- Who took additional charge as Chairman of state-run life insurance behemoth LIC, replacing S.K. Roy who had resigned in June, nearly two years ahead of his retirement.
(a) V.K. Sharma
(b) K.V. Sharma
(c) Dinesh Kumar
(d) C.R. Mohile
- Who among the following was nominated the World Bank President for second term by United States?
(a) Derek Kirk Kim
(b) Hae Jong Kim
(c) Wan Soo Kim
(d) Jim Yong Kim
- Who among the following are not among the winners of Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna 2016?
(a) Jitu Rai and P.V. Sindhu
(b) Dipa Karmakar and Sakshi Malik
(c) Rajat Chauhan and Lalita Babar
(d) Sourav Kothari and Ajinkya Rahane
- 'Selection Day' is the book of which Booker Award winning author?
(a) Kiran Desai
(b) Aravind Adiga
(c) Arundhati Roy
(d) Salman Rushdie
- Pravasi Bharatiya Divas (PBD) is celebrated on January 9 every year to mark the return of Mahatma Gandhi from South Africa in:
- Who among the following has become the first Chairperson of the . Banks Board Bureau?
(a) Vinod Rai
(b) Pramod Deo
(c) Ashok Chawla
(d) Gireesh Pradhan
- Who among the following won The Hindu Playwright Award 2016?
(a) Meera Sitharaman
(b) Anuradha Marwah
(c) Aditya Sudarshan
(d) Thomas Manuel
- Who among the following was posthumously awarded the Ashok Chakra, the highest peacetime gallantry award of the country, in the Gallantry awards announced by the President on the eve of Independence Day?
(a) Major Gaurav Thakur
(b) Havildar Hangpan Dada
(c) Rifleman Ran Bahadur Gurung
(d) Lance Naik Mohan Nath Goswami
- Who among the following was elected as the President of Zambia?
(a) Edgar Lungu
(b) Rupiah Banda
(c) Frederick Chiluba
(d) Hakainde Hichilema
- When is the World Humanitarian Day observed across the world?
(a) August 9
(b) August 12
(c) August 19
(d) August 23
- Who among the following is the' President of Syria?
(a) Abdul Halim Khaddam
(b) Abdullah al-Ahmar
(c) Bashar al-Assad
(d) Hassan Rouhani
- Who among the following is the Secretary-General of SAARC?
(a) Jhalanath Khanal
(b) Ram Chandra Poudel
(c) Arjun Bahadur Thapa
(d) Bijay Kumar Gachhedar
- Who among the following was appointed the new Governor of Punjab?
(a) Hari Om Singh Rathore
(b) Manshankar Ninama
(c) Ramcharan Vohra
(d) V.P. Singh Badnore
- Banwarilal Purohit was appointed the Governor of Assam recently. He is the Managing Editor at which of the following English newspapers?
(a) Free Press
(b) The Hitavada
(c) Assam Tribune
(d) Central Chronicle
- Who among the following is the author of the book 'Speaking: The Modi Way'?
(a) Shashi Warrier
(b) Rudraneil Sengupta
(c) Virender Kapoor
(d) Prachi Garg
- Which country's high-speed railway completed over 20,000 kilometres of track network recently, becoming world's longest bullet train network?
- World's first self-driving taxi service was launched by autonomous vehicle software Startup nuTonomy country recently?
(c) South Korea
(d) The Netherlands
- Which country has established world's largest marine reserve of 1.5 million square kilometers ?
(d) United States
- Vanuatu is most risk from natural disasters according to the World Risk Index 2017. It is an island nation in which ocean?
- The Financial Stability Board (FSB) is an international body that monitors and makes recommendations about the global financial system. It is based at
- Which of the following is the capital of Papua New Guinea?
(a) Port Louis
(b) Port Moresby
(c) Port of Spain
- Which province of China was in news for the inauguration of world's longest and highest glass bridge?
- Which is the world's most liveable city according to the annual Liveability Ranking of 140 cities, conducted by Economist Intelligence Unit?
- Which of the following hosted the SAARC Youth Parliamentarians Conference on Peace and Harmony for Development 2016?
(b) New Delhi
- Which among the following countries inaugurated an "anti-imperialist" military academy to counter the influence of United States in the town of Warnes?
(c) North Korea
- Which country has signed a logistics pact with India that will allow the use of each other's land, air and naval bases for repair and re-supply?
- India signed an agreement on the expansion of preferential trade agreement (PTA) with which South American country in a meeting, held recently in New Delhi.
- India recently inked an MoU with which of the following European nation for bilateral Air Services Agreement that proposes to allow unlimited points of call for domestic airlines there?
