- The Reserve Bank on May 12, 20116 issued new guidelines on ownership in private sector banks. Prior RBI approval will be required if someone wants to increase shareholding/voting rights to................... or more.
- The Reserve Bank on May 12, 2016 issued new guidelines on ownership in private sector banks. The ceiling on foreign ownership has been retained at:
- The Reserve Bank on May 12, 2016 issued new guidelines on ownership in private sector banks. The ceiling on ownership for an Indian citizen in a private sector bank has been retained at:
(b) 10 %
- India is ranked at ninth position in crony-capitalism with crony sector wealth accounting for 3.4% of its GDP. The Crony Capitalism Index is jn initiative of which of the following?
(b) The Economist
(c) Financial Times Group
(e) Wall Street Journal
- Mauritius was the........... source of foreign direct investment into India in 2014-15, accounting for about 24% of USD 24.7 billion FDI.
(b) second biggest
(c) third, biggest
(d) fourth biggest
(e) fifth biggest
- Who athong the following is the only Indian in the Forbes list of 'Money Masters: The Most Powerful People In The Financial World' launched in May 2016?
(a) Uday Kotak
(b) Chanda Kochhar
(c) Deepak Parekh
(d) Rana Kapoor
(e) Chandra Shekhar Ghosh
- The world's biggest cargo aircraft made its first landing in India at the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport in Hyderabad on May 13, 2016. It has been manufactured by:
(b) Dassault Antonov
(d) Lockheed Martin
- The Reserve Bank of India unveiled draft guidelines for applicants of universal bank licences in May 2016. What should be the minimum networth the bank should maintain at all times?
(a) Rs. 10 crore
(b) Rs. 50 crore
(c) Rs. 100 crore
(d) Rs. 250 crore
(e) Rs. 500 crore
- Which of the following became India's first financial institution to tie up with the BRIGS Grouping-promoted New Development Bank (NDB) for a partnership in bond issuances, co-financing, treasury management and human resources in May 2016?
(a) Yes Bank
(b) Axis Bank
(c) ICICI Bank
(d) HDFC Bank
(e) Kotak Bank
- Which is the first government-owned bank to open an international banking unit (IBU) at the International Financial Services Centre (IFSC) in Gandhinagar?
(a) Canara Bank
(b) Indian Bank
(c) Dena Bank
(d) Indian Overseas Bank
(e) IDBI Bank
- Which of the following has launched mVisa, a card-less mobile-based payment solution, in May 2016?
(a) Andhra Bank
(b) Canara Bank
(c) Bank of India
(d) Punjab National Bank
(e) State Bank of India
- Which of the following organised its 49th Annual General Meeting (AGM) in Frankfurt in first week of May 2016?
(a) International Monetary Fund
(b) World Trade Organisation
(c) Asian Development Bank
(d) International Labour Organisation
(e) World Bank
- What is the GDP growth rate forecast for Indian economy in 2016 and 2017 by the International Monetary Fund in May 2016?
- Free public Wi-Fi services were launched by Google at Vijayawada, Kacheguda and Raipur railway stations in May 2016. This service is named as which of the following?
- Prior approval of RBI will be required by foreigners wanting to open branch/liaison/project office in India in four sectors from May 2016. Which of the following is not among the four sectors?
(d) Private Security
(e) Information & Broadcasting
- Capital Gains Tax is not levied on income from shares sold after......................... of purchase.
(a) 3 months
(b) 6 months
(c) 9 months
(e) All the above
- India and Mauritius signed a protocol to amend the Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement (DTAA) in May 2016. Capital gains earned by a Mauritian entity will be taxable in India at the full domestic tax rate from financial year 2019-20 onwards.
- Department of Disinvestment has been renamed as Department of Investment and Public Asset
- The government announced new FDI norms for asset reconstruction companies (ARCs) in May. 2016. Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in ARCs under Automatic route is available upto....................
- NASSCOM has inked a partnership agreement with which of the following to build a 'product design initiative' in the country?
- Auction of which of the following trademarks by banks on April 30 in Mumbai did not attract any bidders?
- Noted IT entrepreneur Subroto Bagchi was appointed head of the newly-formed Odisha Skill Development Authority (OSDA) in April 2016. He was the founder which IT/BP0 company?
(e) Tech Mahindra
- Which of the following became the first Small Finance Bank to start functioning from April 2016?
(a) ESAF Microfinance and Investments
(b) Janalakshmi Financial Services
(c) Capital Small Finance Bank
(d) Suryoday Micro Finance
(e) Ujjivan Financial Services
- Which of the following has collaborated with Germany for a special programme on 'Soil Protection and Rehabilitation for Food Security'?
- The government has decided to create 1 lakh crore safety fund to strengthen safety measures on the rail network to prevent accidents. It will be called:
(a) Rashtriya Rail Sarathi Kosh
(b) Rashtriya Rail Sanraksha Kosh
(c) Rashtriya Rail Sanchay Kosh
(d) Rashtriya Rail Samanvaya Kosh
(e) Rashtriya Rail Suraksha Kosh