- The government signed an agreement with the National Yuva Cooperative Society to set up 1,000 Janaushadhi Kendras across the country and targets to open such medical stores in every block and gram panchayat to provide quality medicines at an affordable price.
- At present, 750 Janaushadhi Kendras, providing more than 600 medicines and 150 medical devices, are operational and the target is to open 3,000 by end of this fiscal for achieving health safety.
- BPPI is the nodal implementation agency for the PMBJP, which is an an initiative of the Department of Pharmaceuticals under the Chemicals and Fertilisers ministry to make quality medicines accessible to all citizens at an affordable price.
- The PMBJP scheme would drastically reduce the out of pocket health expenditure for the common man and give an impetus to the Make in India mission in the pharma sector.
Quick Question for Bank PO/ IBPS Exams 2016-17:
The Union Government signed an agreement with which corporative society to set up 1,000 Janaushadhi Kendras across the country?
- the National Yuva Cooperative Society.