen
(2) Raghuram Rajan
(3) Kaushik Basu
(4) Bimal Jalan
(5) Y. V. Reddy
- The Global Competitiveness Report 2013-2014, brought out by the World Economic Forum, uses…… pillars to assess the competitiveness of nations.
(1) 5 pillars
(2) 8 pillars
(3) 10 pillars
(4) 12 pillars
(5) 15 pillars
- What is the full form of SID-BI?
(1) Small Industries Development Bank of India
(2) Service Infrastructure Developmental Bank of India
(3) Small Scale Industrial Development Bank of India
(4) Securities & Investment Derivatives Bank of India
(5) Steel Industries Developmental Bank of India
- Who, at present, is the Chairman of the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI)?
(1) N.K. Singh
(2) Nandan Nilekani
(3) R.S. Sharma
(4) S.K. Swamy
(5) Dinesh Aggarwal
- Who was recently sworn-in as India’s first woman Chief Information Commissioner?
(1) Deepak Sandhu
(2) Nirmala Singh
(3) Ketaki Sharma
(4) Sneha Gupta
(5) Manorama Shrivastva
- To disburse short term crop loans to the small and marginal farmers, RRB Credit Refinance Fund is being set up by
(5) Union Ministry of Finance
- Which secure system was introduced by the Reserve Bank of India in 2005 for facilitating one-to-one funds transfer requirements of individuals / corporates?
(1) Electronic Clearing Service
(2) National Electronic Funds Transfer
(3) Real Time Gross Settlement
(4) Cheque Truncation
(5) Oversight of Payment and Settlement Systems
- What is the term for the process of stopping the flow of the physical cheque issued by a drawer at some point with the presenting bank en-route to the drawee bank branch?
(1) Cheque Coding
(2) Cheque Truncation
(3) Cheque Embossing
(4) Cheque Barring
(5) Cheque Bar-coding
- Which company recently launched the first white label ATM (WLA) of India?
(2) Tata Communications Payment Solutions
(4) ICICI Merchant
(5) State Bank of India
- The reactor of India’s first indigenous nuclear submarine recently went critical. What is the name of this submarine?
(1) INS Arihant
(2) INS Chakra
(3) INS Sindhughosh
(4) INS Aridhaman
(5) INS Ghatak