Vijay Keshav Gokhale appointed as Economic Relations Secretary in Ministry of External Affairs (MEA).
Online Current Affairs for 3 Jul, 17
Read Daily Current Affairs for Civil Services, Bank IBPS SBI PO Clerk Exams, SSC and all the other Competitive Exams. Below every Current Affair you will see that how many people have marked it as important for exams.. So just read what is important for exams. Read all the Daily Current Affairs articles below and click on YES button if you think that they are important for any exam. TheTubeGuru also provides Monthly Current Affairs in PDF, Monthly General Awareness MCQ's.
So Go ahead, make the best use of available daily current affairs and Best of Luck!
Read The Daily Current Affairs Below:
Achal Kumar Jyoti is going to be India’s new Chief Election Commissioner from 6th of July.
- The Narendra Modi govt appointed Election Commissioner Achal Kumar Jyoti as Chief Election Commissioner on Friday. Achal Kumar Jyoti will take charge of the office on July 6.
- 64-year-old Jyoti, former Chief Secretary of Gujarat, was appointed as the Election Commissioner in the three-member body on On May 7, 2015.
- Senior IPS Officer RK Pachnanda takes over as Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) DG.
- Mr Pachnanda, a 1983-batch police officer of the West Bengal cadre, was handed over the baton of the about 90,000-personnel strong, mountain warfare-trained force by outgoing Director General Krishna Chaudhary.
Writer Preeti Shenoy won Indian of the Year award by Brands Academy
- Shenoy, who is one of India’s top five highest selling women authors, was awarded on Friday by Brands Academy, one of the most reputed branding companies in India to recognise the achievements of personalities who have contributed towards building up the reputation of the country.
- Other prominent winners along with Shenoy included;
1. Deepa Malik (Paralympics Gold Winner),
2. Kavita Krishnamurthy (Singer) and
3. Ranveer Brar (Celebrity Chef and TV Host).
Adobe chief Shantanu Narayen and former US Surgeon General Vivek Murthy will be honoured with Great Immigrants Award for their role in helping advance the country’s society.
- Indian-Americans, Adobe chief Shantanu Narayen and former US Surgeon General Vivek Murthy, are among 38 immigrants to be honoured this year for their role in helping advance the country’s society.
- Shantanu Narayen and Vivek Murthy will be honoured with the prestigious ‘Great Immigrants’ annual award on US’s Independence Day on July 4.
Telangana IPS Officer Mahesh Muralidhar Bhagwat won 2017 Trafficking in Persons (TIP) Report Heroes Award from US State Department for his fight against human trafficking in India.
- Mahesh Muralidhar Bhagwat, currently Rachakonda Police Commissioner, has been conferred with the 2017 Trafficking in Persons (TIP) Report Heroes Award by the US state department.
- Mr Bhagwat is the third IPS officer to get the honour.
PNB is going to block all Maestro Debit Cards
- if the customer fails to replace it with a more secure EMV chip based card by the end of this month.
- The bank will not charge anything for the replacement and it will be provided free of cost.
- All Maestro cards issued by PNB will be blocked or hotlisted on July 31, 2017 for security based reasons.
- As per RBI advisory, existing magnetic stripe only cards need to be replaced with EMV chip and pin based cards by December 31, 2018, irrespective of the validity period of the cards.
Karnataka Bank unveils ‘KBL Image Debit Card’ to enable bank’s debit cardholders to customize/personalize debit card with image of their choice.
- City based private sector bank – Karnataka Bank, in its pursuit to transform customer satisfaction into customer delight, has unveiled yet another novel card variant ‘KBL-image debit card. It is intended to enable bank’s debit cardholders to customize/personalize debit card with image of their choice.
- This card is one of the new-fangled card products that will fulfil debit cardholders’ desire to capture their best moments/family/friends impression on the face of debit card.
Germany Defeat Chile to Win 2017 Confederations Cup Final.
- Germany battled their way to the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup title on Sunday, beating Chile 1-0 in a tight final in Russia.
- Lars Stindl gave the Germans a first-half lead against the run of play, taking advantage of some dreadful defending.
MS Dhoni hits 200 sixes in ODIs in India’s 93-run win over West Indies.
- MS Dhoni who played an instrumental role in India’s 93-run win over West Indies reached a career milestone by becoming the first Indian to hit 200 sixes in ODIs.
- Dhoni became the fifth batsman in international cricket to reach the elite 200 six hitting club. The list is topped by Pakistan’s Shahid Afridi with 351 sixes, while Sri Lanka’s hard-hitting opener Sanath Jayasuriya is placed second with 270 career sixes to his name.
Carrie Lam will be Hong Kong’s First Female Leader in the post of Hong Kong’s chief executive.
