- The Congress’s floor leader in Lok Sabha, Mallikarjun Kharge is all set to become the next chairman of the Public Accounts Committee (PAC).
- Kharge will succeed his party colleague K V Thomas, who will complete his third term as Chairman of Public Accounts Committee on April 30.
- The Congress leadership had yesterday written to the Lok Sabha Speaker recommending Kharge’s name for the PAC chairmanship.
- The chair of the PAC is given to an MP of the main Opposition party.
- The PAC post will make him entitled to a Cabinet rank and an office at the Parliament House.
Quick Question for Bank PO/ IBPS Exams 2016-17:
Who will be the next chairman of the Public Accounts Committee (PAC)?
– Mallikarjun Kharge.