- Which of the following hosted the first `International Agrobiodiversity Congress' in November 2016?
(d) New Delhi
- The "U" in USTTAD scheme of the National Minorities Development & Finance Corporation (NMDFC) refers to which of the following?
- India won the 2016 Asian Champions Trophy hockey title in Kuantan, Malaysia defeating which of the following countries?
- Who among the following won the Singles title at the Women's Tennis Association (WTA) Finals 2016?
(a) Dominika Cibulkova
(b) Victoria Azarenka
(c) Garbine Muguruza
(d) Angelique Kerber
- Who among the following won the Fl Mexican Grand Prix 2016?
(a) Valtteri Bottas
(b) Nico Rosberg
(c) Jenson Button
(d) Lewis Hamilton
- Pratibha Agrawal, Anurupa Roy and Sankar Venkateswaran were declared winners of Kalashikhar awards named after who among the following?
(a) JRD Tata
(b) Ardeshir Godrej
(c) Dhirubhai Ambani
(d) Aditya Vikram Birla
- Who among the following won the Player of the Series award in the 5-match India-New Zealand ODI series?
(a) Ajinkya Rahane
(b) Virat Kohli
(c) James Neesham
(d) Amit Mishra
- Which of the following is the scheme, launched by the Prime Minister in Chhattisgarh recently, for providing solar powered irrigation pumps to farmers at a subsidized price?
(a) Saur Sujala Yojana
(b) Saur Ujala Yojana
(c) Surya Sujala Yojana
(d) Surya Ujala Yojana
- Who among the following resigned as Chairman of the National Skill Development Agency (NSDA) and National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC)?
(a) S. Gopalakrishnan
(b) N. S. Raghavan
(c) S Ramadorai
(d) S. D. Shibulal
- The UN General Assembly elected several countries including USA, UK and China to serve on the United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC). They have been elected for a term of how many years?
(a) One year
(b) 'Two years
(c) Three years
(d) Four years
- Who among the following novelists received the Hans Christian Andersen Literature Award 2016 in Odense, Denmark?
(a) Umberto Eco
(b) Hassan Blasim
(c) Judith Hermann
(d) Haruki Murakami
- Who among the following was appointed the Chairperson of its Board by the World Federation of Exchanges (WEE)?
(a) Chitra Ramkrishna
(b) Vijayalakshmi R. Iyer
(c) Arundhati Bhattacharya
(d) Shubhalakshmi Panse
- Which of the following Indian cities hosted 57th AGM of the Internet Corporation of Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)?
- DRDO and which of the following industry bodies has inked MoU to facilitate the transfer of defence technology to Indian industry ?
- What is the weight of the eight core industries in the Index of Industrial Production (IIP)?
(b) 18 %
- The National Food Security Act (NFSA) achieved total coverage of the country recently. Which of the following was among the last two states along with Tamil Nadu to join?
- Which state has topped the Agriculture Marketing and Farmer Friendly Reforms Index 2016 launched by NITI Aayog?
- Which of the following has occupied the top rank jointly with Andhra Pradesh in the Assessment of State Implementation of Business Reforms 2015-16 released by the government recently?
- Michelle Simmons, Maria Teresa Ruiz, Niveen Khashab, Nicola Spaldin and Zhenan Bao were announced as the winners of the L'Oreal-UNESCO for Women in .............Awards?
- What was India's rank among 190 economies in World Bank's 'Doing Business 2017' report?
- Who among the following won the Miss Grand International 2016 pageant organised in Las Vegas, USA?
(a) Michelle Leon
(b) Nicole Cordoves
(c) Ariska Putri Petriwi
(d) Supaporn Malisorn
- The India Government Mint (IGM) has decided to develop the country's first gold standard with research and development inputs from ................and CSIR-National
Physical Laboratory (NPL).
(a) Defence Research and Development Organization
(b) Bhabha Atomic Research Centre
(c) Tata Institute of Fundamental Research
(d) Nuclear Corporation of India Limited
- The Reserve Bank of India has said to conduct a pilot project wherein .................of ATMs in the country will
be exclusively calibrated to dispense Rs. 100 banknotes.
(a) 5 per cent
(b) 10 per cent
(c) 15 per cent
(d) 20 per cent
- S. Nihal Singh received the Raja Ram Mohan Roy National Award for his outstanding contribution in which field?
