- Amid demands for farm loan waiver in the state, the government has announced ‘Advanced Farming – Enriched Farmer’ scheme, with an aim to increase farmers’ income by cutting production cost and increasing the output. The scheme will be launched in the upcoming kharif season.
- Under the initiative, the government has declared each tehsil in the state as a unit where planning will be done for agri-development.
- The major tasks that would be undertaken are:
1. raising production of major crops (up to the level of its genetic yield potential),
2. diversification of crops,
3. introducing marketing techniques,
4. uniting farmers through farm producers’ companies and
5. making them financially stable.
- The district agricultural department is asked to coordinate with farmers and their societies about the target of production.
- They will plan for the crop according to the soil, water conservation, loans being distributed in tehsils, etc.
Quick Question for Bank PO/ IBPS Exams 2016-17:
Which state government has launched the program ‘Advanced Farming – Enriched Farmer’ with an aim to increase farmers’ income by cutting production cost and increasing the output?
- Maharashtra Government.