- In a watershed moment for Indian sport, as well as a triumph in overcoming the odds, Bangalore-based Sagar Baheti has become the first visually impaired Indian runner to complete the historic Boston Marathon, the world's oldest, most competitive and the hardest marathon to qualify for.
- Supported by the Massachusetts Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired (MABVI), the 31-year-old Baheti travelled to the USA and became the first visually impaired Indian to participate in the famous marathon.
- With assistance from an old college friend, Boston-based Devika Narain Aerts, Baheti finished the 121st Boston Marathon as one of 30,000 runners on a blisteringly hot Monday.
- The 2017 Boston Marathon has been recorded as the second hottest in a decade.
- Baheti completed the approximately 42.16 km distance in just over four hours.
Quick Question for Bank PO/ IBPS Exams 2016-17:
Who has become the first visually impaired Indian runner to complete the historic Boston Marathon?
- Sagar Baheti.