- NASA has decided to replace its famous Hubble telescope with a new telescope named after who among the following?
(a) James Webb
(b) Issac Newton
(c) Lyman Spitzer
(d) Johannes Kepler
- Which of the following was ranked first on the World Giving Index 2016?
- Who among the following was appointed the new Prime Minister of Spain?
(a) Rodrigo Rato
(b) Javier Arenas
(c) Angel Acebes
(d) Mariano Rajoy
- Who among the following was crowned Miss Earth 2016 at the beauty pageant organised. in Manila?
(a) Dianne Brown
(b) Katherine Espin
(c) Michelle Gomez
(d) Bruna Zanardo
- How many nations are members of the United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC)?
- Who among the following was appointed the new Prime Minister of Lebanon?
(a) Elias Murr
(b) Saad Hariri
(c) Omar Karami
(d) Fouad Siniora
- An agreement to set up Palestine-India Techno Park at which of the following places was signed by the two countries?
- India has decided to allow students from Nepal to compete for seats in which of the following from 2017?
(a) Indian Institutes of Information Technology
(b) Indian Institutes of Technology
(c) Indian Institutes of Management
(d) National Institute of Design
- Who among the following is the author of 'The Keeper of Memories' released recently?
(a) Krishna Udayasankar
(b) Madhu Gurung
(c) Ranveer Brar
(d) Akshay Manwani
- What is India's rank on the Global Youth Development Index 2016 compiled by the Commonwealth Secretariat?
- Which of the following joint military exercises was organised by armies of India and Nepal recently?
(a) Prabhat Kiran
(b) Surya Kiran
(c) Dhruv Kiran
(d) Chandra Kiran
- Which of the following hosted the Asian Ministerial Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction in November 2016?
(d) New Delhi
- Who among the following was elected by the UN General Assembly to represent India at the International Law Commission (ILC)?
(a) Vineet Khurana
(b) Satya Krishnan
(c) Yogesh Sisodia
(d) Aniruddha Rajput
- Which country is ranked first in the World Economic Forum's (WEF) Gender Gap Index 2016?
- Who among the following Congress leaders is the author of 'An Era of Darkness: The British Empire in India' released recently?
(a) Shashi Tharoor
(b) Jairam Ramesh
(c) Mani Shankar Aiyar
(d) Salman Khurshid
- Birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel was observed as Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on October 31. A souvenir on which of the following was launched by the Prime Minister on this occasion?
(a) Ek Bharat, Sabal Bharat
(b) Ek Bharat, Akhand Bharat
(c) Ek Bharat, Pratham Bharat
(d) Ek Bharat, Shresth Bharat
- Which of the following is the offshore security exercise conducted by the Visakhapatnam-based Eastern
Naval Command (ENC) recently?
- The Ramnath Goenka Excellence in Journalism Awards 2016 were conferred recently. Which newspaper group gives these annual awards?
(a) The Times of India
(b) Hindustan Times
(c) Indian Express
(d) Deccan Herald
- Who among the following was selected for the Centenary Award for Indian Film Peisonality of the Year 2016 at the International Film Festival of India 2016?
(b) AR Rahman
(c) Alka Yagnik
(d) S. P. Balasubrahmanyam
- Who among the following is India's Permanent Representative to UNESCO?
(a) Ajit Kumar
(b) Vishnu Prakash
(c) Vijay K. Nambiar
(d) Ruchira Kamboj
- A UNESCO Chair for gender equality was set up at which of the following institutions in India?
(a) Jadavpur University
(b) Panjab University
(c) University of Delhi
(d) Amrita University
- NDPS Act refers to which of the following?
(a) New Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act
(b) Narcotic Drugs and Prohibited Substances Act
(c) National Drugs and Prohibited Substances Act
(d) Narcotic Drugs and Psvchotropic Substances Act
- Which of the following states was declared India's first Open Defecation Free (ODF) state?
(c) Himachal Pradesh
- Which Indian infrastructure company has won its case against the Maldives government at the international arbitration tribunal for termination of the contract for modernisation and operation of Male's Ibrahim Nasir International Airport (INIA) in 2012?
(a) L & T
- Who among the following was elected the new Chairperson of GSMA which represents interests of mobile operators worldwide?
