- The Union Government has constituted a High Level Committee in the Ministry of Law and Justice to be headed by former Supreme Court Justice, BN Shrikrishna.
- According a press note published at the Press Information Bureau website, this committee will review the institutionalization of Arbitration Mechanism in India.
- Apart from Justice(retd) BN Shrikrishna as its Chairman, the committee will comprise of;
1.another former Supreme Court judge RV Raveendran,
2. Justice S. Ravindra Bhat of the Delhi High Court,
3.Senior Advocate K.K. Venugopal,
5.Additional Solicitor General of India,
6.Senior Advocate Indu Malhotra,
7.Araghya Sengupta, Director, Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy,
8. a representative of Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI),
9.a representative of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and
10. Secretary, Department of Legal Affairs as its members.
- The committee will look into various factors to accelerate arbitration mechanism and strengthen the arbitration ecosystem in the country.
- It will also examine specific issues and roadmap required to make “India a robust centre for international and domestic arbitration”
Quick Question for Bank PO/ IBPS Exams 2016-17:
Who will head the committee constituted by Union Government in the Ministry of Law and Justice which will review the institutionalization of Arbitration Mechanism in India?
- former Supreme Court Justice, BN Shrikrishna.