Microsoft-Flikpkart announce strategic tie-up
- IT giant Microsoft today announced a “strategic partnership” with Flipkart, wherein as a first step, the online retailer will adopt Microsoft Azure as its exclusive public cloud platform.
- The strategic partnership was aimed at providing consumers in the country the best online shopping service,
Starting with computing infrastructure.
- Microsoft Azure will ultimately add a layer of advanced cloud technologies and analytics to Flipkart’s existing data centres.
- Flipkart in its tenth year of operations had taken e-commece to about 50 million customers and the question now was how to take this to 500 million people in the next ten years.
- Flipkart plans to leverage;
1. artificial intelligence,
2. machine learning and
3. analytics capabilities
in Azure, such as Cortana Intelligence Suite and Power BI, to optimise its data for;
1. innovative merchandising,
3. marketing and
4. customer service.
- With 'powerful insights' about its business and new, intelligent services, Flipkart can deliver increasingly relevant and personalised experiences to its customers
Quick Question for Bank PO/ IBPS Exams 2016-17:
Microsoft announced “strategic partnership” with which IT company of India, wherein as a first step, the online retailer will adopt Microsoft Azure as its exclusive public cloud platform?