Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu inaugurates six major Railway projects
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu inaugurated six major Railway projects in Kerala including the dedication of the newly-built 9.6-km long Tiruvalla-Chengannur double line which would ease the heavy rail traffic congestion in the Ernakulam-Kottayam-Kayamkulam section.
- Prabhu also inaugurated infrastructure facilities at
4.Thiruvananthapuram railways stations through video conferencing from Kozhikode.
- A new platform was launched at Palakkad station, high-speed public WiFi service was made available at Thrissur station.
- The minister also launched an escalator each in Thrissur and Thriruvananthapurtam stations besides laying foundation stone for the extension of Foot Overbridge at Kozhikode railway station.
- Now the number of free wi-Fi enabled railway stations in the state has increasd to five.
- The service was launched earlier in
Quick Question for Bank PO/ IBPS Exams 2016-17:
Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu inaugurated, how many major Railway projects in Kerala recently?