- Carrie Lam was sworn in as Hong Kong’s chief executive, becoming its first female leader and the fourth person to hold the top government post since China regained control of the former British colony in 1997.
- She was previously the top deputy to Leung Chun-ying, the unpopular chief executive who chose not to seek a second term.
- Mrs. Lam was sworn in by President Xi Jinping of China on his final day of a three-day visit to mark the 20th anniversary of Hong Kong’s return to Chinese control.
Telangana will have a separate Agriculture Budget from next year to substantially enhance funds for the agriculture sector.
- Telangana would have a separate budget for agriculture from the next year.
- Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao decided to substantially enhance funds for the agriculture sector and present a separate agriculture budget
- Farmers would be provided training of modern and scientific methods of farming so as to increase the farm output.
Assam to raise Special Rhino Protection Force (SRPF) for better protection of the one-horned rhinos in Assam.
- The government has already started the process of recruitment for the proposed force, which will be deployed for better protection of the one-horned rhinos in the state.
- There will be 22 officers for the proposed force who will be appointed on deputation for leading the force.
Railways & National Building Construction Corporation to redevelop 10 railway stations on global standards.
- Rail Land Development Authority today joined hands with National Building Construction Corporation for redevelopment of 10 railway stations across the country on global standards.
- The identified stations to be taken up initially by NBCC for redevelopment are;
2. Sarai Rohilla (Delhi),
9. Thane (New), and
Prime Minister inaugurated Textiles India 2017 India’s first ever mega textiles trade fair at Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
Ignou’s Vice Chancellor (VC) Ravindra Kumar announced Course Fee Waiver For Transgender Students.
- The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) on Sunday announced exemption of fees for its transgender students of all programmes.
- Vice Chancellor (VC) Ravindra Kumar announced the initiative during the 22nd Prof G Ram Reddy Lecture.
India launched National Biopharma Mission by the name Innovate in India (i3) to accelerate biopharmaceutical development in the country
- The first ever Industry-Academia mission to accelerate biopharmaceutical development in India will be formally launched by the Cabinet Minister for Science and Technology, Earth Sciences, Environment, Forests and Climate Change, Dr. Harsh Vardhan.
- The program named Innovate in India (i3) will witness an investment of USD 250 million with USD 125 million as a loan from world Bank and is anticipated to be a game changer for the Indian Biopharmaceutical industry.
- It aspires to create an enabling ecosystem to promote entrepreneurship and indigenous manufacturing in the sector.
Maharashtra government’s Sales Tax department ‘Vikrikar Bhavan’ renamed as GST Bhavan
- ‘Vikrikar Bhavan’ the headquarters of Maharashtra government’s erstwhile Sales Tax department, was renamed as ‘GST Bhavan” as the new tax regime rolled out.
In two years, the ‘GST Bhavan’ will be shifted to Wadala from Mazgaon.
TransStadia Rs. 550 crore sports complex officially launched by Indian PM Modi in Ahmedabad.
- Indian Prime Narendra Modi formally inaugurated TransStadia in Ahmedabad, Gujarat earlier today. The multi-purpose sports complex also hosts a 20-000 seater state-of-the-art football stadium, the first of its kind in the state.
- The facility’s formal inauguration comes nearly eight months after it first hosted a global sports event.
- The venue also lays great emphasis on sustainable development through water conservation by rainwater harvesting, mist fire-fighting and zero waste water discharge with a state-of-the-art sewage treatment plant and water treatment plant.
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik inaugurates computerisation of PACS and Rupay Kisan Credit cards in the state
- Odisha is the first state to implement an integrated Core Banking Solution Project covering all three tiers of short term cooperative credit structure – state cooperative bank, district central cooperative banks and 2,708 primary agriculture cooperative societies.
- With computerisation of PACS, farmers are now able to draw their sanctioned loans from the ATM network of National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) having 2.14 lakh ATMs of all banks across the country.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi welcomed the arrival of Narmada river waters in the city’s main water reservoir Aji dam in south Gujarat.
- The Narmada water reaching the dam will resolve the water woes of the people of this city in Saurashtra region which has been facing perennial water shortage due to deficient rains.
- Perennially facing deficient rains, Aji dam has overflown for only 11 times in the last 40 years. In the years when the dam is not filled, people of the city face water scarcity.
Modi formally welcomed Narmada dam water into the Aji dam.
- Aji dam is located some 450 kms from Narmada dam in South Gujarat. Reminiscing his initial days after taking over as the Gujarat chief minister in 2001
World Sports Journalists Day: July 2
- World Sports Journalists Day is a global professional observance held on July 2. It was established by the International Sports Press Association (AIPS) in 1994 to mark the 70th anniversary of its foundation.