- Which country has inked a pact with India on maritime transport which will facilitate maritime commerce and transit of naval vessels?
(d) Sri Lanka
- Signalling its commitment to which of its neighbouring country, India has promised $1 billion development assistance and upped defence and security ties?
- After the talks between the visiting Nepal PM Prachanda and PM Narendra Modi on September 16, 2016, India announced a credit of which amount for post-earthquake reconstruction in Nepal?
(a) $550 million
(b) $650 million
(c) $750 million
(d) $850 million
- Which Indian Hydropower company is building the Arun III (900 mw) project in Nepal?
(a) Narmada Hydroelectric Development Corp Limited (NHDC)
(b) Uttar Pradesh Jal Vidyut Nigam Limited (UPJVNL)
(c) National Hydro Power Corp Ltd (NHPC)
(d) Sutlej Jal Vidyut Nigam Limited (SJVNL)
- During the Myanmar President Htin Kyaw's visit to India, in which of the following areas the two countries signed MoUs?
(c) Renewable energy
(d) All of the above
- Which of the following announced issue of a stamp on Diwali festival for the first time in October?
(d) United States
- Which country has overtaken India as the top country of birth for migrant population in the UK according to migration figures released recently?
- The Cabinet has cleared the establishment of the GST council. Read the following statements regarding the council.
1. GST council will be headed by the Union finance minister with all state FMs as its members.,
2. GST council will decide the standard rate for the goods and services tax (GST) along with the levy on essential goods.
3. GST Secretariat will be established in New Delhi. Which of the above are true?
(a) 1 and 2
(b) 1 and 3
(c) 2 and 3
(d) 1, 2 and 3
- The Union Cabinet has approved the setting up of the Higher Education Financing Agency (HEFA) to bolster the creation of high-quality infrastructure at premier educational institutions. HEFA will provide a funding of how many crores?
(a) 20,000 crore
(b) 18,000 crore
(c) 15,000 crore
(d) 12,000 crore
- The Government has approved the extension of a contract with which organization for exploration of Poly-Metallic Nodules (PMN)?
(a) World Seabed Authority (WSA)
(b) Global Seabed Authority (GSA)
(c) International Seabed Authority (ISA)
(d) United Nation Seabed Authority (UNSA)
- National Institute of Oceanography (NIO) is situated in which state?
(a) Tamil Nadu
- National Institute of Ocean Technology (NIOT) is situated at which place
- The Government has recently approved the Cadre Review of Group 'A' l xecutive officers of which paramilitary force with net creation of 74 posts of various ranks from Assistant Commandant to Additional DG ranks to enhance the operational and administrative capabilities of the force?
- The Government has recently approved the signing of the Bilateral Technical Arrangement (BTA) with which of the following countries on the identification and
return of the respective Nationals , and its implementation?
- India has given its expost-facto approval for the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and which African nation on cooperation in the field of National Housing Policy Development and Management (NHPDM)?
(a) South Africa
- The Supreme Court has recently directed which state government to release 15,000 cusecs of Cauvery water per day to Tamil Nadu to ameliorate the plight of farmers?
- The Supreme Court has cancelled a deal through which the former Left government in West Bengal acquired a 1,000 acres in Singur in 2006 to help an automobile company set up its Nano car manufacturing plant. The company in news is:
(a) Maruti Suzuki
(b) Tata Motors
(c) Mahindra and Mahindra
(d) Hyundai Motor
- In a landmark verdict, which High Court has allowed women entry into the inner sanctum of the famous Haji Ali Dargah?
(a) Bombay High Court
(b) Kolkata High Court
(c) Delhi High Court
(d) Madras High Court
- The Centre has integrated country's first secured cloud-based platform for the storage, issuance and verification of documents with the Driving Licence and Vehicle Registration System of the road transport ministry. What is the name of this platform?
- The Election Commission has recognized Trinamool Congress, launched in 1998 under the leadership of Mamata Banerjee, as a 'national' party. Which of the following is among the other national parties in the country?
(d) Both a and b
- The capital of which state is the venue for Pravasi Bharatiya Divas 2017?
(a) Uttar Pradesh
(d) Tamil Nadu
- Which state has received a go-ahead from the Centre to set up India's first Ultra High Temperature Hydrolysis (UHTH) Reaction waste to energy plant?
(c) Himachal Pradesh
- Which state was given the 'Best Horticulture State' award for the concerted efforts made by the state government for increasing the income of the farmers in horticulture, at the 9th Agricultural Leadership Summit 2016 organised by Indian Council of Food and Agriculture (ICFA) in New Delhi?
- Telangana has signed MoUs with which neighbouring state for building joint projects across Penganga, Pranhita and Godavari rivers?