(a) Azim Premji
(b) Anand Mahindra
(c) Mukesh Ambani
(d) Sunil Bharti Mittal
- Which of the following selected `Wonder Woman' as the Honorary Ambassador for the Empowerment of Women and Girls?
(c) Amnesty International
(d) World Bank
- Adhish Verma and Arunraj Rajendran have launched India's first magazine for startups. It has been named :
- Daydream is a virtual reality headset introduced by which of the following companies :
- Which e-commerce company has launched 'Simply Indian' campaign to promote Made in India products?
- The birth anniversary of ...... is observed as the World Polio Day on October 24.
(a) Louis Pasteur
(b) Karl Landsteiner
(c) Jonas Salk
(d) Edward Jenner
- Which was the first UN institution to win Nobel Prize (Peace)?
- What was India's rank on the World Giving Index 2016 by London-based Charitable Aid Foundation (CAF)?
- Who among the following was removed as its Chairman by the board of Tata Sons?
(a) Ronen San
(b) Cyrus Mistry
(c) Ratan Tata
(d) Amit Chandra
- India's second green airport after Kochi was inaugurated at which of the following places by the Prime Minister?
- Which country is ranked first among 190 economies in World Bank's 'Doing Business 2017' report?
(d) New Zealand
- Misuse of debit cards was in news in past days. PCI-DSS is Payment Card Industry-Data Security...............
- RBI issued guidelines for start-ups to access external commercial borrowing (ECB) loans in October 2016: They can borrow up to............. per financial year.
(a) $2 million
(b) $3 million
(c) $4 million
(d) $5 million
- FICN stands for :
(a) Fair Indian Currency Note
(b) Fake Indian Currency Note
(c) Fresh Indian Currency Note
(d) Forged Indian Currency Note
- Who among the following was selected for the European Union's Sakharov Prize for Human Rights 2016?
(a) Nadia Murad
(b) Lamia Haji Bashar
(c) Raif Badawi
(d) Both a and b
- Who among the following won the Man Booker Prize 2016 for his novel "The Sellout"?
(a) David Szalay
(b) Paul Beatty
(c) Deborah Levy
(d) Madeleine Thien
- World Day for Audiovisual Heritage is observed on which date?
(a) October 24
(b) October 25
(c) October 26
(d) October 27
- The United Nations Day was observed on October 24, 2016. The UN has how many member states?
- Which of the following will host the 11th Ministerial Conference of the WTO (MC11) in December 2017?
(d) Buenos Aires
- What is India's rank among 145 countries in the World Economic Forum's (WEF) Gender Gap Index 2016?
- India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni has recently become the............... Indian to complete 9000
runs in One-day International (ODI) cricket.
- NSDL is National ...................Depository Limited.
- Which animal was chosen as mascot of the 2018 FIFA World Cup, to be held in Russia?
- India won the Men's Kabaddi World Cup 2016 by beating which of the following in the final played at Ahmedabad?
- Who among the following won the Hoogeveen International Chess 2016 organised in the Netherlands?
(a) Parimarjan Negi
(b) Abhijeet Gupta
(c) M.R. Lalith Babu
(d) Sandipan Chanda
- Which of the following states has decided to observe to observe 2017 as `Garib Kalyan Varsh'?
(e) Himachal Pradesh
- Which former India cricket Test captain was named the `Stroke Ambassador for India'?
(a) Rahul Dravid
(b) Sachin Tendulkar
(c) Dilip Vengsarkar
(d) Sunil Gavaskar
- Which of the following has partnered with banks to retail the Indian Gold Coin across the country?
(c) Hindustan Zinc
- Gambia has announced its withdrawal from the International Criminal Court. Consider the following about Gambia.
I. Capital: Banjul
II. Currency: Gambian dalasi
III. President: Yahya Jammeh Which of the above is/are correct?
(a) I only
(b) I and II only
(c) II and III only
(d) I, II & III
- Which of the following pairs of capitals and countries is matched correctly?
- Which of ' the following is the India-Sri Lanka military exercise organised in Ambepussa in October- November 2016?
(a) Ashwa Shakti
(b) Mitra Shakti
(c) Prabal Shakti
(d) Varaha Shakti
- Who among the following is the King of Bahrain?
