GENERAL AWARENESS ( FCI ASSISTANT GRADE-III EXAM , 05-02-2012 ( Paper - I, East zone ( IInd sitting ) ) - Previous Year Paper)
- The iron ore which contains 72% of iron is :
- The filament of electric bulb is made up of :
- Cement is usually a mixture of:
(1) Calcium silicate and calcium aluminate
(2) Calcium silicate and calcium ferrate
(3) Calcium aluminate and calcium ferrate
(4) Lime stone and silicon dioxide
- Tsunamis are waves generated by :
(1) Earthquakes beneath the Sea
(2) Moon's pull
(3) High tides of the oceans
- In which year did Gandhiji start Satyagraha Movement ?
- When a vibrating tuning fork is placed on a table, a loud sound is heard. This is due to :
(3) forced vibrations
(4) damped vibrations
- The atmospheric gas that is mainly responsible for Green House effect :
- Light houses are places with powerful lights to :
(1) guide and resolve traffic jams in crowded metro-cities during nights.
(2) guide and help large crowds at religious gathering during nights.
(3) indicate to the incoming war-ships, the location of a harbour during night.
(4) guide and warn the ships coming from different directions in the ocean.
- The Parliament can legislate on subjects given in the Union List only in consultation with the State Government for the State of :
(3) Jammu & Kashmir
- Gol Gumbaz is in :
- Which of the following is correctly matched ?
(1) Assam - Itanagar
(2) Arunachal Pradesh - Guwahati
(3) Tripura - Agartala
(4) Nagaland - Shillong
- Who of the following pairs of Nobel Laureates in Physics was awarded 2010 Nobel Prize ?
(1) John C Mather, George F. Smoot
(2) Albert Fert, Peter Grunberg
(3) David Gross, Frank Wilczek
(4) Andre Geim, Konstantin Novoselov
- In a Capitalistic Economy, the prices are determined by :
(1) Demand and Supply
(2) Government Authorities
(3) Buyers in the Market
(4) Sellers in the Market
- Which of the following is not a cause of low productivity in Indian agriculture ?
(1) Co-operative farming
(2) Inadequate inputs availability
(3) Sub-division and fragmentation of land holdings
(4) Poor finance and marketing facilities.
- The States in India are demanding greater autonomy from the centre in the field.
(4) All the above
- Who of the following has not been an interlocutor on Jammu and Kashmir ?
(1) M.M. Ansari
(2) Radha Kumar
(3) Shujaat Bukhari
(4) Dilip Padgaonkar
- A piece of wood is held under water. The upthrust on it will be :
(1) equal to the weight of the wood
(2) less than weight of the wood
(3) more than weight of the wood
- The telephone was invented by:
(1) G. Marconi
(2) Alexander Graham Bell
(3) J.L. Baird
(4) Thomas Barrow
- Surat is located on the banks of the river :
- An ecosystem consists of :
(1) producers, consumers and decomposers in a particular area.
(2) all the plants and animals of an area.
(3) a living community and its environment.
(4) carnivorous and herbivorous of an area
- An insect - catching plant is :
(1) Australian Acacia
- Tooth paste is a product sold under :
(1) Monopolistic Competition
(2) Perfect Competition
- What does Jahangir mean ?
(1) National Monarch
(2) The Grand Monarch
(3) Conqueror of the world
(4) Hero of hundred battles
- Electric bulbs are filled with :
(2) Carbon dioxide
- The method not used as a Biological control is :
(1) Use of predators of a pest.
(2) Pheromone traps
(3) Use of pesticides
(4) Use of neem extracts
- Who is the Supreme Commander-in-Chief of armed forces of the country ?
(1) Defence Minister
(2) Prime Minister
(3) Senior-most among the three Service Chiefs
- The term 'Pitcher' is associated with :
- Wisdom teeth is the :
(1) 1st molar teeth
(2) 2nd molar teeth
(3) 3rd molar teeth
(4) 4th molar teeth
- The tusk of elephant is an enormously enlarged :
(1) upper incisor
(2) upper canine
(3) lower canine
(4) lower incisor
- Ethnic group Mongoloids are found in India in :
(1) Southern region
(2) South-central region
(3) North-western region
(4) North-eastern region
- The National Development Council includes :
(1) all central Cabinet Ministers
(2) Chief Ministers of all the States
(3) Cabinet Ministers of all the States and the Centre.
(4) Members of the Estimates Committee of the Parliament
- The early Buddhist scriptures were composed in :
(1) Prakrit texts
(2) Pali texts
(3) Sanskrit texts
(4) Pictographical texts
- In Mohanjadaro, the largest building is :
(1) the great bath
(2) a granary
(3) the Pillared Hall
(4) a two storeyed house
- The purest form of Iron is :
(1) Cast iron
(3) Pig iron
(4) W r o u g h t iron
- The gas that is used in the manufacture of vanaspati ghee is :
(2) Carbon dioxide
- Scurvy is caused due to the deflciency of :
- Kamakhya temple is an important place of tourism in the State of :
(1) Tamil Nadu
(3) Himachal Pradesh
- Which of the following is called "brown paper" ?
- Where was the Royal Durbar held on November 1st, 1858 to issue the Queen's proclama tion?
- Which of the following is not a Hardware ?
(1) Processor chip
- The zone of Earth's atmosphere immediately above its surface up to a height of about 16 kms above equator and 8 kms over the poles is known as :
- The caste system of India was created for :
(1) immobility of labour
(2) recognition of the dignity of labour
(3) economic uplift
(4) occupational division of labour
- A Secular State is one which :
(1) has no religion of its own
(2) is irreligious
(3) is anti-religion
(4) takes into consideration the religious sentiments of the people
- Which is the largest State of India ?
(1) Madhya Pradesh
(2) Andhra Pradesh
- Who is called as the Prophet of New India' ?
(1) Dayanand Saraswati
(2) Sri Ramakrishna
(3) Raja Ram Mohan Roy
(4) Swami Vivekananda
- Male (Anopheles) mosquito feeds on :
(1) Blood of man
(2) Nectar of flower
(3) Blood of Culex
(4) Blood of Leech
- Tabal Chongli' is a form of fold dance associated with the State of :
(1) West Bengal
(3) Andhra Pradesh
- According to a study conducted by Hyderbad's National Institute of Nutrition, the healthiest of 14 fresh fruits commonly consumed in India with maximum 'Goodness Index' is :
(1) Indian Plum
(4) Custard apple
- Which one of the following is a system software ?
(1) Database programs
(2) Word processors
- The crop mainly grown in hills is :
(1) sweet corn
(2) sweet jowar
(3) sweet potato
(4) sweet pea