- Residents of a sleepy hamlet in a remote corner of coastal Kendrapara district in Odisha are elated as their son-of-the-soil ascended to a top-position in the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
- 58-year-old Bibhu Prasad Kanungo, a native of this village has made the people of Balia village here proud after he assumed the charge of deputy governor of RBI recently.
- Bibhu passed HSC from a high school in Bhubaneswar and studied Intermediate Science from 1973 to 1975 in Kendrapara college
- In 1979, he joined the Oriental Bank of Commerce as a probationary officer. Later in 1980, he joined Reserve Bank as an officer after passing Grade-B examination.
- During his stint as a senior officer of the Reserve Bank of India, he worked in; 1.Bhubaneswar,
other places in the country .
Quick Question for Bank PO/ IBPS Exams 2016-17:
Who is the current Deputy Governor of RBI?
- Bibhu Prasad Kanungo.