(a) Hassanal Bolkiab,
(b) Qaboos bin Said al Said
(c) Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa
(d) Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani
- India and New Zealand on October 26, 2016 signed three agreements in the areas of double taxation avoidance, food security and sports following talks between visiting New Zealand Prime Minister John Key and Prime Minister Narendra Modi in New Delhi. Who among the following is the Prime Minister of New Zealand?
(a) Helen Clark
(b) Bill English
(c) Don Brash
(d) John Key
- Who among the following was appointed the Director of the Enforcement Directorate (ED)?
(a) Karnal Singh
(b) Gopal Bhushan
(c) Mukesh Chand Joshi
(d) Hardeep Srivastava
- Former judge M. M. Kumar has been appointed the first President of NCLT. NCLT is:
(a) National Company Law Tribunal
(b) National Corporate Law Tribunal
(c) National Competitive Law Tribunal
(d) National Chartered Law Tribunal
- Who among the following was appointed the new Vice President of the Asia-Pacific Union ?
(a) Uma Guha
(b) Supriva Saha:
(c) Jawhar Sircar
- Who among the following is the author of 'The Ethical Doctor released recently?
(a) Nidhi Dalmia
(b) Maya Kalyanpur
(c) Kamal Mahawar
(d) Harshika Daryanani
- Which of the following hosted the 10th World Stroke Congress (WSC) 2016?
- Which of the following hosted the 19th World Congress on 'Peace Education for Good Governance and Non-Violence' organised by the International Association of Educators for World Peace (IAEWP)?
- India was ranked 66th among 113 countries on the Rule of Law Index in October 2016. It is an initiative of which of the following?
(a) Human Rights Watch
(b) Amnesty International
(c) World Justice Project
(d) Transparency International
- The one-man judicial committee on One Rank One Pension (OROP) has submitted its report to the Defence Minister. The committee comprised who among the following?
(a) L. Narasimha Reddy
(b) Rajendra Mal Lodha
(c) Mukul Mudgal
(d) Dalveer Bhandari
- Which of the following is the 2540-km-long gas pipeline project for supply of eco-friendly fuel to at least seven major cities - Varanasi, Patna, Jamshedpur, Kolkata, Ranchi, Bhubaneswar and Cuttack?
(a) Urja Betwa
(b) Urja Gomti
(c) Urja Ganga
(d) Urja Yamuna
- Which state has the highest life expectancy at ages 1, 5, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60 and 70, according to data disclosed by the Registrar General of India (RGI)?
- Which paramilitary force was in news recently for deploying women personnel on border posts along the Sino-India frontier for the first time?
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh. laid the foundation stone of the building for Pt. Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Institute of.............. in October 2016 in Greater Noida
- The Centre approved construction of around 84,500 more affordable houses for the urban poor in five states in October 2016 under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban). What is the per house central assistance provided under "Subsidy for Beneficiary-led Individual House Construction or Enhancement"?
(c) 1 lakh
(d) 1.5 lakh
- A separate Ministry of Tribal Affairs was set up during tenure as Prime Minister?
(a) Lal Bahadur Shastri
(b) Vishwanath Pratap Singh
(c) Atal Behari Vajpayee
(d) Indira Gandhi
- Which of the following is welfare scheme that seeks to make tribal communities stakeholders in the development process by involving them in conservation of forests?
(a) Eklavya Kalyan Yojana
(b) Vanmitra Kalyan Yojana
(c) Vanbandhu Kalyan Yojana
(d) Vanrakshak Kalyan Yojana
- The Prime Minister has urged states to quickly make the required changes in the APMC Act, so that e-NAM (e-National Agriculture Market) could be enabled across the country. APMC is:
(a) Agricultural Produce Marketing Committee
(a) Agricultural Produce Marketing Cooperative
(c) Agricultural Produce Management Committee
(d) Agricultural Planning Marketing Cooperative
- CDSL is Central Depository.............................. (India) Limited.
- The first National Ayurveda Day was celebrated by the AYUSH Ministry on:
(a) October 24
(b) October 25
(c) October 26
(d) October 28
- The Government has reconstituted the Inter State Council (ISC). Who among the following is the Chairperson of the ISC?
(b) Prime Minister
(c) Rajya Sabha Speaker
(d) Lok Sabha Speaker