(d) Andhra Pradesh
- Which of the following has become the first state to sign a Memorandum of Understanding with the Civil Aviation Ministry and Airports Authority of India to develop airports as part of the Centre's Regional Connectivity Scheme (RCS)?
(c) Madhya Pradesh
- Which of the following will host the Pravasi Bharatiya Diwas (PBD) in January 2017?
- According to the Election Commission (EC), for "National Party" recognition, a party must be recognised as 'State Party' in .............or more states. , ,
- According to the Surrogacy (Regulation) Bill 2016 approved by the Cabinet recently, which of the following conditions need to be met for a couple to be eligible for surrogacy?
I. Indian citizenship
II. Medical certificate stating that either partner is medically unfit to produce children
III. The surrogate mother is a close relation of theirs
(a) I only
(b) I and II only
(c) II and III only
(d) I, II and III
- A village in which district in Maharashtra was selected by Sachin Tendulkar for development under the Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojna?
- Which state gave its first Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Award to Central Leather Research Institute's Principal Scientist P. Shanmugam?
(a) Andhra Pradesh
(b) Tamil Nadu
- Where was India's first ever BIO-CNG project in India inaugurated recently?
- The National Institute of Smart Governance (NISG) is based at:
- Which is the oldest stock exchange in Asia?
(a) Hong Kong Stock Exchange
(b) Tokyo Stock Exchange
(c) Singapore Exchange Ltd.
(d) Bombay Stock Exchange
- The Reserve Bank has recently cancelled registration certificates of five non-banking financial companies (NBFCs). Which of the following is included in them?
(a) Simco Consultants
(b) Lunkad Securities
(c) Crystal Investments
(d) All of the above
- Which of the following has proposed working with the Indian government to introduce interest-free banking to tackle financial exclusion for religious reasons, potentially opening Islamic finance to the largest Muslim minority population in the world?
(a) World Bank
(b) Reserve Bank of India
- Which insurance company has received markets regulator SEBI's approval to raise an estimated Rs 5,000 crore through an initial public offering (IPO) which will be the first by an insurer in India and the biggest in nearly six years?
(a) ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company
(b) Life Insurance Corporation of India
(c) Bharti AXA Life Insurance Co. Ltd.
(d) Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance Co. Ltd. '
- India has decided to ease rules for import of railway locomotives, nuclear plants, fissile material and aircraft under the Asia-Pacific Trade Agreement (APTA). Which of the following countries is not a part of this preferential trade arrangement?
- The Asia-Pacific Trade Agreement (APTA), a preferential trade arrangement formerly known as the Bangkok Agreement, was signed in which year?
- The Government has given approval to grant of permanent residency status (PRS) to the foreign investors. In order to avail this scheme, the foreign investor will have to invest a minimum of 10 crores to be brought within months or 25 crores to be
brought within months.
(a) 18 and 36 respectively
(b) 12 and 24 respectively
(c) 6 and 12 respectively
(d) 5 and 10 respectively
- The Cabinet has approved a Project Development Fund (PDF) with a corpus of 500 crore to help Indian business explore economic opportunities in CLMV countries. Out of the following countries, which is not included in the term CLMV?
- Which private sector bank was in news for successful Initial Public Offer (IPO) recently?
(a) Federal Bank
(b) Ratnakar Bank
(c) Lakshmi Vitas Bank
(d) Dhanlaxmi Bank
- The Unified Payments Interface (UPI) of the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) became operational in August 2016. What is the limit per transaction?
(d) 1 lakh
- Who among the following is the Chairperson the committee set up by the government to review the payment systems in the country I and to recommend appropriate measures for encouraging digital , payments?
(a) Ratan P. Watal
(b) Naveen Surya
(c) Chandan Sinha
(d) Saurabh Garg
- Which private sector bank was named a Domestic Systemically Important Bank (D-SIB) by the RBI?
(a) Axis Bank
(b) ICICI Bank
(c) HDFC Bank
(d) Induslnd Bank
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has announced a raft of measures to boost investor participation and market liquidity in both the corporate bond and currency markets. PCE is Credit Enhancement.
- The Government has decided to rename Multi-sectoral Development Programme (MsDP) coming under the purview of Union Minority Affairs Ministry as which of the following?
(a) Pradhan Mantri Jan Vikas Karyakram
(b) Pradhan Mantri Gram Vikas Karyakram
(c) Pradhan Mantri Nagrik Vikas Karyakram
(d) Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Vikas Karyakram
- Which Indian pharma company is in the Fortune 2016, 'Change the World' list of 50 'companies that have had a positive social impact through their business activities?
- Which of the following inaugurated the country's first facility to produce nickel, a metal for which the country is completely dependent on imports?
