- Qatar and some other countries are supplying CNG to India. What does the letter 'N' denotes in the term CNG used here ?
- Whose signature is found on a 100 rupee currency note in India?
(1) President of India
(2) Governor, RBI
(3) Finance Minister
(4) Prime Minister of India
(5) Secretary, Ministry of Finance
- Ms, Yingluck Shinawatra is the first woman Prime Minister of
(5) New Zealand
- Which of the following terms is associated with the game of Cricket ?
- Indian Cancer Research Centre is located in
- Andy murry is a famous player associated with the game of
(4) Lawn Tennis
- Which of the following books is written by Jhumpa Lahiri?
(1) The Namesake
(2) Three Mistakes of My Life
(3) A Himalayan Love Story
(4) A Bend in The River
(5) The Mother
- Which of the following awards is given to Vijay Kumar recently by the Government of India? (in August 2012)
(1) Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award
(2) Bharat Ratna
(3) Man of the Year
(4) Sportsman of the Year
(5) Padma Vibhushan
- Which of the following awards is given for excellence in the field of literature ?
(1) Gujarrnal Modi Samman
(2) Saraswati Samman
(3) Chameli Devi Jain Award
(4) Kalinga Award
(5) Kirti Chakra
- PETA is an organisation associated with the field of
(1) Science & Technology
(3) Social Service
(5) Animal Welfare
- Vidya Balan was honoured with the Best Actress Award by IIFA in June 2012 for her acting in
(1) Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara
(3) The Dirty Picture
(5) No One Killed Jessica
- Which of the following is the currency of Vietnam?
- The Headquarters of Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) is in
(3) Washington DC
- Which of the following is a Public Sector Undertaking ?
(3) HSBC Bank
(4) Birla Industries
- Which of the following Cups / Trophies is associated with the game of Golf ?
(1) Vizzy Trophy
(2) Uber Cup
(3) Narang Cup
(4) DCM Trophy
(5) Ryder Cup
- Which of the following is NOT the name of a country ?
- In our country, a cheque remains valid for payment for...............from the date of issue.
( I) 3 months
(2) 6 months
(3) 9 months
(4) 12 month
(5) 18 months
- Sex Ratio (number of females per 1000 males) as per recent data released by the census commission of India is
- Which of the following instruments cannot be transferred from one person to another by Endorsement ?
(1) Fixed Deposit Receipt
(3) Bill of Exchange
(4) Promissory Note
(5) None of these
- The fourth BRICS Summit was organised in March 2012 in
(2) New Delhi
(3) Addis Ababa
- Which of the following Awards is given for excellence in the field of Cinema ?
(1) Kali d as Samman
(2) Dada Saheb Phalke Award
(3) Saraswati Samman
(4) Ashok Chakra
(5) Kirti Chakra
- Girish Kulkarni was given Best Actor Award in 59th National Film Award for his acting in the film
( 1) I Am
(4) Indian Rupee
(5) Stanely Ka Dabba
- The Prime Minister of India visited which of the following 'Least Developed Countries' in Indian sub-continent in May 2012
(5) Sri Lanka
- Space Agency of which of the following countries put GSAT 10, a Communication Satellite
in the orbit in September 2012?
- In the following accounts operation by cheques is permitted
(1)Savings bank accounts and fixed deposit accounts.
(2) Current accounts and fixed deposit accounts.
(3) Savings bank accounts and floating loan accounts.
(4) Savings bank accounts and cash accounts.
(5) Savings bank accounts and current accounts.
- What does the letter 'C' denote in the term 'CSR' as seen frequently in financial newspapers?
- Which of the following is a Private Bank in India ?
(1) Union Bank of India
(2) Syndicate Bank
(3) IDBI Bank
(4) UCO Bank
(5) HDFC Bank
- Which of the following is NOT a member of Organisation of Petroleum Exporting countries (OPEC) ?
- If a crossed cheque is presented for payment__
(1) Cash can be paid across the counter to the presenter.
(2) Cash can be paid across the counter to the account holder only.
(3) it can be paid only through a banker.
(4) It cannot be paid at all.
(5) It can be paid across the counter in another bank.
- 'Base Rate' in banks is
(1) Rate of interest payable on demand deposits
(2) Rate of interest payable on fixed deposits
(3) Rate of interest charged by RBI on long term borrowings of Public Sector Banks
(4) Minimum lending rate decided by RBI which shall be adopted by all Public Sector Banks
(5) The minimum interest rate fixed by individual banks, below which they cannot lend funds, except cases like Government sponsored scheme
- A Saving Bank Deposit Account is one where
(I) The deposits are made only once in a year
(2) Amounts are deposited and are withdrawn as per requirement of the customers
(3) Periodical Fixed amount are deposited monthwise and withdrawal are allowed af ter a fixed period
(4) The deposits are made once in every Month
(5) None of these
- Who among the following is the ex-officio Chairman of the Rajya Sabha at present
(1) Mrs. Pratibha Pahl
(2) Sri Mohammad Hamid Ansari
(3) Dr. Manmohan Singh
(4) Ms. Miera Kurnar
(5) Sri L. K. Advani
- The most powerful tool used by the Reserve Bank of India to control inflation is -----
(1) Raise interest rates
(2) Reduce interest rates
(3) Raise Currency Supply
(4) Reduce Currency Supply
(5) Raise interest rates and rc duce currency supply
- Which of the following days is observed as 'World Poptilation Day"?
(1) 11th July
(2) 18th October
(3) 14th September
(4) 15th December
(5) 24th January
- If a cheque is post dated
(1) bank on whom it is drawn will not honour the cheque before the date of the cheque
(2) bank on whom it is drawn has to honour the chcqt before the (lute a the cheque
(3) bank on whom it is drawn has the option to honour the cheque before the date of the cheque or not
(4) bank on whom it is drawn has to refer to RBI to honour the cheque before the date of the cheque
(5) bank on whom it is drawn has to refer to the court to honour the cheque before the date of the cheque
- Mr. SM Krishma of India and Mr. Yang Jiechi of China held a meeting in June 2012 in Beijing. Both of them are holding which of the following positions in their respective countries ?
(1) Prime Ministers
(2) Commerce Ministers
(3) Foreign Secretaries
(4) Foreign Ministers
(5) None of these
- Which term is used in Physics ?
(2) Absolute Zero
- Which of the following awards was given to Mrs. Sima Samar in September 2012 ?
(1) Pulitzer Prize
(2) Ramon Magsaysay
(3) Nobel Peace Prize
(4) Right Livelihod Prize
(5) Kalinga Award
- Expand the term ALM as used in Banking/Finance sector.
(1) Asset Liability Management
(2) Asset Liability Maturity
(3) Asset Liability Mismatch
(4) Asset Liability Manpower
(5) Asset Liability Maintenance
- Which of the following countries is passing through a peculiar political impasse as there is no constitutional government in the country ?