(b) Hindustan Copper
(c) Hindustan Zinc
(d) Tinplate Company of India
- What is India's rank among 141 economies in the Global Innovation Index 2016, released by the WIPO, INSEAD and Cornell University?
- The Government has raised the limit for import of electronic goods 'through post or otherwise' for persoffal use to :
- The board of State Bank of India has approved scheme of merger of five Associate Banks and Bharatiya Mahila Bank (BMB) with itself. Which of the following is the largest in terms of number of branches at the end of financial year 2015-16?
(a) State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur (SBBJ)
(b) State Bank of Mysore (SBM)
(c) State Bank of Travancore (SBT)
(d) State Bank of Hyderabad (SBH)
- Which of the following has launched a payment service using a smartphone keyboard named `iMobile SmartKeys? '
(a) Kotak Bank
(b) Axis Bank
(c) ICICI Bank
(d) Federal Bank
- Which of the following Indian players won gold medal in Rio Paralympics 2016?
(a) Mariyappan Thangavelu
(b) Devendra Jhajharia
(c) Deepa Malik
(d) Both `a* and 'b'
- Who is the first Indian woman to win a medal at the Paralympics?
(a) Deepa Malik
(b) Karamjyoti Dalai
(c) Pooja Rani
(d) Sarita Singh
- Who became the oldest US Open men's champion in 46 years after defeating world number one Novak Djokovic in 2016 tournament?
(a) Roger Federer
(b) Rafael Nadal
(c) Stan Wawrinka
(d) Andy Murray
- Who among the following won the UEFA's Best Player in Europe award 2016?
(a) Luis Suarez
(b) Cristiano Ronaldo
(c) Jonas Goncalves
(d) Antoine Griezmann
- What was India's position in the medals tally at the Rio Olympic Games 2016?
- Who among the following won the Sinquefield Cup Chess 2016?
(a) Levon Aronian
(b) Veselin Topalov
(c) Wesley So
(d) Fabiano Caruana
- Who among the following defeated India's P.V. Sindhu in the final to win gold medal in women's singles badminton at Rio Olympics 2016?
(a) Li Xuerei
(b) Wang Yihan
(c) Carolina Marin
(d) Nozomi Okuhara
- Pusarla Venkata Sindhu became the Indian to win an individual silver medal in Olympic Games after independence.
(d) seventh '
- India's Sakshi Malik won freestyle wrestling bronze medal in which weight category at Rio Olympics 2016?
(a) 48 kg
(b) 53 kg
(c) 58 kg
(d) 63 kg
- Consider the following events in which Jamaican athlete Usain Bolt won gold medals at the Rio Olympics 2016.
I. 100 m
II. 200 m
III. 4X100 m relay
World records in which of the above event are held by him?
(a) I only
(b) I and II only
(c) II and III only
(d) I, II and III
- India successfully launched its INSAT-3DR advanced weather satellite in copy-book style recently. Which satellite launch vehicle was used in the launch of INSAT-3DR?
- India has become the fourth country in the world to demonstrate the flight testing of a scramjet engine, or air breathing engines, which would help in reducing launch costs. Which of the following already have this technology?
(a) US, Japan and Russia
(b) US, China and Russia
(c) US, European Space Agency and Russia
(d) US, Australia and Russia
- India has officially received certificates from World Health Organisation (WHO), declaring the country free from which of the following diseases?
(b) Maternal and Neonatal tetanus
(d) Both a and b
- Which country has become the second country in the WHO SouthEast Asia Region to eliminate malaria after Maldives?
(c) Sri Lanka
- NASA re-established contact with its STEREO spacecraft after a gap of two years in August 2016. It is on a mission to observe which of the following?
- Which of the water jet fast attack craft (WJFAC), built by Kolkata-based Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers Limited (GRSE), was commissioned in the Indian Navy in August 2016?
(a) INS Tarmugli
(b) INS Tihayu
(c) INS Tilanchang
(d) INS Kolkata
- The 12th edition of the joint Indo-US military training exercise `Yudh Abhyas-2016' was conducted in September 2016 in Ch'aubatia foothills of which Indian state?
(b) Jammu and Kashmir
(c) Himachal Pradesh
(d) Arunachal Pradesh
- Continuing its policy of stepping up defence and economic ties with
energy-rich Central Asian Republics, India held a joint combat exercise "Prabal Dostyk" with which country to boost military interoperability?
- Which of the following submarines being acquired by the Indian Navy from French company DCNS was in news recently for disclosure of sensitive data online by an Australian newspaper?
- The Pasighat advanced landing ground (ALG) was dedicated to the nation in which of the following states recetly?
(d) Arunachal Pradesh